5.3 Update

Game seems inclined to crash on Android, particularly during start-up and asset download.

Incidentally, why does the Arena Event still not have its own GUI?

Or the Vault Event, for that matter?

2 Likes

You did it again.

New patch out, and the Android client lost all additional assets.

Iā€™m seriously considering whether I should bother.

3 Likes
  • Warbands.
    Seems like too little and too late to really affect new players. They are better served joining semi-casual guilds that will complete all basic tasks and not demand much from their member until they reach a certain position of power (with their own upgrades/tributes). This is historically the best experience new players can have. And I guess is something becoming rarer nowadays since the current path of monetization with zero content on updates have been driving away veterans and weakening all guilds in overall.

• Shrines
    Nothing of value was added. We have a chance a unlock an one time (real money) deal. Might as well put three offers at the same time to try and see if someone is foolishā€¦ I meanā€¦ interestedā€¦ into at least one of them.

• Vip Chests Changes and Arena Improvements.
    At least something positive.

• Balance Changes.
    Nothing much done, these troops have a very little use even for new players.

• Achievements.
    Irrelevant.

• General.
    Mostly irrelevant too.
    But I do have to applaud their dedication on allowing us to turn useless things into even more useless things by converting Orbs of Growth into Treasure Cardsā€¦
    If we could convert into Chaos Shards some people would say itā€™s also useless, but even them could agree that for newer players it would give them a chance to maybe acquire a FEW good troops from factions AND also treasure troops.

2/10.
Canā€™t wait for 5.4 to see more attempts at ā€œmilkingā€ money out of players with little to no effort put into the game.

24 Likes

ā€¦ which is why they are aiming these ā€œupdatesā€ to the new players who do not know yet how spoiled the game developers are =)

Then you spent an awfully lot. I remember you had 500 vault keys after the first few Gnome event weeks. You sure have your style of play.

Blue screen on Ps4 after using Heroism scroll.

Today I completed my Adventure Board kill 100 troops task by playing practice battles against my own pvp defense.

Very nice and beginner friendly ā€œnew featureā€ :wink:

Can someone clarify shrine achievement. Is it just filling up your shrine or you have to buy the offer? The reason I ask I bought the offer when shrine was full and no achievement.

You only need to fill it up to get achievement.

I edited my postā€¦shrine was full and I purchased it and got no achievement.

Ad rewards and major orb got ninja buffs, I love it lol. I just came in to say that both of these things are awesome changes.

Between everyoneā€™s crash complaints and 5.3 complaints im also here to give @Saltypatra some coffee. Share that with the dev team, im sure they will need it today!

4 Likes

If you donā€™t, itā€™ll just download before matches. So eventually itā€™ll download again anyway.

Itā€™ll happen every time they push out an update now. For whatever reason. They are basically making us uninstall and reinstall the game now to keep the game file misleadingly small in the app store.

3 Likes

Itā€™s Wednesday and Iā€™m not seeing the login splash screen about the pet event anymore. For ages I used to get this until I completed the event. I donā€™t see anything in the patch notes saying this has changed. And since my browser alerts have been broken on the Steam client since 5.0, I have no way to see when anyone else in my guild might have triggered an extra pet rescue.

I only had to download aboutā€¦ uhh 26 megs of extra assets on my tablet, if my memory serves me correctly.
/shrug

Your tinfoil hat seems to be a bit too tight.

1 Like

Well the download size is going to be specific to the device. But I know for a fact from actually talking to Kafka for mobile players. They keep the file size small in the app store. And then the assets are where the majority of the download is.
It can either be done in bulk like the comment I replied to was saying.

Or it can be done ā€œlike your memory servesā€ in small pieces that will eventually add up to Beefy chunk.

Iā€™m afraid my head is too full of actual knowledge for tin foil sized hats to fit it. :person_shrugging:

Full post was great. Summed up nicely so I didnā€™t have to!

6 Likes

So the only bug fix in this update didnā€™t work, eh?

2 Likes

If anything, the ā€œFixā€ made it worse. Iā€™ve used many Hero and Fireball scrolls in the past and never had them fail. Now on Xbox, they are 100% guaranteed* to fail. Epic Fail is Epic.

*Still glitched as of 16 Dec 2020 17:47 EDT. Fireball scrolls can be used on rooms without Unlock Scrolls, but if one is present, have fun reconnecting to game.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised to see so many complaints about this update. It has some new p2w features that you can ignore if you want. And more than the normal number of QoL improvements - green orbs no longer totally useless, arena change, chance for orbs of power, vip key change, the chance for more team slots and banners, etc. The game is pretty impenetrable for newbies and warbands could help.

Not earth shattering but gets a thumbs up from me

2 Likes