5.3 Update

Hero scrolls are making the game crash. Annoying.

The green ! next to Shrines is infernal. It doesn’t go away and unless I’m willing to cough up $10, it holds no value anyways. Not sure why this ‘feature’ even exists.

5 Likes

Actually, I used my first Heroism Scroll today and the game crashed right after I used it. No error message. Game just went to the Xbox Dashboard

1 Like

These are actually still pretty useless, or at the very least, as “useless” as they used to be, because as @Jonathan pointed out their conversion is “not worth it” to the players who can afford it, and unaffordable (obviously) to those who can’t yet think it would have been “worth it” to accelerate hoard progressions (a mistake, ultimately, as investing in troops with souls is a better idea in the long run thanks to kingdom power requirements and rewards being far more valuable as investments).

4 Likes

There is absolutely no reason we should be playing TOD with the old issue that was fixed before. Not sure who the heck fixed it last time but I would give him a call and if he no longer works there I would hire him back. This crap is stupid. Use a dang scroll re-start game!!! Over and over. But there is stuff for sale, you want that. Christmas music? Nope. Most folks would pay you $10 just to fix explore freeze issue and now the return of TOD issue. I cant be bothered by a little bit of gold and a gamble on an Orb or 2 that most likely won’t be the one I need anyway.

3 Likes

Do you at least get the benefit from the scroll when the game restarts? Or does the game eat your scroll when it hangs/crashes?

The scroll clears the room, it just kicks out of game.

More time reloading game = less time gold farming. “Working as intended”

Mmm, Salty.

For me at least, it’s because the past 7 updates have been like this or worse

2 Likes

so, is this working as intended, or is it a bug? And we’ll get screwed later on?

(these are my rewards from the Tower of Doom - the Major Chaos Orb popped into an Orb of Power)

17 Likes

For me, I’ve already levelled all my troops and gave dawn and duskbringer, so growth orbs were zero value. I’m always short on treasures as I’m doing factions the slow way by levelling hoards (no time for one day events). So growth orbs for me have moved from zero value to a small value. That’s a gain, albeit a small one. I’m sure the change is useless to some people, for example if already done all factions.

1 Like

Its intended now, probably so they can sell their shrines for $9.99.

5 Likes

Yeah I think some of the people saying this change is totally worthless are the ones who have the time/energy to max Factions on events. Having never completed a Faction via event, I’d definitely like to use some of my useless green orbs into treasure!

Yeah, I’ve already converted a bunch. Not a huge value, and few changes benefit everyone, but I welcome even small steps forward

1 Like

@Saltypatra
I guess shame on the guilds that closed all the Tower Doom portals early before your mid week patch. It’s always good that your most active guilds/players get screwed over because y’all can’t simply say “hey we’re gonna make a change to chaos orbs so don’t claim them until after the patch is released this week!” A few days before the patch comes out.

17 Likes

You’ve already levelled all 912 troops to gold elite?

Unless you have, the value of green orbs is saving on 54,720,000 souls…

Far far harder to acquire than epic treasures ( I did them all the hard way). Of course there is all the medals as well… :joy:

Green orbs are ten a penny. I upgrade weekly glory troop and all other new troops using green orbs and have done for the past 4 months and still have a net gain of them.

I suppose it’s a way of using the orbs so it’s possibly a net neutral addition. In fact it’s a surprising addition, so it’s good I guess :grinning:

It could lead to wisdom orbs being converted to doom forge scrolls in the next patch…

4 Likes

Well personally I earn souls much faster than medals so growth orbs don’t help with medalling

Wisdom to doom scrolls (or deed books) would be awesome but we can only dream on those :grin:

I’m in the same boat but — again — when I say I’m “short on treasures” I basically mean I don’t have Genie’s Lamps and Sacred Treasures. The three treasures at the lowest rarities don’t factor into my inventory because they’re never worth the gold expense.

Frankly, Crowns hardly are, too.

So that’s my problem.

If I could convert the same growth orbs, or even Wisdom orbs, into the treasures I actually want, then I’d completely agree that this would be a positive thing to add to the game.

But because I can’t make the treasures I want, there effectively hasn’t yet been, in my mind, “a recipe for treasures” as has been requested.

The request has yet to be fulfilled because I requested a car and got handed an engineless go-kart :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Nobody should be using gold rings. King’s crowns on the other hand are useful.

2 Likes

5.40 preview!!

31 Likes

So it’s actually possible to quote an image. The hilarious, recent and well-liked original (I think) is here:

9 Likes

… I was getting ready to complain about my poor eyes after the first iteration of that image and then you did it again!