7.0 Update: Underspire

Hi Kafka, any update on the notification issue for android 13? Thanks.

1 Like

After 7+ years on PC/Steam and VIP 16+ Iā€™m considering leaving this awful game UI behind, itā€™s a sad day, but it sure seems like everything has fallen on deaf ears. Kafka is literally answering as if itā€™s an AI automated response ā€œto make it sound like we careā€ but in reality the amount of fixes proves they actually donā€™t give a single ____ about the players that gave them their paychecks.

7 Likes

Just like you keep us updated about other major issues, too? Daily deal offers that still havenā€™t passed internal testing despite being explicitly announced in patch notes? Targetable gem dragon crafting?

What guarantee do we have that any of the feedback has been actually passed on? Your word that it has been done?

Do I need to remind you that certain help articles in game guides section havenā€™t been updated to reflect current game reality for years despite you and other CX members personally stating multiple times that it will be taken care of?

4 Likes

Fourdottwoone has asked all the right questions hereā€¦
ā†’ 7.0 Update: Underspire - #328 by Fourdottwoone
ā€¦that have been asked previously many times without getting adressed properly or answered in any way. Just typing something around these topics, saying ā€œwe reported back to ā€œā€ā€ā€œā€œthe teamā€ā€ā€œā€ā€œā€¦ā€ just isnā€™t really a satisfying answer if when asked about things again afterwards we only get radio silence due to then only selective commenting on things by QA or by typing up something that wiggles around without any direct answers or confirmations about what has been asked about. That feels like a charade, that tactics may work once or twice.
The ā€œso we can get resolutions implemented soonerā€ was a real laughing point for me, I have to admit you got me hard with that one. Finally something ā€œfunā€.

To be fairā€¦ as long as enough players ā€œwhale buyā€ into everything new, despite everything that is not handled properlyā€¦ why should the ivory tower care if the honey keeps on flowing? I for example havenā€™t bought the campaign pass. the one rather fairly priced thing in the game.

9 Likes

Thank you for this.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you here. If the UI is not reverted before the end of the campaign then Iā€™ll stop playing, but if it is reverted then Iā€™ll buy the pass and hang around.

5 Likes

Did the beta testers not already comment on how distracting and misfunctional the new card design is, and (at minimum) let the team brace for the storm of negative feedback upon launch while they discuss how to fix the damage that the team (presumably) DISCUSSED and AGREED to implement? This. problem. was. self. inflicted.

To parody a certain Star Wars quote ā€¦ ā€œyou cannot afford to watch your playerbase suffer and die while you discuss the new UI in a committee.ā€

5 Likes

I should have some news about how the accessability feedback will be handled by end of day tomorrow.

18 Likes

At least any reply/update is better than silence ā€“ which almost prompts everyone to assume the worst.

Iā€™m actually mixed on the new card design ā€“ the new Mana ribbon actually looks nice, BUT it also completely shuffles the placement of vital UI information for the worse, and while I do not suffer any problems myself, I can understand the people who do.

PS - Hereā€™s a remote idea: Maybe if youā€™ve taken notes from a topic to discuss with the design team, you can drop a Like on the post in question? Obviously we have no way to know which topics a CX member actually reads (and I know itā€™s quite intimidating to log on to the forums for the day and discover a huge volume of new posts). but dropping a Like only takes a second, and it lets us know the topic has received some minimal acknowledgement from the CX team.

1 Like

I am more excited to hear that than I have any right to be. lol

Iā€™m actually mixed on the new card design ā€“ the new Mana ribbon actually looks nice, BUT it also completely shuffles the placement of vital UI information for the worse, and while I do not suffer any problems myself, I can understand the people who do.

If you like the ribbon, you should see what it looks like on an elite medalled shiny troop both in and out of battle. It looks even better (sarcasm).

Canā€™t wait to see what the devs are going to say. Iā€™d like to be optimistic but past experience leads me to temper my expectations.

1 Like

beta what ? :thinking:

Iā€™d bet beta testers did tell them what was coming. Hopefully that means thereā€™s already somebody working on accessibility fixes and the devs will be able to impress us with shipping those quickly :slight_smile:

Or, if I put on my conspiracy hatā€¦ they already have some fixes ready, but they decided not to ship them so that they can do that after release and say ā€œsee, we listen to you guysā€™ feedbackā€. Basically giving themselves at least one thing they can deliver on as a fix.

:thinking:

Iā€™m not a fan of the UI, but Iā€™m getting used to it and I expect most players are in the same boat. The only thing people canā€™t get used to not being able to see, eye strain and headaches from said eye strain, so I really hope they can do something for accessibility and soon :frowning:

Possibly not as much as would have been needed to avoid disaster. Beta tests were Steam exclusive, which usually means big computer screens. The players hit the worst by the new design are those playing on small screens, like mobile.

1 Like

I play on 6", on 32" and on 58". Same difference, you canā€™t see much. Since the update I only use teams that I memorised, so I donā€™t have to look at any stats at all.

1 Like

Just played a lvl 12 explore in Blackhawk, I didnā€™t think this was possible during underspire anyone else able to do this. I went to the kingdom to play underspire and explore lvl 12 started instead

It happened to me once last week during WIld Plains week.

Accidentally went to that kingdom to do Explore, for some reason it let me do one Explore run. Not sure what I did beforehand that might have allowed this to happen.

Sometimes the game renders ā€œUnderspireā€ and ā€œExploreā€ tabs simultaneously, making it possible to play Explore battles in that Kingdom (especially as the Underspire tab tends to be non-selectable via controller input).

soā€¦ when is end of day?

3 Likes

Hi all,

Update regarding the accessability feedback weā€™ve received for 7.0.

We have plans, or have already started implementing some changes in the next game update for the following:

• Increasing font-size for armor and life on the Troop cards
  • Improving colour/contrast on the mana numbers on the Troop cards
  • Improving the contrast on the Life and Armor numbers to avoid readability issues when the numbers are the same colour as the Mana bar behind it.
  • Looking at improving broken armor icon being hard to see due to the transparency
  • Mana orb looking full when itā€™s not

As well as endeavoring to keep contrast and font size more towards the front of our minds during future design.

We are still taking all feedback under consideration but the legibility of the Troop cards has been our priority with the feedback received so far.

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback for 7.0 so far and for your patience while we work on improving things.

17 Likes