5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

2 Likes

As you can see the skull hit should only hit for 15 but it kills the full health (20 total) Peasant outright.

Iā€™m on IOS but Steam players are reporting it too

1 Like

Android/PC/iOS , @Saltypatra

Game works fine in 2x, sometimes in 3x never in 4x.

In 4x speed, all skull hits are amplified. In Arena, apparently, the skull damage to the first troop is bleeding over to the second troop too. Like it carries over.

1 Like

Thank you so much for you help, itā€™s greatly aprpeciated. Our team is seeing what they can do as we speak.

4 Likes

If you take a careful look at the hit animation it appears to hit for the ā€œnormalā€ 15 dmg first then immediately hits again for 5 killing the Peasant

1 Like

Another one. 16 health troop dies to a single skull hit from an 8 attack troop.

3 Likes

@Saltypatra What is the drop rate for these gnomes? They are epic rarity so I imagine harder to find than common gnomes?

2 Likes

@Saltypatra If it helpsā€¦

And hereā€™s an example of skull dmg ā€œtramplingā€ on to the next troop

5 Likes

Hmm, I donā€™t see anything wrong with skull damage on either PC (Steam) or Android.
Playing at 4x in Arena and PvP.

EDIT.
After some more tinkering - I found the bug as well.
Player matching skulls against AI is fine.
AI matching skulls against player gives double damage.

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing the double skull damage on PC/Steam at 4x speed: a Volcanic Golem in L12 Broken Spire explore ripping through my entire team with skull hits that should not have one-shotted them but did.

(Also saw it do the double-kill a couple of times.)

There was another issue reported recently that was specific to 4x speed I think?

Could I please get information on which game modes are experiencing this skull damage bug in?

Is definitely happening in Explore on PlayStation too.

1 Like

I donā€™t see it mentioned in the notes but Lycanthropy gems are now being converted when purple gems are converted. This is a good thing.

9 Likes

Could we please get information about which game modes the changes were tested in?

How could the ā€œfixā€ for banner count possibly get screwed up so bad?

How was the new skull damage calculation verified and validated?

Was feedback from the beta testers included in the decision to introduce the mana-drain mechanic on board reset?

9 Likes

I reproduced this in delves and E1 so far with a variety of teams. It seems that itā€™s not just double skull damage. Any match the AI makes while on game speed x2-x4 is doubled. Game speed x1-x1.5 are not affected. I believe the AI receives double mana, does double skull damage, and does single skull damage through barrier. The animation still shows the single skull damage amount while doing double damage, which would also imply itā€™s triggering twice.

6 Likes

Thank you for this additional information @Skszp.

Another quick question, is this troop specific or all troops on the AIā€™s side? I just want to confirm itā€™s every troop for the devs.

While testing, I reproduced it repeatedly through a couple complete delve runs before switching to E1 to continue. I saw double skull damage triggered by probably at least a dozen different troops.

2 Likes

Also happening in the world event battles, on PC/Steam.

edit: Only the AI, by the way. My skull damage is not doubled, with hero or regular troop in 1st slot.

2 Likes

Thanks for the continued updates.

So this is affecting all AI troops on 2x-4x speed.

What game modes are you encountering it in? Earlier it looked to just be explore, but now there are reports in Delves and world event battles. Are there any game modes this is not currently affecting?

1 Like