6.5 Update: Dragon's Path

Hmm. Well, by saying the word permutation I’ve guaranteed a Mithran post in this thread, so I’ll just wait and defer to his judgment.

1 Like

please devs,change daily offer packs,no more souls.now need dragonites.

20 diamonds+100 crystal+400 shards +4-5 dragonites = 50 gems
50 diamonds+200 crystal+800 shards +8-10 dragonites +3 keys =150 gems

Another way would be to write a list of all possible combinations to pick 6 rooms (720) and count how many of them lead to a perfect run. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This. I was worried it would be more rng bullshit and they did exactly the same as before, oh but this time you have a good chance of getting nothing for doing the same as everyone else. How the hell is that fair!?

13 Likes

More currencies! Did Tencent buy 505?

4 Likes

A couple of months or years of regular activity should roughly even out the differences. What annoys me a bit about it again would rather be, that there had to be yet more achievements.
Steam should add a way to freeze your rating on a game; I’m tired of having to chase for 100% again and again.

1 Like

Just following up, I believe you are right, I was factoring in the permutation twice. Just 10% overall chance. :unamused:

1 Like

Gamble on elite levels for your troops.

Worst. Advent. Calendar. Ever

8 Likes

Assuming you got lucky and found all 3 Bosses in your first 3 attempts. 5% probability.
Now you should do the boss battles, right? I guess so

• Should we now try to go for the boon, altar, stairs whatever we gonna call it, since you already got your dragonite? 33,3% probability now.
  • Count “Descending Stairs” as trap room or as boon room?
  • If it’s seperated from the 2 traps and 1 boon and replaces one of those at random, should we still go for the stairs no matter what?

it also means if you don’t get boon door before the three fights, you can get it after, which means you can possibly get a treasure room after finishing.
Confirmed both yesterday & today. Got 10 emeralds yesterday, since I had done my Dungeon battles before update.
Got 10 rubies after all 3 fights today.
Personally, I think you should get 50 dragonite if you get both traps on your 1st two clicks.
"Here’s 50 dragonite, sorry we completely bent you over on this “update”.

4 Likes

too lazy reading 70 posts…

Is the dragon eggs summons random or not?

Seems to be similar to summoning stones, you randomly get one of the six dragons.

1 Like

Yeah, makes the most sense, but how frustrating it may be…

Might as well call it greed’s path instead.

4 Likes

Imagine you keep hatching straight the same dragon for multiple times … !
Lets see who will be the unlucky Donald Duck :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s still okay though, it looks like the other rewards we used to get from Dungeon remain untouched (and even got boosted slightly based on dungeon level). The dragonite stuff is an extra on top, wish they’d just put each dragon up separately for crafting instead of making it such an excessive source of repeated frustration.

3 Likes

but hey. if you struggle with RNG you can pay for them every day for more crafts. so chill :slight_smile: or just play some 5 more years trying your luck. keep up with the good updates team. lmao what is this game

I know everyone hates talking about monetization but for the life of me I can’t figure out how this design even makes sense from that aspect.

The carrot on the stick model is a tale as old as time. They want those of us that are at the very end of the game to remain engaged and continue to have something to strive for. That said, pushing the goalposts out as far as they decided to here is going to have the opposite impact on their intended behavior (i.e. getting the players to spend), at least from a game theory standpoint.

We’ve been offered Campaign-locked mythics, new kingdom-locked troops, etc etc. as a way to keep a steady revenue stream from the paying players while the f2p will have an opportunity later to even the playing field.

Given that we’re looking realistically at ~ 6 months+ under fairly aggressive circumstances to acquire all the content in this patch, they’re devaluing any of the rewards for at least the next 2-3 campaigns as your target buyer is throwing money in to keep their collection current and complete. The money-locked mythic troops will have multiple opportunities to then be picked up through “normal” means via the Soulforge or later event keys, etc. before the player will realistically have a shot to collect all the troops from this patch.

I’m trying to avoid the argument of whether anyone should spend on this game. That’s quasi-irrelevant. What is completely relevant is the current model doesn’t make sense from a theory standpoint for what a for-profit company should be trying to do. The Hoard Mimic could be (gruelingly) deterministically farmed with the only gate being time invested in creating a large enough sample size to make the drop all but guaranteed. Dragonite is a much different gate and it just blows my mind how this wouldn’t raise some kind of question to the tune of “Does this plan make sense for where we’re trying to go as a company?”.

Just baffling.

3 Likes

:point_up:t2:This!!

To this point I have been a campaign buyer. Not because the stuff has been so great, but simply because I wanted to keep my collection as close to “100%” as I can. I was willing to pay few euros for that.

Now, seeing the campaign troops from spoilers I am questioning if I should skip the next campaign pass. I simply can’t keep up chasing the unicorn of having everything anymore with those odds, so could simply just give up and craft what is craftable (campaign mythic) and try to enjoy the game with my unfinished collection. Hoard Mimic chase already made think of this and here we are again…

But hey, nothing changed really, just gotta get over the fact that we simply can’t have everything right away, I guess. :smile:

1 Like