6.3 Update: Depths Below

Just downloaded the update on Xbox (searched for it and manually downloaded it). If you try to auto-battle an Explore battle, the Luther tooltip comes up, but can’t be cancelled/bypassed. Tried pressing all buttons and can’t get out of the tooltip. Had to quit to dashboard and shutdown game. Restarting the game, tried to go back into an Explore match and setup an auto-battle, same thing happens again.

Edit : Tried again this morning, and the issue seems to have resolved itself? Did the exact same process and this time the buttons went through the tutorial as they usually do. Strange that it repeatedly wouldn’t work last night, but at least it’s working normally now! :slight_smile:

Did that really require a full-sized 1 GB update? I thought, the files were somehow corrupted with the whole game starting to reinstall, especially as there is no Steam announcement yet.
I did not plan to spend three hours locked out this morning because you could not shrink it down.

2 Likes

Great news about the delve updates. It is honestly the only section of the game I do not like.
All other battle runs are shorter - PVP only 1 battle at a time, Explores 5 or 6, Challenges 7 battles on a level, Pet rescue is the highest at 8, Guild Wars 5 battles, Arena 6, but Delves are 9 damn difficult battles to get through and the rewards are puny. Wish they would reduce the maps to fewer battles - like 6 would suit me fine. So I really welcome the potions! Will reduce my hatred of delves.

You do not have to pass through all rooms. The shortest path has 3 rooms (= 3 battles), the longest - 5 rooms.

Why is every single update (as far back as I can remember) released during Guild Wars week?

This is the worst possible time to do it. Salty repeatedly said you try to avoid this. Yet it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Please fix your process and schedule for all future updates!

6 Likes

Wann kommt das 6.3 update auf der switch?

Why is “increasing the size of the mouse pointer on Steam” not in the patch notes?

It’s pretty hard to miss!

Unfortunately some art files weren’t built correctly in 6.2 so they were showing up as brown squares, instead of the actual art. In order to fix this we had to rebuild all the art in the game, which requires all the art in the game to be redownloaded in 6.3.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and have taken measures to try to prevent art build issues happening in future updates.

Originally 6.3 was intended to be released last week but it was delayed on one of the platforms so we had to release this week instead.

We are making an effort to not release updates during Guild Wars weeks but this time it was unavoidable :frowning:

This is not something we included in the update.

Which screen resolution are you playing on?
Full screen or windowed?
Can you also please provide a screenshot?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Suggestion’s? I’m having a disk read error after updating. I put an exception in avast for steam and gow. If I turn off avast it works fine. I haven’t found a work around beyond turn avast off.

I’ve let the team know, usually adding the exception should be all it needs.

1 Like

I’m still a bit puzzled about this one. Once a Delve had been upgraded to a Deep Delve, can it still be played as a normal Delve, for 1 Delve Energy? Or does this irrevocably replace the standard Delve?

3 Likes

Deep Delve should work for one attempt only.

You can either play normal for 1 sigil or play deep for two sigils.

Edit. What I meant was that player will be given choice between normal/deep and will have to select what they want.

2 Likes

These deep delve gnomes better be something pretty special if we have to use 2 sigils and 10k gold to even access them. I can go butcher hundreds of gnomes on demand with GaP. And by special, I mean the Forge Scroll and Book of Deeds crafting options in the Soulforge are getting mighty dusty.

1 Like

If you miss rooms your rewards are reduced though.

Next week is Pridelands event week. Just to make sure, the new Shadow-Hunter’s Claw will be available for crafting, right? There aren’t any extra secret rules attached this time to make us wait another year?

9 Likes

@Kafka @Jeto im having an issue since this update on my chromebook where every time i click the mouse my cursor disappears and i have to either click again roll the mouseball or hit a key to make it reappear its impossible to play like this and i need my chromebook to play GWs in bracket 1 i tried reinstalling the game and restarting device neither helped

1 Like

@Jeto @Kafka

Split screen is completely broken in portrait mode. It’s bigger there but doesn’t register touch for the most part.

Not sure why or how but you broke split screen.

My 10million gold budget per faction in the past was worth it. :joy:

Delves are way cheaper now.

3 Likes

Same with me, cursor disappears

Thanks iOS. :neutral_face: