5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

Same here in arena on Android.

Skszp’s observation that it’s all enemy matches being doubled was very astute: easy to see this happening in Arena, they’re filling their mana a lot faster than they should be.

The bug is on Switch, at least in explore game mode.

It’s also worth noting that in beta testing, a lot of testing is done on 1x animation speed so that we can see exactly everything that happens on the board.

6 Likes

Well, that’s a change from when I was beta testing. I kept my speeds at 4x because anything less makes me impatient. You all are saints for managing to play on 1x for so long. (I would drop to 1x when I noticed something wonky, but that was not the norm for my beta-testing gameplay.)

7 Likes

Lol. It does feel like watching that super slow mo sloth gif :rofl:

I’ve rewatched my beta logs that were at 4x animation and didn’t have it there but lots of builds were pushed for testing this time so somewhere along the line this has crept in under the radar

4 Likes

Can we please have some indication of the expected appearance rates of the new gnomes? Would be great to know if it’s 1:12 or 1:100 or 1:1000

6 Likes

It’s nice to see there are few positive feedbacks too, I think this update is a great thing from the team and with 4 day vault event It’s even better! Sure there are problems, but I’m sure the team is working their butts off to correct them, I’ll just postpone my delves for later, in hopes for a quick fix. I can’t play with x1 speed anymore, funny how brain works, because once upon a time all the other options were too fast for me… Thanks for Gnome-a-Balooza ! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Went to first AB task and let skulls hit me. First two did double damage, second two did not. Another then did first normal second double. Has the word “embarrassing” been used here yet?

Regarding words used here already, there might be some synch issue between beta and live.

Soooo when is 5.6.1? 5.6.00005?

6 Likes

I think ‘sadistic’ is the more appropriate word, since it’s clearly intentionally designed to force players to play at slow speed, and fits with how the devs are putting their full effort towards making people suffer with psychotic designs like lycanthropy.

Oh, yeah, I’m not going back to 1x speed. That is a thing that is not ever happening.

6 Likes

I had a board reset just now… it did not drain any mana from any troop or fill the board with new gems… it was the same behaviour as always.

4 Likes

8 Likes

:shushing_face: Just keep calm and be happy we also got a positive bug :crazy_face:

It has potential, but to evaluate that i want to prove two things in the next vault event before:

1. How much time it takes to start this 15 Minute Event
  2. How “risky” it is this event loops itself with balance consequences for the future…
1 Like

Usual re-shuffles are working as previously.
This “Board reset” with Mana drain occurs only if board is filled with Stone Blocks via Deep Dwarf and no possible move on the board.

The wording in patch notes is completely not clear and confusing, I initially also thought that they mention re-shuffles, but I was corrected by guildmate.

19 Likes

Was hoping this would indeed be just another case of ambiguous wording:

i.e.
If there are no available moves on the board, the board will be reshuffled as usual. If no valid reshuffling is possible, then the new mechanic kicks in.
:sweat_smile: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

(as per Neritar’s faster typing reply above :stuck_out_tongue:)

11 Likes

Ah, thanks! :+1:

Haunted Guardian not fixed.

1 Like

please fix the skull bug, i cant fight PF like this…

2 Likes

There is still plenty of time before the faction event. The devs are aware of the problem, and now that the initial pants-sh****ng is over they’ll be working feverishly tomorrow and Friday to push a fix before the weekend.

1 Like

@Saltypatra I’m 90% sure this happened to me in the Arena yesterday as well after the update. I’m on Android.