5.3 Update

Then:
ArborealCrystal

Now:

Only noticed this after update (and the corresponding redownload of all assets).
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Shrines are the next incarnation of FOMO. Thank your local battlepa$$ buyers for this. Additionally, this sounds on the surface like it’s uncapped…meaning you can fill the Shrine, buy it out, and repeat ad nauseum.

Add the fact that you can get Power Orbs now from Greater Chaos Orbs, and Greater Chaos Orbs come with every Shrine purchase (currently).

I believe this is the first incarnation of truly uncapped Orb purchases? You guys are really hunting those whales, aren’t you?

To constantly remind you that there’s something available for purchase. Like the stupid little floaty Gem that appears over the Shop button during Gem bonus buy events (no, they’re not sales).

The game is progressively nagging players more and more to spend money. That’s not going to change. We are no longer the target market. They’re actively fishing for the impulse purchase generation, or something.

21 Likes

So they are charging £8.99 for 75 War Coins, where did they come up with that price lol. You can buy an Indy game for that.

5 Likes

Okay this green ! on the shrine thing can go die in a fire. Why doesn’t it go away? Why won’t it go away!!!

16 Likes

Also another update that didn’t fix medals to not suck.

Every update that doesn’t fix medals is awful. That interface needs to die in a fire so a functional one can be implemented. Forget “fixing it”, it needs to be redone. It angers me on a regular basis. Especially right now.

9 Likes

I would like to know if we will have enough time to earn enough “free” warcoins to buy all the available warbands before they refresh them? If not then I guess we are at that stage of the games’ life where you MUST open your wallet to maintain complete collection. :-1:

2 Likes

Yeah still doing it to me on mobile too. Had to shut the game down twice now because of it!!! :rage:

Seeing as balance changes are possible once again, could you take a look at the issues with doomed blade and doomed club please? These were first raised over 2 years ago

9 Likes

I’m sure it will go away if you do what they want! :blush:

And once he finds the right studio to make his photographic essay, remember to not post the photos directly here, the forums are still PG-13.

Banners behind cash spend is ridiculous. Also, what synergy? The teams are not good at all.

4 Likes

@Devs
I know nothing about coding.
So for $10 a month.
I’m gonna offer you all coding classes.
:slightly_smiling_face:
(That’s basically what you’re trying to offer with your “Warband teams”. Sorry to be the one to tell you this. But it’s not easy making great teams in Gems of War. And you certainly can’t do it without spending a good amount of time playing Gems of War.)

4 Likes

Newbie traps, honestly.

15 Likes

Banners behind a cash spend is a bad move. This needs to be reconsidered or make them available via gems - especially for those who aren’t “new” and don’t get some sort of free supply of them (?)

I know tokens will be available in AB - an I look forward to gathering 50 in the next 5 years. Cuz you know they’ll be doled out like 1 2 and 3 - or they take a cash hit.

Game is simply expecting too much spend these days. I understand WHY, I just don’t understand HOW you expect people to buy in.

Protip - “new” players will hate Fizzbang. Cuz most of the time, it’s not readily apparent (to a new player) exactly what she’s done, if she’s not exploding the board.

“entangle to render them harmless” - unless they cast spells, are immune to entangle, or clean themselves. This is exploitation of people who don’t know better.

12 Likes

Paywalling banners is a bad idea.

Paywalling banners mid way through a guild war week is an exceedingly bad idea.

24 Likes

I’m not going add to the complaints about this update.

But I will say that the current state of the game is rapidly losing my interest.

15 Likes

Hello everybody !

My 2 cents about Shrines as a Beginner in GoW:

At 0.99$ it would has been impossible not to purchase it !
At 1.99$ it would has been tempting to purchase it !
At 9.99$… I’m not a cow to milk is my only thought !

Don’t even feel the need to say anything more.

11 Likes

This is why, in my opinion, the devs are completely out of touch with their game. It appears they consider banners to be trivial and only important for new players.

I understand what they are trying to do, which is save new players time from having to grind kingdoms to unlock banners with monetization. However, they fail to realize banners are important to EVERY PLAYER new or old. I could even argue more so are banners important for end gamers because min/max at that stage is so small.

Said another way, a new banner could lead to potentially new or stronger team builds. That doesn’t seem like something only a new player would care about to me.

I hope everyone has an equal opportunity to unlock warbands or at least the banners sooner than later.

3 Likes

I got a daily offer for 30 War coins, but it requires VIP 6. “100 gems value at 25% discount”, whatever that comes out to. (Good at bashing with the Warhammers, bad at the maths.)

I tried to upload a screenshot, but my Xbox is being stupid. x10 it says upload complete, but when I try to put on activity feed “You must first upload it”. I’m stubborn and obstinate, but after x10, I gotta find Elvses to bash.

Edit: Elevensies is the charm. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What makes me really sad is that the vast majority of forum users (and most people I interact with outside of the forums) feel this way, but the devs are more concerned about profits, and will thus “keep working in this capacity moving forward”.

There will be no communication about this between the devs and the players. It is clear to me that Salty’s job is mostly bug tracking and social media. While she may make mention of non-bugs presented by players from time to time, it’s blindingly obvious that’s not a high priority.

They’ll chase the whales. If we convince whales to stop spending in an effort to force the devs’ hand, this game will shut down.

It’s just a business, after all. And that makes me very sad.

14 Likes