40,000 Trophies

That’s still playing 14 hours a day… 7 days a week. Ignoring the fact that trophy hunting is seriously misguided.

I’d wager you’re right. I’m pretty decent at playing the Arena quickly, and I didn’t make 400/hour during the last event.

Others might be faster than me, of course, but I did get like 2-3k trophies from it during the Valor weekend, so. I think that’s more runs than most completed.

Why is it misguided? Everyone has their own motivations. Some of these players are in a battle for number 1 of the global guild leaderboard. It’s a small segment of the game but I would argue so is hardcore GW. I think spending hours strategizing and getting stressed over GW is more frustrating than grinding like crazy. One is in your control, the other has some luck in involved. This game is full of personal achievements that are purely created by the player. Hell there is a whole discord(not sure how active it still is) that is devoted to speed running different modes.

My point is, just because it is not your cup of tea, doesn’t mean it’s misguided. They have their motivations and goals for doing what they are doing and if it doesn’t affect you in anyway, I fail to see why it’s an issue.

5 Likes

That’s largely due to drafts inevitably causing a variable amount of time, where as before, you could rely on a hero weapon to give you a basically consistent completion time

3 Likes

Dumb question, I’ve played the game over three years and am pretty sure I know the answer, but some threads like this cause me to wonder.

Trophies don’t have a use after the Guild hits the max bonus thing… right…? I know having lots of trophies gets you on the leaderboard, but even then, does it give you a weekly reward or something?

Not trying to discredit any accomplishments, just curious why I hear of end-gamers grinding out trophies so much when I was under the impression they are only useful early-game.

1 Like

Grats Frosty, happy to see someone else do this and not me. I’ll just accuse you of being a psycho bot in global chat, no need to do it here! :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

There is almost no real value to trophies. Many guilds do use them as a activity gauge(That’s how we use them in the network) but outside of that, there is no reason to grind them that hardcore. The ones that do are doing it for personal/world records, or to advance their guild on the global guild trophy leaderboard. Anon has been atop this forever, but that reign may be coming to end because of guilds like Sons that are purely trophy hunting guilds.

1 Like

Technically, there is something… Its super trivial, but you can change the background of your guild up to 8,000,000 trophies (at least on Xbox One). (there’s 2 more to the right of the 8M background, but it doesn’t have numbers listed).

I doubt anyone actually cares, but it exists.

2 Likes

When Anonymous took over the #1spot, they only had to top approximately 400k trophies. I know, I was there. Now, whoever catches them will have to have over 10 million. I don’t think anyone is going to take them down anytime soon.

Most likely it will happen this week.

Lol yeah you might want to double check the leaderboard. Sons and marshal are both closing in on 10 million.

1 Like

This is a $1000 minimum at minimum wage. What does 40k trophies get you?

2 Likes

I quite like this question in general cause there are so many PoVs.

My personal view below:
Trophies have no value in the game but they’re the only resource that are tracked and cannot be stored unlike gold. It’s impossible to figure out which guild is the most active (by rate of LTs) going forward because of the fact that gold can be saved up. You can either track a guild’s LTs long term and assume the production rate is similar now than during the period measured or use trophies and assume that they correlate with gold gained and donated.

Of course the classic, leaderboard chasing, recruitment, personal achievement benefits also often cited.
Possibly the fact that trophies aren’t boosted by in game purchases directly can be another source of motivation for some.

4 Likes

I stand corrected. I’ve been so used to disappointment for so long, I’ve come to think of it as a given. Thank you for the re-evaluation. :smile:

huh? what about you? what does playing game get you? how much time have you spent?

everyone has their own reason and resources…

stop asking derogatory questions like that.

Wow if you think that was deragatory Then you should probably not leave the comfort of your house.

yeah maybe it’s time i unfollow this thread, so many people jumping on players that reached high trophy counts here.

again, just as riversong said, just because you can’t do it, or don’t understand how it can be done, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. History is full of people who were the first to do what everybody said couldn’t be done.

1 Like

It can definitely be done. In about 100 hours spent in front of a TV in a week. Props

I’m asking again since it seems my question was missed (and I’ll keep it short this time):

What is the strategy used to farm 400+ trophies per hour?

2 Likes

Both Phoenicia and Arena can make 400+ trophies an hour but one requires a lot less concentration than the other. Arena also requires redrafting when your team is too slow.

1 Like