6.7 Update: Krinklemas

makes sense:
26 for replacing rare troop, 30 for replacing ultra-rare, 34 for replacing epic and 38 for replacing a legendary

1 Like

New orbs ā†’ Great update
Dragonite Gnome ā†’ Good update
Troop level up layout ā†’ Terrible update!!!

Itā€™s designed to help new players?? Before we just need one screen for lv, traits and rarity. Now if we are on the level up screen, we need to get back one level, access another screen and then try to understand where in the several options we need to get. How on earth this is easier?

Please revert to the old layout. Itā€™s more clean and direct!

19 Likes

He knows the probability density function, we donā€™t. We have to trust his numbers. :rofl:

Holiday event updates - weā€™ll see when we get one.

New orbs - thumbs up!

Dragonite Gnome - now (seeing average expected dragonite drop) itā€™s time to update my pre-release estimation of 200 daily gnome-eligible games to 100 daily gnome eligible games for crafting one dragon egg per year.
From a purely numerical view - itā€™s a nice and good update. Unfortunately, thatā€™s where it ends as, from the gameplay experience perspective, Iā€™m not looking forward to these new critters with excitement.
The elephant in the room looms as large as ever - we are still at a complete mercy of GoW RNGesus, we still donā€™t have guaranteed dragonite source that allows to plan for 1 egg after X days even with most rotten luck ever, solution for duplicate dragons is still a promised pipe dream for which I wouldnā€™t exactly hold my breath (remembering how, for example, promise of improved daily deals unfolded - proud announcement in patch notes despite the fact it never actually got released and not a word ever since, successfully swept under carpet and forgotten, it seems.)

Not a single letter of important feedback has been taken into account and acted upon again.

Now, just imagine somebody boasting several perfect runs and several dragonite gnomes while the next guy has zero perfect runs and zero dragonite gnomes with the same amount of gameplayā€¦whatā€™s there to be excited about?
(I will, though, count every single gnome-eligible game starting today and every single dragonite gnome just for the record.)

Oh, one more thing - how long did you think before making Dragonite Gnomeā€™s durability in E1 just outside double Ironhawk farming range?
I canā€™t say I believe it to be an oversight by accident, my bet goes for deliberate act.

Troop upgrade interface - absolutely worst thing to come out this update!
Pre-6.7 I needed only two things from individual troop menu - Orbs tab if ascending with blue ball and Upgrade tab where every option I would ever need was a pop-up window from the same red rectangle - perfectly understandable and easily accessible.

Now leveling has been moved to a completely separate window that makes no sense at all and for other upgrades I would have to click through different tabs that I find so annoying. What is the purpose of this downgrade and how it is supposed to improve my experience?
The only redeeming point is ā€œmax upgradeā€ button that will allow to interact with this abomination as little as possible.

Overall, new upgrade interface is what I would call a prime example of wasted development resources, changing system that had functioned perfectly for years just for the sake of changing something instead of, you know, maybe fixing an existing problem or two.

18 Likes

Maybe somewhat obvious but does the game target Orbs for resources or souls and traitstones when (Edit) MAX levelling a troop? I wanted to ask this for super safety and not have an OoP wasted on anything lol

This interests me aswell.

Can confirm that itā€™s also happening on PS4. Signed in 3 times today, 3 times received the Campaign message.

Hey folks, following up on the Campaign popup:

This is a bug - but it will work itself through then work fine in future.

Basically the Campaign pop up happens at a maximum of once per week.

Because it is new and because weā€™re in week 5 of the Campaign, the game is currently basically catching us all up to the week 5 notificationā€¦ so once its done that it will stop popping up every login.

This was not intended to work this way as we know pop ups are annoying as heck. Weā€™re sorry that itā€™s running through the 5 pop ups after updating.

During QA testing it appeared to work as intended, so Iā€™ll ask the team to find out how this was tested so we can improve our QA for these timed pop ups in future.

16 Likes

nag, nag, nag!
i am suddenly reminded of Heathers.

and yes, itā€™s doing the same thing to me, and yes,it is annoying.
i bought the elite pass for the baby zuul, and itā€™s bugging me to get the upgrade.

Maybe it was tested the same way as the testing for the daily deal offers? Not at all?
Maybe you can ask the team about this too. :wink: And maybe we can get a public answer?

3 Likes

Logged in a few extra times to beat the 5 week counter, and the popup seems to now have disappeared, thus supporting the above alleged programming quality.

Logged in a few more times in the hopes that the mostly irrelevant popup (players have been asking for in game world event scoring details, and instead we get this popup #IP2style) may also be preempted from appearing in following weeks.

Unlikely though, since programming shortcomings seldom favour the players (or at least not for long, if I correctly recall some recent Dungeon Update changes)
:thinking: :stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

If I may propose a name change, Bronze/Silver/Gold Orb of Glory would match their art and functionality much better.

26 Likes

Just noticed, that I can see my level in the dungeon now. Good.

You should check with your programmer if this is going to happen for all campaigns going forward. You donā€™t want to nag every single returning / new player ten times because they started playing the game ten weeks into a campaign.

1 Like

Players arenā€™t ignoring the campaign due to awareness of it.
Players are ignoring the campaign due to Gems of War.

Make the 1,000 events youā€™re throwing at players work together more so that casual players donā€™t have to choose what events they can do and canā€™t do.

Iā€™ve been playing for 6 years now daily. Thanks to my guild and other community members. Not because of the new bells and whistles every update needs to introduce.

I appreciate the attempt to keep your claws in veteran players. But more needs to be done to get your claws into new players.

Yet another annoying popup wonā€™t help.

1 Like

Is this on switch yet?

Loving all the new updates we get! now just waiting for them to come out on the switch. Iā€™ll make sure to see If I can find any bugs.

Call it anything other than ā€œlow level explore balancerā€, please. My rewards are throttled in level 12 explore too, unless I make a sandwich between gem matches. :rofl:

12 Likes
  • Emojis on switch are bugged since 6.7
  • Moving from Krystara to underworld still takes longer then usually.

List will we updated

2 Likes

Yes, as of today. The team seems to have become much snappier about propagating updates to the Switch, to their credit.

2 Likes