5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

This bug happens in PvP on Android as well. The enemy team did double skull damage against me.

5.6 from the patch notes looks awesome. And I know this isn’t Salty’s fault and she is just getting info for the team, but the lack of proper testing… Yikes. To be honest, we the community shouldn’t be reporting this. We are not paid QA. We are finding these issues quickly with normal gameplay. I was debating not responding that this also happens in PvP because someone else gets paid to do this.

I don’t know why this (community reporting easily discoverable bugs) keeps happening. Maybe the process needs to change, better QA hired, I dont know.

Another update, another round of keeping my wallet away. Improve the testing, and I’ll pay again.

20 Likes

by the way, Thursday is the 15th…

4 Likes

A +1 to seeing it in delves; just played my dailies on Android and got hit by it in all 3.

In my collection it only shows 5 Banners now (only warbands?)
grafik

2 Likes

We do testing of the core gameplay for each update to ensure something like this doesn’t happen. We also opened the beta earlier than usual and asked the beta testers to pay particular attention to the core gameplay on the gemboard, no one picked it up either from external, internal QA or the beta test.

We do our best prior to releasing updates but having an update live with a large number of active players does tend to make issues more noticable just due to the number of users.

1 Like

This has been reported :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, your process sucks. Every single update in recent memory has had major game-breaking bugs on multiple platforms. Skull damage, lycanthropy crashes, broken weapons, broken images, broken faction maps… there is literally no amount of testing on display. I’ve been waiting and hoping for a sign that the game is going to be fun again, and this was not it. I think I’m done waiting.

1 Like

It’s not a bug, they specifically designed it to make you suffer.

Also, by saying ‘better QA hired’, you’re implying that they hire any QA at all, which is very unlikely. More likely they just don’t test anything at all and then lie about doing tests, like they lie about literally everything.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I am thinking out loud, but don’t know the internal workings of IP2.

Curious now that the bug is known, if it is reproducible in beta or internal testing servers. If not, could be the current build wasn’t tested, but an older one was. (Been there done that, definitely an OHNO cringe moment when it happened.) This could be a symptom of not having long enough regression testing phase.

This issue happened earlier this year with the EoE bug. It was reported as fixed in a patch except it wasn’t, so lycan had to be removed again. But, the testing server supposedly had it working.

Could be something is out of sync?

I’m concerned about the board reset with mana reset…

i dont know what kind of heroic gem you guys will introduce but you guys should also increase the board size if you’re introducing new gem type

I’m so glad you finally fixed the incorrect banner and pet counter. :thinking:

3 Likes

They do have QA. I think their parent company handles it.

I doubt they intentionally lie, but something is not working right.

1 Like

We upload every change to our test servers for testing before making changes live. Every version is also uploaded to the community beta along with patch notes.

We have reproduced the issue in house, the whole team is working on this right now so we can get it fixed as soon as possible.

Prior to today this wasn’t an issue anyone was aware of, or we would have delayed the update/ensured it was fixed prior to releasing the update live due to it being an issue with core gameplay.

8 Likes

They intentionally lied about lycanthropy gems working like doomskulls and lycanthropy working like transform…either that, or literally no one working on the game ever plays it, and maybe it’s kinder to accuse them of lying than to accuse them of being the laziest and most incompetent people in the world.

I think they’re perfectly capable of effing stuff up without the ‘help’ of a parent company.

This is how I imagine the office right now:

Good luck!

This suggests not enough testing was done. I am not critiquing you btw Kafka, as no one dev is responsible for the entire release process. Actually, a big thank you for responding on the forums to our comments!

12 Likes

About to test Arena on x4 on PlayStation just to see how bad the bug is.

Also it seems I made Honorable Rank. Yay

Yep, it’s in Arena too. Someone intentionally screwed up the damage calculation between game speeds.

EDIT: It did, in fact, cost me a win.

How did you get that footage from our office?! :scream:

No problem, I was hoping to provide a little information on things as I get how frustrating it is looking from the outside in and honestly, we’re all kicking ourselves too, we always do when stuff slips through the net. We thought we made a really nice update for you all and we hope you all enjopy it as much as we do once this issue is fixed.

15 Likes

I also have to say “Thank you!” Over all the update is something we weren’t expecting, but can turn out to be fun. An issue here and there isn’t worth the negativity I read in some of the reply-posts.

4 Likes

It sure went from positive to negative in here really fast. My opinion is they are doing the best they can and folks need to yes report issues but relax. They are working on it.

7 Likes

I play on iOS. I have had three instances of a single skull hit killing two troops. All were in the arena.