7.1 Bug Update (Please read before submitting any new reports/tickets)

Definitely sucks for anyone who boughts more tiers later in the week to make up for lost time (myself included, although I didn’t finish Underspire last week as I was not about to spend that many gems).

I would love to hear:

A) How/why this many errors occurred in the first place, passing QA (responses of “they dont have QA” incoming)

B) Why issues like these are so incredibly common to this game

C) What will be done to prevent such issues going forwards

I don’t expect we’ll get answers on those points, though :confused: Worth noting that I have never and will never view the devs as actively malicious or lazy, as I want to give the benefit of the doubt that this is some managerial, structural constraint, be it lack of employees, crunched time, etc. But it really sucks that this is the norm and players often come to fear updates more than be excited for them.

7 Likes

Tbh, not the compensation I expected (or hoped for). I thought it would be a gem-compensation only, and possibly a refund, but okay…

Is there an ETA on the compensation? Because IMHO, it’s a bit… odd… to announce on a tuesday, that lanterns and torches will be the compensation, when these expire on sunday. Someone may already have purchased lanterns on monday. So here’s hoping, that this compensation will arrive when next week begins, so someone doesn’t get stuck with a surplus of lanterns, and no dragons to light up.

4 Likes

I don’t think there will be anything next week. My question is will it be at reset tonight or a random hour in the middle of the day?

1 Like

I received the Cliffy error gems and the Adventure board gems but did not receive the Underspire lantern booster that I purchaed not the Torch boosters that I purchased…what is the timing of these compensations being distributed?

I’ve been umming and arring on whether to complete Underspire at all, and this last week was the final nail. The message about fixing the endless corridor also contained inferences that the community problem solvers and the players would be penalised for working out things.

So last week I had a bit of extra free time than usual, so I did actually day 1, spend 50 gems, 100 and 150. Day 2, 50, 100 and 150 and Day 3, 50, 100 and 150. I was able to purchase torches on Wednesday as I played on Ipad and I was able to play (patch not available at the time but worked). So Thursday close to finishing, 4 bosses killed and 1 identified. Thursday the dungeon reset…

A lot of people were forcibly reset (certainly numerous examples in alliance chat) on the Thursday, but the compensation only applies upto Wednesday? @Kafka

I literally could not stomach the underspire after, and now it’s done for me. The reset cost us players in our alliance, after the patch cost us several, that’s more important to me than any resource I can get.

The changes to the game since 7.0 are so anti guild, and inherently player. We understand the need to maximise margins and strive to prevent gem growth (no-one can grow gems now unless they don’t play) and such, but the burden on all players (and I would argue I’m one of the craziest managers of gems there is) has increased so much, it’s incomparable to previous iterations, yet if we look closely, we have nothing to show for it.

There is a real issue in the game that it’s actually stopped, and it’s going to shed more and more players and soon. No-one can progress and yet we see virtually no books of deeds. This is killing players who are literally not seeing any account momentum.

Don’t get me started on writs when you need a spare 90,000 per L20 kingdom, if you are lucky enough to get to L18.

10 Likes

@Kafka

So, what happens to the players that didn’t get reset until Thursday? It doesn’t look like actions taken in the Underspire on Wednesday is covered here.

6 Likes

They’ll keep right on spending because “it’s too good a deal to pass up”. The devs are definitely pushing the FOMO.

If the shoe fits…

Seriously though, I’d love to see the technical explanation for how stuff gets missed. I work in IT and there’s an entire process we follow when a change winds up having unexpected results, because customers are impacted.

But QA is expensive and eats into profits. Just like bug fixing.

Cutting into profits is bad.

