5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

Hopefully I’m not the first to say it but thank you for this update. I’ve just used my first GAP and it was exhilarating. Side note: I’m one of the few not experiencing bugs after the update so this has been a fully positive experience. So much so that I want to craft another one and listen to the music this time (I usually play with sound/music off).

4 Likes

Me too, I only let music on during Gnome Palooza.

1 Like

Yep love gnome-a-palooza. Thanks!

I love the music too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Have not read since my last post — no time to waste! — but wanted to come here to say with as much gravitas as possible….

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOoOoOoOooooooooo!!!

6 Likes

I was excited at the beginning and love getting all these rewards but now I’m starting to fear for the game and it’s economy if this continues. I used to have to farm for 3 days without sleep to get 50 vk’s. Now I’m getting that every hour! God only knows how much of the other resources I’m getting…

6 Likes

I wonder if this was the solution to “how are we going to hunt for a single troop in Cedric’s ever-increasing drop table?”

6 Likes

Don’t jinxit and keep farming, this weekend can set you up with so many recources, I don’t even care if it gets nerfed afterwords

3 Likes

Yeah but I’m starting to think all the farming will be in vain. They might decide to roll back everyone account to before vault event started.

3 Likes

They just need to remove all verses from player inventories and nerf into the ground. Rollback would cause a mass exodus.

But yeah, I’m worried about it too.

1 Like

They can’t really keep it like it is. Players would farm for a week or two, get bored once they own several times the resources they’ll ever need, then quit the game. They also can’t really nerf it, it would split the player base into two parties, those now rich beyond their wildest dreams and those that missed out and need several years to catch up. That leaves server rollback to Wednesday, resulting in the biggest lynch mob ever pounding on their doors. Or just letting the game die and moving on. There hasn’t been any word yet on plans after the last factions gets released, right?

1 Like

Devs can’t claim to be surprised. This exact thing was talked about in multiple threads including Salty’s streaming thread. How could they not realize this would happen? Have they lost touch with the game that much?

Verses should never have been allowed to drop during the GAP. The 4 new gnomes should have been programmed to drop something else during the GAP.

4 Likes

Let’s all just whistle that tune as long as it lasts. Surely they will remove the band members from that 15 minute party next week, so let’s live in the moment and enjoy :upside_down_face:

Gnomes of War.

From now on, we only kill gnomes. Personally, I have 40 minutes of Gnome-a-Palooza going on now.

5 Likes

I’m reminded of that Twilight Zone episode with the guy who thinks he’s died and gone to heaven because he’s playing the slot machines and winning. But then realizes he’s in hell because he wins EVERY SINGLE TIME.

4 Likes

12 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes