5.3 Update

What platform are you playing on @fleg?

Xbox One X

All 3 times was when I know the orange room had the unlock scroll (due to guildmates scouting) so I use heroism scroll on boss room without doing the orange room at all.

Just crashed again this time using fireball on orange room. (containing unlock scroll)

1 Like

A small chance of power orb sounds like great news, unless of course they plan to release more than 1 boss troop per year in which case this buff to chaos orbs immediately cancels itself out and then some.

5 Likes

Did the Extra Turn use to hang around like this in Treasure Hunt before 5.3? Its making hard to see the moves. Playing the x4 speed, ofc.

2 Likes

Used Heroism on boss room without touching other rooms.

Platform: Steam

Been doing this for a few min so far. EDIT: Going on 10 min now with no change. Need to force close the game now.

EDIT AGAIN: I used a Fireball scroll to get unlock, and it crashed again.

Not fixed, extra broken.

9 Likes

I wonder if Chaos Orbs from non-shrine sources can do that … this is my dubious face.

3 Likes

The image above by @rojo is from ToD

1 Like

Major Orb of Chaos. Not just any orb.

This certainly makes leaderboards a wee bit more interesting, otherwise I’ll take the 1.5 Orbs of Power per year as an early Christmas present. :drooling_face:

Weekly: World events 2 vs Tower of Doom 1
Weekend: Raid, Invasion, Bounty 2 vs Arena, Vault, New Faction 0
Let’s just say 3 rolls per week.

The screenshot above shows one normal orb and one major orb → chaos. So it must have been outside of shrines. And I doubt anyone would have filled a shrink that quickly, and paid the $ and received the 2 Major Orbs in the time since the update…

Let’s assume the 1% change for Orb of Power is taken from Orb of Growth, and nothing else in the chance table has been changed.

To put this into perspective, we can ignore the first 2 orbs.
Based on the assumption, Orb of Clans => Mythic chance hasn’t changed.

If we look at Orb of Power as essentially equal to 3 Orbs of Ascension (for future Soulforge purposes), then this is effectively a 20% buff to Major Orbs of Chaos, i.e. every Major Orb roll is now worth a statistical average of 0.18x Orb of Ascention instead of 0.15x.

Not counting smaller orbs of chaos, according to current schedule, weekly/weekend events** give about 150 Major Orbs of Chaos a year ~ 9 Orbs of Power, which would have been 7.5 before the 1% chance.

** Not counting Vault events that give a chance at Major Orbs from Vault Keys.

3 Likes

Same issue for me. Using Steam too. I lost to the boss so I decided to use the scroll. Been hanging at this screen since. About 7 minutes for me so far.

2 Likes

Woah, Orbs of Power from major chaos orbs!? @Saltypatra If that’s accurate, that would be some wonderful news to include in the patch notes and garner some good will from the community! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

The vault event on the Christmas weekend may get your wish granted. :moneybag:

Don’t get too excited for vks. The average # needed to pull a power orb would be in the many hundreds, maybe even thousands.

3 Likes

If anyone has a chance it must be you Fleg. How many vks have you stored right now? 2900?

1 Like

When developers start releasing updates instead of bugs?

2 Likes

IF the power orbs are for real I have very mixed feelings about it. It’s only a good thing if we get no more than one new troop requiring 8 power orbs a year. Let’s see…

4 Likes

I wish, only just reached 1000.

When will it be available?