7.4 Update: Pillars of Light

That reminds of the one time when only 9 out of 10 Battlecrashers spawned in one of the events long time ago.

6 Likes

Maybe I’m now being a grumpy old man, but why is the Valhawk looking like a (val)raven? Why not use a picture of a hawk. Would be nice if the artwork for this troop was changed

2 Likes

At least it is showing the limit of 10 sigils in-game IF you have 10 at the moment AND IF you look at the Monolith Buff Tab.

8 Likes

Uff

3 Likes

You’ve answered your own question. It’s another form of FOMO. In this case, not using up all your buffs which, at 6 a day, is going to lure people into playing longer than they might otherwise.

7 Likes

2 issues… fist of i need to say i am liking the update so far. However i fear that the additional VP will just widen the gap that has been mentioned many time before.

second issue is text position on adventure board

6 Likes

and this text size in offers

3 Likes

I don’t quite understand where the Monolith buff is active after doing the battles.
Is it active everywhere in pvp?
Or only in the Monolith area where you did the battles?

2 Likes

Yes, it is active everywhere in PvP.

3 Likes

i had this confusion too… the buff need to be shown on pvp map too

2 Likes

Thanks!
There was SO much information, I completely missed this!

2 Likes

Bummer. I was hoping that there would be no limit. Thank you for your response, at least I know not to waste my time hunting for Valhawks when you can’t have more than 10 sigils at one time.

3 Likes

@Sheffield, I am in the same situation being level 1900+. We have to go to a blood frenzy regions and activate victory talismans just to get over 100 VP.

Lower level players can probably get over 300 VP per battle. This update will only inflate scores and cause people to play even more with the new monolith timers. So sad…:rofl:

2 Likes

OK, so it is in-game somewhere, at least. But not made very clear, and easily overlooked.

Why is it 10, not 12? Seems like two full days would make more sense than a day and a half.

7 Likes

Definitely not their priority for most aspects of this game.

1 Like

Valhawks limited to ten because

there is no cap on the number of Monolith Sigil Bundles that can be purchased.

:rofl:

10 Likes

The update overall feels pretty…meh?

Congratulations on opening pay-to-win doors in PvP!
One gets extra VP with talisman that one gets by playing monolith battles paid for with monolith sigils that one pays for with gold marks that one pays for with real money. That’s a nice scheme you’ve got goin on here.

Summary

Step one - collect underpants.
Step two - ???
Step three - profit.

Once more - congratulations! Well done!

Monoliths in general? Some people will surely find them interesting or useful; for me personally they’re - whatever, who cares.

Bloodfrenzy (and VP multiplier in general) - the only good thing is that it might help to get over with weekly goals sooner.
What concerns increased VP going for the leaderboard - million thanks for making already unfair point distribution even more unfair. Gee, those higher level players will surely love some kick in the nads!
With current point system in place introducing this “feature” is mean, nasty and despicable. Congratulations, keep on the good work.

Is this the best you can muster? Correct translation would be, I presume, - sucks to be you, never going to happen! - as we know from past experience that testing (or anything that’s being looked into, for that matter) can easily last for eternity.
Surely, I don’t need to remind that improved daily deal offers (even after proudly announced in patch notes) are still in testing limbo - you are perfectly aware of it yourself and have put great effort into burying your head in the sand and scurrying away every time somebody brings up the subject.
Targetable dragonite eggs - likewise.
And my favorite one - certain zendesk help articles still contain false, obsolete information even ages after it should’ve been updated and ages after certain official persons said the issues would get rectified.

I will believe it when I see - with my own eyes - this stupid, unfair, unfriendly, punishing points system gone (which was your deliberate desgin choice, I must add, - tested for bugs, balance and fun). Only then and no sooner; everything before that is blah blah blah.

22 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun with this update! It’s encouraged me to venture outside of Central Spire and play with various different teams. Monolith buffs add creative ways to buff various teams, with the best overall in my opinion being Ullor’s Henge (+ magic every time you cast a spell).

Blood Frenzy rotating daily keeps things varied and fresh, and Blood Frenzy not affecting Central Spire allows those who prefer to use their best grinding team to go at it without enemies being buffed.

Looking forward to high level player scoring being fixed!

1 Like