5.3 Update

No, it’s another update with nothing on offer but more P2W. I don’t see how this update adds much of anything to GOW.

It looks like GOW development is dead and all DEVS will offer going forward is cash money cash grabs. It’s about time for all of us to abandon GOW and move on…sad but true.

6 Likes

Could have been done at 44,000 overall renown. That’s where the lone bonus magic stat unlocks.

Good update for the low level players. Hope they find it useful too.

1 Like

Seeing this on mobile

2 Likes

Real strange-looking mobile…

Is this accurate? From the shrine ? Link

I saw that earlier. I have yet to hear of anyone ever get an Orb of Power from a Major Orb of Chaos. You’d think at 1%, someone would have found one by now since its inception.

I’m sure there’s someone out there that’s going to be like: You dont have enough sample size!!!

12 Likes

I know a guy :joy:

ff10d18567f39b171db6406214f4fc15

I think it was just updated…
No way wisdom > growth in my experience, historically

5 Likes

19 Likes

Not mine. I’m not that lucky!!!

Weird that I still don’t have it 3 hours later. Was the roll out halted due to the crashes those who got it first were/are experiencing?

This has got to be new, or else it makes no sense.

And if it is new, WHY wasn’t this stated before when people were upset? Even at a really low percent chance this has got to be one of the most positive, player-favorable things the update brings :joy:

I mean, I know I at least feel a little less bad about it. Very, very slightly — but every bit helps!

18 Likes

Well, if its possible now, I have nothing negative to say.

5 Likes

Nobody on PC/mobile is reporting instability, right? It’s just consoles (and maybe not even all consoles)?

2 Likes

On PC, someone found a pet, and no notification popped up. And the shrine, after completing it, it has one of those green exclamation marks that never goes away.

2 Likes

I just want to thank you for the troop balance changes. Even if I am not planning to use these troops, they are better for newer players starting out than they were.

I hope that this is a start and that we will see some more balance changes in future updates.

8 Likes

We don’t normally like to do balance changes with updates, but I know we haven’t done a bigger sweep in a while. I’ve been speaking to the devs about this and they are looking into finding the time to do some more widespread balance changes when they can. (I want to add that this likely won’t be Hero classes due to them being more difficult to balance (or offer refunds for) and having lots of moving parts, but there are some troops they have been eyeing off for a while. When we make these balance changes they will primarily be buffs.

18 Likes

Thank you! Balance changes in form of buffs is so greatly welcome!

3 Likes

I’m actually kind of okay with the update. I even “liked” the main post (I haven’t done that in a while) :joy:.

• The link between Warbands and Starter Packs is kind of nostalgic for me, and it’s a nice, little thing new players can get from doing quests, etc.

• Orb of Power from Chaos Orbs? Holy s***!!!

• New banners is nice, although I’m apprehensive they’ll be stuck to that particular Team Slot, and so a little unwieldy to use

• Two, small balance changes is more than I was expecting, so yay, and they seem fair

• Removing Traitstones as the potential main drop of VIP keys is nice, since that’s always a kick in the guts/shins if you use them. A little push in the paid advantage direction, but VIP has needed some better bonuses for a while, so you do you.

• The improved as rewards is a good thing, imo – finally, after oodles of well-reasoned points from @Mithran ages ago

• The persistent exclamation mark (!) on the shrines will hopefully have more people complaining about the one on the rewarded ads, so maybe they can both get removed together :joy: and if not, then it’s not really a change from the status quo

• Minor Arena adjustment – I will probably feel less begrudging when I play one round during an Arena of Valor event! Change the base Trophy rewards to something more useful, and I’d maybe even be tempted to play it of my own volition :scream::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• The Orbs of Growth → Treasures is ‘eh’, but whatever, as long as it didn’t take too long to develop that, I’m not too fussed

• Better tutorials/opportunity to streamline it if you want is yay, as aspects of it have typically been a bit forceful

Not even mad :confused: weird :stuck_out_tongue:. I mean, yeah, not amazing or anything, but… I guess I’m hopeful more troops will get rebalanced, and there’s nothing that really makes me feel like the game’s taken any further worrying steps (kind of much of the same, in a particularly exacerbating way, I don’t think). I guess I hope it helps the game stay stable enough to make balance and QoL improvements? I guess that’s up to them, though, and the hook to keep us around.

Obviously I feel bad for the console players who are experiencing trouble accessing the game atm.

6 Likes

FAKE NEWS!!! 2 times in a row now when using heroism my game has crashed.

Edit: Make that 3 times in a row. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes