5.1 Update

I stand corrected. I had misinterpreted it. I thought the counter system was the only way to get vault keys now. I apologize for the misinterpretation and thank you for the clarification. I will blame the fact this is not my native language!!

6 Likes

So who’s idea was it to make a book 50 deeds? Before we include the extra souls and jewels, if we made every book of deed 50 deeds, the kingdom cost it would look completely ridiculous on the screen. Quite surprised no one on the development team bought this up to fix because it seems like an insult to the player base.

Pros of this update: Gnome Tracker to even out the RNG. No one dealing with farming for hours with no keys will be a big improvement and helps smooth out reward distribution between those with lots of free time and those with real life limits.

Epic vault keys I put in neutral zone as they don’t do anything to better gameplay.

3 Likes

If there’s one thing the game needs it’s more different ingame currencies.
My gosh! Devs really have no ideas anymore.

2 Likes

Jesus christ the amount of whining in this thread is atrocious. I read through all the patch notes and thought “nice!” the whole way through. Yeah it costs a lot of deeds to make a Book, but before this patch, you couldn’t level up past 15 anyway so what’s your complaint?!

Everything in this patch was fantastic. Awesome work devs!

Btw, chances of getting a vault key from a vault run is incredibly low. I’ve tracked 310 of my vault runs, and only 1.61% of them dropped a vault key. That’s 930 individual gnomes, with only 5 vault keys ever dropping.

15 Likes

One other thing that feels like a very poor design decision:

Apparently the Epic Vault only increases the “basic loot”, when dropped by Sparklesack, nothing else. Meaning that if you use an Epic Vault Key and Sparklesack drops an orb or troop you get the very same as with a standard Vault Key. That’s pretty disappointing for something so rare, I’d really expect to always get something extra out of it, not just a chance for bonus loot. One way to improve this would be to make him roll up to four times on his loot table, with at most one roll allowed to hit troops/orbs.

9 Likes

72 vault keys used.
0 Vault keys gained.
The drop rates for troops are highly suspect.
Its not just the negative aspect that makes me think the system is broken.
But half my Major Orbs and Minor orbs were Ascension based.
Do with that info what you will.

They’re all that way. Calm down.

I have no concern with the update because I expected it, with Zaejin being capable of Power Level 20 soon. They have to move that end game target somehow. I am concerned that the new target will now require 4 max pets, but there is some time for the devs to make the changes necessary to obtain that. Keep in mind the other requirements include # of troops… some kingdoms are still a bit short in that department.

The whole “Book of Deeds” thing sounds like a nuisance right now but this is just the introduction. We don’t know how Campaign rewards will change to include them, and how other parts of the game may change to support the new resource. I reserve judgement.

The last comment I will make is about a bug fix that has been buried among the rest:

We have fixed the bug where Dead/Empty Guilds could be encountered in Guild Wars, where there are no members in the guild to fight against.

I thought that wasn’t possible? How long have people been posting about this on these forums and how many times have we been told that it wasn’t possible - a Guild Master has to actively register the guild to be in the GW. Or is it being suggested that the Guild Master registers the guild and then leaves? I think GW needs a total overhaul at this point.

1 Like

The amount of “whining” I do there better be a monument in for it. :joy:

It’s really just a personalized description, it will show your name when you view it on your account.

6 Likes

Guild registers for GW. Then sometime between the registering and Guild wars starting. (Since there’s a 3 weeks lapse) The guild disbands. It sounds like disbanding a guild will now unregister it from GW.

2 Likes

Nothing like getting the new gnome on your first key :+1:

2 Likes

Feels like encountering an empty guild happened way more often than could be explained this way, most dead guilds probably don’t bother with disbanding. I seem to recall they switched to auto-registering all guilds for GW a long while back, my gut feeling says the fix is to now exclude empty guilds from that process. Anyway, if it keeps empty guilds from showing up it’s a good fix.

4 Likes

At the risk of this getting lost deep in the thread…

Having thought about things further, here’s my thoughts:

1. “Go to Campaign” and “Go to Adventure” should be buttons, not hyperlinks.

2. Boosting the Deed rate enough to make Books and enough Imperials is going to make it much too easy to get Kingdoms to level 15. That’s just bad design. The rates of these things really need to be more linear rather than exponential.

3. The 20% increase in Vault Keys without increasing Gnome or Orb rates is almost completely pointless. I really hope the Gnome and Orb rates get reworked. It’s only logical.

4. The rest of the patch is pretty good.

5. Increasing drop rates for Traitstones by kingdom level makes no sense: by the time you reach that level, you have no need for more Traitstones.

6. Much better would be to make Books of Deeds craftable from Traitstones. Then you could actually rebalance the Deed economy without making L15 too easy to reach.

7. All the pay-walling is dumb. Particularly because it accumulates over time.

#CraftDeedsFromTraitstones

7 Likes

So minor updates are not tagged as version X.Y.5 (like 5.0.5) anymore? :thinking:

1 Like

:laughing:

5.1 clearly includes all the stuff that was supposed to be in 5.0 but couldn’t possibly make the timeline that a bunch of bureaucrats refused to adjust.

6 Likes

Kingdom level 16 is mythstones, not traitstones. Mythstones are the temporary currency rewarded after mini-bosses from explore runs. Its a positive, though I wonder if it warps how people approach explore even more.

4 Likes

Gold, Souls, Gems, Diamonds, Gem Keys, and Event Keys are all the rewards that are now affected by the difficulty. I haven’t verified ALL of these, especially any of the “Challenging” ones, so I’m not 100% sure of the rounding, but I assume it rounds up for all of them. I know it rounds up for Event Keys, for instance. I received 4, when normally it would be 3, but I’m not sure if it does that for challenging (31.2 = 3.6, so it makes sense to round up to 4, but 31.1 = 3.3, so it might round down in game…)

Percent 100% 110% 120%
Gnomes Normal (20) Challenging (40) Hard (80)
Gold Tier 1 $2,500 $2,750 $3,000
Gold Tier 2 $4,000 $4,400 $4,800
Gold Tier 3 $6,000 $6,600 $7,200
Gold Tier 4 $10,000 $11,000 $12,000
Gold Tier 5 $20,000 $22,000 $24,000
Gold Tier 6 $30,000 $33,000 $36,000
Gold Tier 7 $50,000 $55,000 $60,000
Souls Tier 1 100 110 120
Souls Tier 2 500 550 600
Gems Tier 1 5 6 6
Gems Tier 2 20 22 24
Diamonds Tier 1 2 2 2
Diamonds Tier 2 5 6 6
Gem Keys Tier 1 1 1 1
Gem Keys Tier 2 4 4 5
Event Keys Tier 1 1 1 1
Event Keys Tier 2 3 3 4
Cedric Normal (20) Challenging (40) Hard (80)
Gold 60000 66000 72000
Souls 2500 2750 3000
Gems Tier 1 100 110 120
Gems Tier 2 250 275 300
Diamonds 50 55 60
Gem Keys 20 22 24
Event Keys 15 17 18
8 Likes

Did I misread it? Oops. :smile:

BTW: My online tables are now updated for 5.1

http://paulius.50webs.com/gow-tables.html

7 Likes