In conclusion:

A) Because QA is expensive
B) Because QA is expensive
C) Nothing, because QA is expensive and people keep lining up to buy the “it’s a great deal” pa$$e$ anyway…angry payers are still payers (there’s probably plenty of ‘it didn’t affect me so I don’t care’ payers too, who aren’t angry because they weren’t affected)

5 Likes

Wrong. I for one will no longer purchase lantern packs

Ok, credit where it’s due. Just got my email for underspire compensation. In all honesty, that’s fair. I’m one who spent gems and $ and I got it repaid plus couple extras. I was originally going to gripe about you guys waiting til today but then I realised if I had spent stuff this week already, I could actually hold the mails and open an collect next week. I didn’t but I could. So yes, thanks for making it right in this case. The sole complaint I have is the fact that you were in radio silence mode on weather or not there was a way to fix it last week, we were left in the dark about how to proceed. But otherwise, it will do.

5 Likes

I didn’t even start Underspire until Sunday and lost neither Gems nor time when it reset [did I even lose any torches from that?]. But sure, I’ll take the free torches they sent today. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I was hoping it was just a typo but I only got compensation for the first 48 hours as they planned. Now I hope it’s an accidental oversight.

I’m missing an extra 10+2 torches for my Wednesday purchases.

ok i want to check this out the comp mail for underspire could i leave it there for next weeks underspire event please ??

Thank you received my torches and lanterns, though I must say today’s Underspire had a suspiciously extra long path to the next boss…

3 Likes

Definitely agree!

Compensation this time around is very fair and very much appreciated, and the fact that we can choose whether to collect and use it this week or use it next week is great. I do agree that it would have been better if you gave better suggestions for how to proceed last week, but I can appreciate that you were trying to investigate and figure out the problem. And overall I’m pleased with the outcome.

3 Likes

I wish the expiry time was 1 week longer, but I’m otherwise happy with the underspire comp. I just have to remember not to collect it this week and hope next week’s kingdom isn’t too hard, (eg me missing key mythic for scaling.)

Next week is Merlantis. It can be deciphered from the in-game Campaign Artifact’s background.

“Should” be easy, but not the fastest win. Merlion/Undine in the Diamantina room can take a lot of the risk away.

1 Like

Why you punishing players that had to spend gems at the second part of the week to catch up, due to your mistake? It’s really unfair.

2 Likes

Players, whose Underpire was reset on Thursday, keep asking about compensation. They received 24 torches, but they had bought 6 packs, so they think the compensation should be 36 torches.

Was there any official response about this issue?

2 Likes

First off, as soon as Underspire reset happened and there was no information about the future, I stopped using gems last week - 450 gems for 5 torch packs on Monday/Tuesday and free torches only Wednesday onwards.

Torches that got refunded - yay, so I spend 450 gems fewer this week to reach the final boss! - is, in essence, just switching addition terms around (which, as we remember from our basic math classes, does not change the result), so the actual compensation boils down to 50 gems + 5 torches (another 50 gems) = 100 gems. Hmm,. that is slightly more than the standard 50 gems for every problem, but still does not look too generous.

On the other hand, there was an opportunity to reach first dragon for the second time last week and get extra rewards…but how much value can we assign to it?
Usually, I’d finish with 1 bronze orb, 1 silver orb, 2 gold orbs whereas last week I got 3 bronze orbs instead - visible downgrade, that not even remotely can be counted towards any notion of compensation. (Yep, I don’t even consider other dragons - they’re just meh, whatever for me.)

Well, I just shrug it off all the compensation issue - it could’ve been worse yet I got nothing to be excited about…however, the way all this issue was handled is once again quite unsatisfactory:

1. compensation should’ve been sent out on weekly reset, not several days later;
  2. if, for whatever reason, sending out on weekly reset was impossible, there should’ve been clear and precise announcement about it before weekly reset;
  3. no status updates as the week progressed - once again the famous radio silence our beloved team is so proficient at;
  4. some might consider this really damning - no consideration for players who experienced Underspire reset on Thursday instead of Wednesday (because of when they updated game to 7.1);
  5. why the heck did all this happen in the first place?
4 Likes

Hopefully they’ll pop in and make an official statement about it.

I just sent in a support ticket about it, so it wasn’t further delayed. I don’t think it’s against guidelines to talk about the outcome, just posting screenshots of tickets, so hopefully this is okay to say:
They got approval to send me compensation for my purchases on Wednesday, so if you send in a ticket you should get it as well.

4 Likes