6.0 Update - Into The Rift

I’m more confused by the doubling/tripling of time from 3-4 weeks (always 4 weeks, so 1 month), to 2-3 months (which will likely be 3 months since it’s always been the second value).

That said, I’m worried about the battlecrasher phrasing. We know there’s a hard-cap at 10, but after 5 the chance of finding one diminishes. Will they have tweaked the decreasing value so 10 is feasible or will the unofficial hard-cap be 6 (i.e. 5 regular chance battlecrashers and 1 after chances decrease)?

At 5 crowns and 50 levels, that’s 250 crowns. With the event running 5 weeks, that’s 50 per week, requiring an average of 7-8 per day throughout the event. If the hard-cap of 10 is achievable, then non-daily play is possible by playing 25 of the 35 available days. If 10 is only for the most dedicated grinders, then it’s FOMO rules, which is how it always is.

I’m excited for changes and new guild co-op mode. But I’m also wary of whether they fixed the battlecrasher mechanic and the hard-cap is possible without requiring a 5-hour investment.

3 Likes

Where will that come from? :open_mouth:

The ironic part is that it might only be FOMO for those who purchase the Royal Kingdom Pass. We haven’t seen the rewards yet. If the Free Kingdom Pass is anywhere close to the Free Campaign Pass it will mostly contain trash loot, meaning F2P will miss out an a few minor traitstones and a treasure map or two. The real rewards will be in the Royal Kingdom Pass, and the crowns setup looks geared towards pressuring those who bought one into spending more money or forfeit part of their purchase.

2 Likes

Just when all I lacked to complete my collection page was 1 troop.

I’m definitely wondering if/when the hard-cap will be broken and cost people as a result.

5 crowns a day won’t be enough, if they’ve fudged the communication like they did with the Soul Harvest, and that straight-up becomes false advertising since money was exchanged.

If one actually can get 10 a day for a reasonable effort, then that’d be fine, barring the “you can spend unlimited money” thing isn’t gamebreaking or overly predatory (but who am I kidding — it’s definitely the latter, if the purchase can be made over and over and over)

2 Likes

having FOMO moment aren’t you? just one, if you buy this royal pass, you’d complete your troop collection. Buy it, it’s just some (insert amount) anyway, compared to the time you spent in game, it’s nothing!

^
that line is what some marketers are saying to their customers to buy their stuffs, feeding off their fear

4 Likes

Please consider making Adventure Board battles eligible for battlecrashers. You’d be helping casual players and at the same time remind them on a daily basis of the ongoing kingdom event.

10 Likes

I was close to catching up at one point and FOMO was getting the best of me with the campaigns. $10 wasn’t that much money and I had Google Play Store credits I wasn’t using anyway. Now I accepted that I’ll never complete any collection and that I’ll be satisfied with “almost all”. I don’t even care to get all the Tarot troops, even though I have a few hundred VKs.

I’m not sure what would get me excited again about GoW but it’s definitely not passes like these. Journey events sounded interesting, except for the type and color restrictions.

2 Likes

All the bad new content we get for free, all the less bad new content we have to pay or wait for.

And we get to play a heavily constrained team in another event type all week… wooo.

Stance of “last delve and I’m out” remains basically unchanged here.

9 Likes

Yes, indeed. As a programmer, I want to know what new bugs to look out for :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Journeys. They said it will function like Raid and Invasion… oh, right. It’s just a world event with different mechanics. Guess I saw “Journey Rewards will be earned from a Guild’s progress” and thought co-op like Tower of Doom, but right after it clearly states “like Raid Boss and Invasion” which is the same things as any world event. Although, wonder if the path and enemies are always the same and that way you can help your guildmates that way? Sigh, now I want a real co-op event.

1 Like

Well, the weapon is supposedly part of the normal pass, unless I read that wrong.

Although that probably means some will be paywalled in Royal Pass until they show up in forge/flash offers while many (hopefully) will be in free pass.

It sounds like journeys are just world events that somehow have even more complicated scoring. Maybe they should be viewed as an attempt to finally diversify the weekly events, rather than something new.

I’m not doing two parallel battle passes, so I’m going to give up on staying current and buy neither pass. It was nice to throw the game $10 every few months, but I can’t justify it anymore.

3 Likes

Why did you get me excited for co op only to eventually realize still no co op? Seriously, I actually got excited for 6.0 when you said yes co op. Nothing in Kafka’s post made me excited, but then you said co op and I thought I missed it, and thought co op omfg yes. But no, there isnt any. Sigh! Back to neutral feeling on 6.0.

Doom is the best event because it has guild co op. Love me some doom.

You could argue GW does too, but that is limited only for old guilds. My guild turned two years old this week and that’s not still not old enough to compete. GW is still the easiest event that you can win by facerolling on your keyboard or phone screen.

So, doom. Doom is awesome. Need more doom.

4 Likes

I joined this game earlier this year and so far I have yet to see content that is released without major bugs we are expected to deal with usually for months at a time. The Wyrmrun traits still are not fixed a month after they claimed it was fixed and soon would be put in and well over a month since their release. They keep adding troops to the vault but not fixing the droprates or excluding things we have 4x mythic copies of already so we get a bazillion cedrics who are worthless not even worth many souls to disenchant so it becomes absolute trash. Now they are talking about months for the tarot to be in the vault which I assume will still have broken drop rates. Now they want players to pay for another pass as well when so far I have yet to see anything be released correctly. If things were balanced and content was given as promised bug free I could see them having an argument of paying for quality content but so far it feels like “give us money but don’t expect things to work” Please if you have to slow releases for awhile to make sure things are actually working before release I would much prefer that to releasing broken stuff with terrible game breaking bugs that we are expected to just deal with for 3-4 weeks at least while you finish getting it ready. It feels like buying a meal that is uncooked and being told to just keep eating it and they will get around to cooking it in a few days. If it is not ready don’t release it at our expense plz. Sorry for the rant but seriously do better.

20 Likes

#weavergate = spend no $ in GoW

Honestly, my FOMO is being cured by the companies latest actions.

22 Likes

Weavergate, Double skull bug lycanthropy issues wyrmrun traits ai generating too much mana and stealing your turn new weapons that do not work the latest and least problematic the release of the devil. this is just a handful of the bugs encountered so far lol all but the devil on this list took them several weeks to get around to fixing making delves explore guild event sometimes almost unplayable and very frustrating but that GaP was sure fixed quick though wasn’t it.
Edit: oh yeah and that kingdom weapon for drifting sands I think it was that didn’t even work to boost dmg or make gems with the troops it was supposed to.

5 Likes

Happy B-day!! :birthday:

2 Likes

Why do people want the Wyrmrun troops to be changed so badly?

I wish the legendary would stay the way it is as the other 50% mana start dragon sucks. Absolutely useless garbage troop.

If it was up to me they’d never manage to fix the bug so the legendary could keep his 50% mana start for dragons (or they’d keep him that way but if they fix the traits I’m sure they won’t).

7 Likes

They will need to fix the bug because a number of Nexus troops have similar traits, so unfortunately this will be unlikely.

1 Like