6.5 Update: Dragon's Path

Thank you for this new update! I always loved the Dungeons and now this makes it so much more exciting.

Dragonite is a bit expensive though - and I did not get any from the Dungeon battles I did.

On that note don’t you want to do an overhaul on the Delves too? You know - the drab, repetitive and boring long Delves.

I hope there will be a “Dragonite Gnome” :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kafka Not sure if phase 1 of the daily deal rework is bugged, but:

I have an open Maugrim Woods task to fully upgrade 14 weapons (not achievable yet) (to power level 28).

I own and have fully upgraded every Maugrim Woods weapon, except for one paywalled weapon which I don’t own.

I received a daily offer for legendary ingots today, after the daily deal rework. This offer is useless, because no weapons exist to upgrade with them. I, and all endgame players, will continue getting this offer until 2 more Maugrim Woods weapons are released.

Unfortunately, this means that removing other dead offers didn’t help players in my situation - the ingot offer will just keep appearing and taking up that offer slot.

1 Like

I hate this.
I found both traps and got 0 Dragonite. While a guildmate was LUCKY and didnt find any traps and got 82 Dragonite.
I am really pissed off by this. ZERO Dragonite for doing the exact same effort, but with 2 x debuffs.

23 Likes

Got 2 traps - 1 fight - 1 descending stairs =)

2 Likes

The chance to get dragonite from the daily dungeon is actually 60%.

30% for opening 3 doors containing 3 battles (3/6 x 2/5 x 1/4 x 3! = 6/20 = 30%).
10% for opening 4 doors containing 3 battles, with the first one being an altar room (1/6 x 3/5 x 2/4 x 1/3 x 3! = 10%).
10% for opening 4 doors containing 3 battles, with the second one being an altar room (3/6 x 1/5 x 2/4 x 1/3 x 3! = 10%).
10% for opening 4 doors containing 3 battles, with the third one being an altar room (3/6 x 2/5 x 1/4 x 1/3 x 3! = 10%).

30% + 10% + 10% + 10% = 60%.

Edit: Me stoopid, it’s really just 10%. The permutation is already included, it shouldn’t be factored in twice. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

The RNG was removed from, the initial dungeons realese. You were not assured to get diamonds and the community hated it and i was changed and now you do the same with dragonite? Pfffft

13 Likes

I may just be very tired, but i don’t think you want those permutations in there. You’re multiplying every term in your sum by 6, which is why your result is 6 times 10 percent.

For the simplest case where you just get 3 battles, their potential locations are already accounted for in your fractions. It’s equivalent to drawing marbles out of a bag; their locations don’t matter, just the number of choices left in the pool.

Edit: and yeah, the RNG fiesta is ridiculous and feels bad, whatever the chance is.

4 Likes

The sequence in which you pick the battle rooms doesn’t matter, so you need to permutate. Picking, say, battle 1, battle 2, battle 3 has the same result as picking battle 2, battle 3, battle 1.

Hmm. Well, by saying the word permutation I’ve guaranteed a Mithran post in this thread, so I’ll just wait and defer to his judgment.

1 Like

please devs,change daily offer packs,no more souls.now need dragonites.

20 diamonds+100 crystal+400 shards +4-5 dragonites = 50 gems
50 diamonds+200 crystal+800 shards +8-10 dragonites +3 keys =150 gems

Another way would be to write a list of all possible combinations to pick 6 rooms (720) and count how many of them lead to a perfect run. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This. I was worried it would be more rng bullshit and they did exactly the same as before, oh but this time you have a good chance of getting nothing for doing the same as everyone else. How the hell is that fair!?

13 Likes

More currencies! Did Tencent buy 505?

4 Likes

A couple of months or years of regular activity should roughly even out the differences. What annoys me a bit about it again would rather be, that there had to be yet more achievements.
Steam should add a way to freeze your rating on a game; I’m tired of having to chase for 100% again and again.

1 Like

Just following up, I believe you are right, I was factoring in the permutation twice. Just 10% overall chance. :unamused:

1 Like

Gamble on elite levels for your troops.

Worst. Advent. Calendar. Ever

8 Likes

Assuming you got lucky and found all 3 Bosses in your first 3 attempts. 5% probability.
Now you should do the boss battles, right? I guess so

• Should we now try to go for the boon, altar, stairs whatever we gonna call it, since you already got your dragonite? 33,3% probability now.
  • Count “Descending Stairs” as trap room or as boon room?
  • If it’s seperated from the 2 traps and 1 boon and replaces one of those at random, should we still go for the stairs no matter what?

it also means if you don’t get boon door before the three fights, you can get it after, which means you can possibly get a treasure room after finishing.
Confirmed both yesterday & today. Got 10 emeralds yesterday, since I had done my Dungeon battles before update.
Got 10 rubies after all 3 fights today.
Personally, I think you should get 50 dragonite if you get both traps on your 1st two clicks.
"Here’s 50 dragonite, sorry we completely bent you over on this “update”.

4 Likes