6.9 Update - Issue with Trial Offer Purchases

by the way, absolutely hate the new design for the campaign pass.

WAY too busy.

6 Likes

Aye I did and now just got to wait and see what happens, thanks though.

@Jeto
since you’re “active”, closing duplicate forum topics without really answering on a expected timespan on a expected “fix”… when exactly will this “temporary” 1.000.000 situation be back to normal? " soon™ " as called by @Nimhain isn’t really a satisfying answer.
Is anyone even working on that matter? It has been over a week now and “for the players”, it looks like only “hammock” happened. What is the holdup? Please just hand out a date / info when the players can expect this glorified partial update to "work as intended™ "…

4 Likes

I chased this up this earlier to see if there has been anything possible to share, while the team has been actively working on this issue.
Currently, we are awaiting the fix to pass submission - which is why there has not been much more information, as the team is also waiting for it to pass and be finalised.

As Kafka mentioned, once there is more, we will share it asap. The same applies to further information on compensation or a more specific time the fix will be released.

7 Likes

But you’ll get 50 gems and an apology a week from now. Isn’t that enough?

4 Likes

Do you realize that you introduced a major bug on purpose to “fix” a minor bug?
Send an in game mail to warn players that there is no confirmation window and set back the original price!

1 Like

Despite getting an answer message I was hoping for a more specific answer/date than this. Everything just vague, the timespan to an update as far as I know, can stretch from “tomorrow to in early 2024” (possibly longer if handled like the daily deals rework that I assume still haven’t passed testing?).

How long does it normally roughly take for a fix to pass submission - whereever it is submitted? And further, after it “passes” whatever it has to pass, will the fix then “go live” immediately or does such an update only happen on fixed dates once a week/month or something like that.
I’d just like to know if there’s benefit in waiting out playing this weeks horrible trial team suggestions when the goal is to get this weeks starry pet maxed. In theory I could just play and win 1 match and just bombard the pet with orbs, but I’d rather have the chance to exchange it to max through gems. So, question: is this expected to be possible this week, or can you already confirm this will unlikely be the case?

3 Likes

When they say “submission” I believe they mean platform/store approval (Sony, Nintendo, MS, etc.), aka. the fix is already “in”. Just a guess, though, and it may be possible for them to schedule a specific release window for the update – otherwise, it goes live basically immediately after approval (though it may take a few more hours for it to distribute through the platform infrastructure to the actual end users).

Meanwhile, cloud/serverside updates don’t generally require submission approval, which is how those issues can get fixed same day.

1 Like

We fixed the issue and are now waiting for client approval before we can send out the patch.

That is very helpful information to know and took just a few minutes to say.

Any reasonable person will be happy with that explanation considering so many issues in the game just get ignored. Players can no longer give your company the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

I mean, the compensation could be all 5 offers bundled into a single 1000 gem purchase.
I’d be fine with that, personally.

1 Like

Better max 5 bundles for 200 each. There will be people that bought one and in between got the big fix implemented

1 Like

Certainly preferable yes. I have 32k gems right now so either way doesn’t affect me much.

I wonder how they’ll handle the offer for existing players.

1 Like

Полностью согласен. Дайте шанс купить пройденных.но некупленных питомцев не по нашей вине. Алмазы - не компенсация в даном случае. Придется ждать неделю пропущенных Королевств и снова проходить для получения предложения - а это уже очень много времени ожидания((

@Kafka can you indicate/guess if the fix the team is preparing will be available before the weekend?
If not, then I’ll start playing Kethar now and not wait for something that might or might not happen.
I know you probably can’t give full certainty, but I assume you know where in the process you are and what that usually means for releasing… (If your guess/answer turns out to be wrong, so be it.)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Fix will be available with weekly reset (not before), per Maisie’s link, so go ahead and play Khetar now.

Hello :slight_smile:

Just wanted to give everyone a headsup,

Global compensation will be going out in the next 24 hours on all platforms except Switch who will be getting the hotfix and compensation later in the week

6 Likes

Thank you, the compensation was completely appropriate and is much appreciated.

2 Likes

my only concern…

3 Orb of Minions is nice

but it takes 4 Orb of Minions to max the 2 Starry pets that we were unable to buy with Gems for those 2 weeks.

So… what now?

7 Likes