6.9 Update - Issue with Trial Offer Purchases

Personally, if there is no fix by Saturday, I’m doing the trials over the weekend. Even with the offer as is, you can still get the free pets from the trials, which is better than no pets. Next time epic trials are in Vulpacea, you can get more free ones and buy more through offers.

2 Likes

Ya I’ll probably do them by sunday no matter what.

Just out of curiosity:
What happens, if someone actually DOES spend a million gems by accident? There have to be at least a handful of players, who can afford it, and, as stated above, the cost is that high specifically because there is no second confirmation involved…

50 gems compensation? :rofl:

2 Likes

If that happens we’ll refund the Gems.

Update:

We will be looking into compensation for this issue once it’s resolved.
I’ve spoken to the team and unfortunately, it’s unlikely the compensation will include a Starry Pet at this stage.

I will give you the details once I have them.

3 Likes

50 gems at best, as usual!

3 Likes

Bit of a bummer, but I appreciate the heads up here. Just setting the right expectations can go a long way towards decreasing the disappointment.

To paraphrase.
“We know we released something without proper testing. But we’re not going to take responsibility for it. The only consequence will be more players will quit the game. But nothing will change because we’ve doing this for years and still profitable. So :person_shrugging:

19 Likes

Once again proper compensation isn’t even possible. Everyone who got banned for Kris Krinkle will tell you some insignificant amount of gems is adequate. Too bad this isn’t just a calendar issue.

2 Likes

While it’s not compensation which will likely be too late to help with this cycle (unless it’s 2 minor minion orbs) why not add them as a soulforge recipe. 5 pets for 200 gems with the chance to craft 5 times as that will allow people to get the pets if they want at the price you had set.

9 Likes

Yes, a once off soulforge recipe for those with the trial complete would be possible. Unlikely though.

For compensation, I think you can let us redo the epic trial, so we can have a chance buy pet and get another pet ourself.

5 Likes

The pet orbs and the soulforge recipes are very good ideas, let’s see if they are going to listen to players’ feedback for once or to disappoint us as usual…

1 Like

Another idea is for the devs to add a special weekend pet rescue event for Starry Foxite. This would cost players around 2000 gems for the extra copies of the pet, rather than the 1000 it should have cost from the trials, but if some gem compensation is thrown in, then it would be about the same, and it would create minimal extra work for the devs.

I’d likely expect to never receive them tbh, I was hoping this trial malarky would be decent but I’m not seeing it and 0 synergy is baffling would be nice to have a little variation of troop choices like 1 Defender’s/Mana generator’s (Will challenge us with knowledge of the kingdoms troops itself and therefore give us a certain option) The only fix that should be for this really is to give us the option of buying the pet when we’re done with the trials i’ve just done my first Epic Trial and saw the gem offer I was like lol what’s happened now… but anyway I just don’t know wether to continue with these trials or not now. Yes in doing so get’s em out the way but what if they leave it all till another Vulpacea event… well time will tell! As i already missed out on the free stuff in the Soulforge because I liked seeing that I could craft them and just left it there until I required it fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you… devs I guess lol anyway that’s my ramble.
TLDR Please don’t make us spend extortianate gems for this pet if you’s manage to sort it IP+2 lol

You may as well do it… you get 1 pet per Epic Trial, and 2 on the last one. Reset is in less than 5 hrs for the next kingdom and Epic Trials reset to the first Epic Trial the next time the kingdom shows up.

1 Like

Is this issue for all platforms? I didn’t encounter such an error. Immediately, after the update, I beat all 5 trials within the hour, paid 200 gems five times, and currently have the starry pet maxed at level 20.

The key word being “immediately”. The change happened about 2.5h hours after daily reset on Wednesday morning (European time), so several hours after the release of the update. You were simply lucky to finish before the change.

2 Likes

Mpst people don’t have the luxury of doing everything in less than an hour

4 Likes