5.6.1 Hot-Fix Released

The team slots count also doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

Can confirm the double skull damage is not happening in Arena on PS4. I can grind trophies in peace.

…okay, that’s a new issue. One of my Arena wins didn’t count so I had to do all 6. And I have VIP 4 on PS so I should only need 5. I know not a lot of people even play Arena, but can someone who’s at least VIP4 check this?

But guyyyys, you forgot the traditional 50 gems of compensation

Good job getting the fix out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am VIP 10 and just tried an arena run. I only needed to do five fights like usual. Are you sure you didnt get a free fight?

3 Likes

@Saltypatra @Jeto @OminousGMan

Asking again, perhaps my question missed…

Please clarify the definition of “older device” to play this game.

Serious question. I am looking to upgrade and I don’t want to experience this issue again.

1 Like

Would be interessing yes - i would say they meant all devices released before 2022.

Saying that because my PS4 and PS5 were affected :wink:

7 Likes

Maybe they are still waiting to see if the bug(s) got corrected or not. The fix is still in testing phase. :wink:

1 Like

My computer is about 5 years old & still running windows 7 & no issues so far…

Oh that is not true. My new iPad air crashes more than my old iPhone 7 plus.

Exactly, @Live.

It would be beneficial for everyone to have the question answered.
The community can then confirm or disprove the “older device” theory.

I find it difficult to believe EVERY Beta tester has, by what we can deduce of the games definition, a newer device.

If everything was perfect during testing, something was changed before the release and not tested. Considering not one person responsible for the release bothered to check the banners, literally 2 clicks, I believe my skepticism is justified.

I would appreciate an explanation of how the game speed could have caused 2x skull damage only in the favor AI after an update that was fully tested and only on “older devices.” I don’t have knowledge in this and find it bizarre that the x2 skull damage was 1 sided.

I’m willing to accept if my device is on its GOW deathbed, however, I will not accept my device being used as a scapegoat.

8 Likes

If your device is not supported then you can’t even download the app. It is just buggy for all devices.

When I got my last win it said Battle 6. I’m V IP 4 and it did start me off with the free win. Sure, the extra battle had a Pet Gnome in it so I’ll take that, but I shouldn’t have had to fight that extra battle.

That’s normal. The first battle you do will say “Battle 2” because Battle 1 was automatically done for you :slight_smile: So even with the free win and no loses, your last battle will say “Battle 6”

3 Likes

People were having the issue regardless what device they were using.

Someone mentioned the Samsung S21 and iphone 12, those are 2 of the newest phones you can get and they had the issue.

We are their QA. Many of you still pay them for that amazing opportunity. :rofl:

3 Likes

Realistically, given that there have been issues involving actual mildly older (yet still supported) devices in the past, it would make sense to me – for a company that has said it’s working to improve its processes to ensure things like this happen less often – not to only test on the newest and shiniest or most powerful devices anyway.

2 Likes

You are right. I just got the sudden crash after the update. So this is not fixed unfortunately. @Saltypatra

I just would like to know when “…once it passes submission” might show up for switch players.
2 weeks having this bug now is kinda exhausting…

Did we get any kind of compensation for this? I had to avoid playing Level 12 explores and I lost Arena and Event matches because of the bug.

2 Likes

Likely “Community Week” was the compensation.

Which, if so, I’m fine with.

But I’d also be totes open to having a “Community Week” every update as a pre-emptive “sorry for the new bugs — we’ll sort them out soon!”

11 Likes