7.4 Update: Pillars of Light

Thanks for replying. Attack teams are not good defense teams. That’s why doomed tomes are used in defense teams but never attack teams. We need to choose our defenders.

I look forward to seeing quick slots used for easily changing attack teams.

Thanks again. Please advocate for use to be able to choose our defenders like we always have.

4 Likes

Now this is an update I like. No over emphasis on monitization, instead introducing more reasons to play a mode.

Yes, I know the scoring is still a lil iffy, but I really appreciate you mentioning you’re working on that for maybe next week. Look forward to it.

I also appreciate showing the Region Bonus track on the QB menu (and the silver mark animation when you complete the track). I did often find myself having to check where I was in the track because… I’m paying half (or, well, quarter) attention and click through reward screens quickly.

If I’m reading this correctly, a player may only earn 6 Sigils a day – but they never reset (similar to Underspire, but those reset at the end of the week). This means we can stack up a bunch and go to town on specific monoliths and get really beefy.
Nevermind. Apparently the Sigils are limited to 10. How… unfortunate.

Might actually be able to top the personal ladder (probably not the global though - not enough time available to beat accounts with near 24/7 activity).

More updates like this, please. Thanks.
(Maybe Treasure Hunt rewards refresh next???)

1 Like

The game expects Guild Wars to be in that menu - if it is not in that menu currently, the game throws errors.

It’s on the list of things to do to make it not have a tantrum while we’re sorting things out in the meantime.

8 Likes

6f1cd285ac9c26133c5a390046b6f59365f05c6a_2_690x388

Maybe do this again?
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us know that u guys r working on balancing pvp. I am an end gamer at level 1900+ and feel like I am being punished for playing the game too much.

There is no way for high level players to catch up to lower level players. Deed books are the main resources blocking my progress, but there is a pvp mountain in my way that I cannot climb.

Please change this so that pvp is equal for everyone.:+1:

4 Likes

Oh bummer :confused:

Not getting double xp from Victory Talisman l get 116 VP from a plus 25 battle and only 146 from a plus 25 battle with the talisman equipped which is far from double as stated

After the update completing an Epic Trial battle the screne gets stuck and then crashes my playstation great update guys!!!

1 Like

1st was battle 21
2nd - 28
3rd - 30

Thanks for all the info, and definitely for letting us know what is being worked on.

Great. This will make a lot of players much more happy.

I’d rather this was left alone, as I like the way it works right now, but I understand it’s not how the mode is supposed to be, so I guess that’s fair. Still a shame, though.
Thanks anyways.

It would be better if that was signaled somehow in-game. I imagine a lot of players will play the first monolith challenge and then get annoyed the buff starts right away. Sure, they’ll probably learn from it, but still better to know in advance.

4 Likes

Gnomes and Valhawks can appear in the same battle. :wink:

8 Likes

More accurately - it expects Guild Wars to be scheduled within X time frame. Which makes it appear in the Guild menu.

As mentioned - the team plan to fix this so there doesn’t have to be guild wars data while Guild Wars is suspended.

4 Likes

Well, I had this happen to me today before I came here to see these notes…yay me

It’s nice hearing from you that guild wars is not intended to be scheduled in the current state of the game, and I wish that u guys could just shut it down until further notice.

I don’t want people to experience the “unintended” guild wars disaster that we had to face over here on Nintendo Switch. We got cliffy errors that resulted in losses and were confused. This event takes careful preparation and time to get ready for, especially in bracket 1, and if guild wars can be canceled on Monday, it would be better for everyone.:+1:

2 Likes

Is there a limit on how many Monolith sigils you can stockpile at one time? I ask because I don’t foresee myself spending much time in pvp until next Monday when the goals reset, so I don’t know if I could get away with grinding just enough pvp to get the 3 Valhawks each day then have a whole bunch of buffs when grinding next week’s goals.

5 Likes

Are there any plans to fix chat scaling anytime soon (on PC)?

A reminder of the issue: when opening chat from main world map - the text is smaller than the actual setting; when opening the chat from any in-battle menu - the text is the correct size. Please, get it on the list of things to fix ASAP. I’m 200% sure it was reported after the UI change, but now I can’t find the actual bug report in bugs.

Chat entered from main world map (tiny text):

Chat entered from battle screen (normal text):

I haven’t changed anything in settings in between, the window size is the same, the only thing I did differently was click the chat icon from a different location in the game.

5 Likes

Ah yes:

If you have 10 Monolith Sigils, Valhawks won’t appear in your battles until you have less than 10 Monolith Sigils

I see it’s not in the patch notes so I’m adding it in now, I’ll also make sure the help center article has that info as well

No ETA sorry but I checked to make sure we have a bug report for it and bumped it.

4 Likes

Is there an ETA for the achievements being added to Xbox?

1 Like

Not yet sorry, we’re talking with Microsoft to find out what the issue is and what the fix entails.
If it’s a server fix we’ll push it out as soon as the fix is ready and tested.
If it’s a client fix the new 7.4 achievements will be included in the 7.5 update.

Once we know for sure we’ll update the known issue article here

2 Likes

WHOA! … WTH? … That’s really not many sigils and for that information to not be provided is really bad. How many players will end up playing dozens (maybe even hundreds, given how bad RNG can be sometimes) of battles trying to find their valhawks, with no idea why they aren’t spawning, because the game won’t tell you some important information?
For Valhawks to just not spawn, with nothing in-game informing you of that, or explaining why, is going to cause a lot of frustration.
Stuff like this needs to be highlighted in-game.
And while I get that information can get skipped or missed, it also really needs to be included in patch notes as soon as possible.

To be clear, 10 sigils is less than two days worth of valhawks, meaning tomorrow we could have thousands of players swarming the forum and/or creating support tickets demanding to know why their third valhawk won’t spawn. And the answer will be “yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that”?
Why only 10 sigils? Are we really expected to play monoliths every single day?? Or just to not bother with PvP every day?
Sorry for the rant, and I know it might not be your fault that this got missed off the communication, and I thank you for sharing that now, at least, but can you please explain why the decision was made to not allow us to hold even two days worth of sigils in a game mode that lasts all week?
Thank you.

15 Likes