6.3 Update: Depths Below

I came here to ask this question

Did this update break tribute notifications for anyone else? I’m pretty sure I haven’t gotten a single one since I updated. (Android)

Yep Same here

One of the best updates we’ve had in a long time, thanks dev team!

I do definitely agree with the AI needing to be able to play faster as it’s already dumb as a brick, but it’s provided me the opportunity to grind for hoard mimic and medals while working so I’m not going to complain too loudly!

I also agree with the hardcore comments, I personally LOVE the new potions in delves and am abusing them thoroughly, but I do think an option to do delve in a hardcore mode (sans potions) for an increased reward could make the hardcore (masochist) players happy while leaving the rest of us to enjoy the pleasure of doing delves at a reasonable pace.

My main question however, would be - can we please get an increase in chaos portal openings? Doing 10 at a time is absolutely painful…

1 Like

I have this issue on my iPad Pro 10.5” too. Just that I can’t do anything about it :laughing:

Edit: FYI: On my iPhone 13 Pro it shows fine. Must be the aspect ration.

Ah ha! I guessed right then :stuck_out_tongue:

Just wanted to add: thanks for all the info lately, Kafka, you’re doing a great job!

4 Likes

Wait, what?

The Empowerment system was scrapped in PQ3, but is being reincarnated in GoW? Well, I’ll chalk that up to things I’d never expect to see (re)appear in GoW.

Minor bug, empty variable name for the new Treasure Hunt pet in the Pet Type filter.

1 Like

The update killed the ability to use split screen mode on Android 12. It says this app doesn’t support split screen mode. I can no longer play the game in ‘fake’ portrait mode which is really bad because most of the time I can only play with one hand :frowning:

How do i make this go away?

I can still use it but it’s landscape and way smaller. Doesn’t work at all in portrait split screen anymore. And seemingly newer Android versions have it evne worse.

So far, no reaction to me asking about it. Guess we should open a bug report.

1 Like

Spend all your special cheats and collect all loot. That should make it go away.

They are probably asleep its around 3am over there.

They’ve replied to stuff posted after my post. :man_shrugging:

Guess renaming a pet is more important than split screen being broken. :joy:

1 Like

In honesty i dont really get whats going on here. Autoplay? A pointless and worrying addition which benefits only ALT players who leech guilds every week. Am I right in understanding that i need a horde at 200+ for an achievement? If so, no thanks cos my ambition was completion of all at 100 (tho i did raise lyrasza to 150 cos its stupid). Leave updates outside of wars please…do it on arena event week where nobody cares. Helping factions has come way, way too late. More monetisation is the aim as usual. Fair enough. But fix the basic errors at the very least once in a while.

I have a question… who is responsible for picking the font for the quests and how on earth a decision was made to pick that one? Comic style, I know, but has anyone checked it for legibility on small-screen devices? Because I can hardly read it on a 6-inch phone. Re-size that screenshot to 6 inches on the diagonal, to phone size, and try reading the lines… :woozy_face: It is a mobile game, right? RIGHT?!

5 Likes

Hey @Kafka

I’d be fine if this were a once-off. Sadly, as I said, every update I can remember, since before version 4, seems to have released during Guild Wars week. Could you please try to always target the week after Guild Wars?

In terms of the mouse pointer, I can’t send a screenshot because I don’t have one that shows the mouse pointer prior to the patch (standard sceenshots don’t include the mouse pointer).

What I can say is that the current size of the mouse pointer is most easily described by bringing up the Emoji Collection screen. Then, the hand-shaped mouse pointer is the same height as the capital letter at the start of the name of each emoji set. That’s quite a bit bigger than it used to be, and it makes it more difficult to grab the scrollbar at the right side of that screen. (Please ask, if that’s not clear – I’m doing this in a hurry.)

I’m running in a 1920x1080 window on a 2560x1440 screen, with a secondary screen that’s 1920x1080.

Other questions

Incidentally, why isn’t there a setting for a 1440x1080 windowed mode? With some exceptions (eg: the new “extra delve sigils” button), the game seems to present more naturally at that form factor (eg: on my iPad).

And why does the chat interface not scale based on actual dpi? (I see far more lines of chat on my iPad than my PC.)

1 Like

:joy: :person_facepalming:

I was going to ask if you’d done the quest (I haven’t), but seeing who’s asking, I’m sure you have. Wow.

1 Like

Works today so what ever magic you did behind the scenes worked:

smoke mirrors

Thanks for posting the visual, Dwuemka. Cracks me up to see your avatar all frantic at seeing a vampire approach, but is perfectly sanguine in following its/their orders with a cheery “Okay.”

1 Like

I think this delve update is awesome. As someone who has completed all pure factions (that are available on switch), I hope this encourages more people to go for it.

4 Likes