4 and 5 matches not giving an extra turn

Note: If you are absolutely uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template. Do not abuse this offer to message developers if you are otherwise comfortable posting your thread publicly. (Please remove this paragraph when submitting your report)

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system
Android, Samsung Galaxy S8, Nougat

Screenshot or image
If you are on a console simply take a photo using another device. A video is preferred. Try uploading to YouTube Privately.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
In glacial peaks i made 4 and 5 matches but the turn flipped to the opponent.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Happened in multiple matches. Just started late 5.20 or early 5.21

Steps to make it happen again
Do you know how to make this happen? Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

Just playing.

If this happened on the first turn of the match, this is a known bug and should be fixed in the upcoming patch. Right now, all first turns of a match that are a 4/5 gems do not trigger the extra turn (unfortunately), but as a said a fix is coming.

If it happened in the middle of the match, there is a high possibility you were frozen, which results in extra turns not being given. Glacial Peak has the most teams with this ability, so it is very possible this is what happened.

It has happen to me several time in the middle of the match regardless of being frozen unfortunately…

I still don’t get why it happens thought.

2 Likes

They’ve already acknowledged the bug and think if you wait a second or two before matches that you’ll not have the error. They are liars. It happens no matter what you do and is becoming more prevalent.

2 Likes

I saw something similar to this today with the new godkilller troop. He’s a goblin and gets an extra turn as part of his magic ability, but playing the raid boss today someone froze him and when I used his magic he DIDN’T get the extra turn. Frozen only affects 4/5 matches and not their normal ability as far as I know, so this shouldn’t have happened.

This does happen to me as well. I can’t figure out the alignment that is causing it since it’s so random.

No, it affects any Extra Turn that troop gains, ability or gem matches. It’s how some people deal with extra turn ability teams like the Goblins.

3 Likes

That’s incorrect. If a troop is frozen it will not get an extra turn from its spell. Hence why troops like Queen Mab are so effective against goblins. It works that way for every troop that gets an extra turn, Queen Titania, War, a stunned Mab, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks. It must have been the frozen status. I wasnt aware that made you unable to get 4 or 5 matches.

The development team has fixed the issue in 3.5 where 4/5 gem matches don’t give an extra turn at the start of a battle. 3.5 is the next update which should be releasing within the next few months (it could happen sooner but as usual I can’t provide a specific detail as to when :frowning: )

Some players have reported that the 4 or 5 gem match issue still occurs if you don’t wait but the exact details around this are unclear (e.g. still happens despite waiting with doomskulls but not normal gems, happens during a match as well as before etc)

2 Likes

Just faced it 30’ ago (again)
Proof: Gems of War - Extra turn glitch - YouTube

You need to wait until all the traits have finished activating on all enemy/ally team. You are making your move too quickly:

You match the 4 blue gems here before the enemy fire bombs have completed activating their Elemental Bond trait (yellow heart animation).

If that bug was only happening by doing that it would make sense, but that bug still happen to me numerous time per day, even if I am several turn past the beginning of the fight.

I make the 4-5 match

The AI takes a turn

The extra turn message appear

Then it is my turn again

Btw the AI didn’t have an extra turn, it is my extra turn that gets announce too late.

Lol

1 Like

Can you provide more specific details around this? e.g.

1. Does it happen at the start of a match or during a match
  2. What are you matching: gems , skulls, doomskulls?
  3. How soon after the “new turn” animation has played did the issue occur
  4. What traits do your team have, and what traits do the enemy team have
  5. Screnshots or even a video
  6. Did you wait at least 3 seconds until after the new turn began to make your match?

NB I note you did mention you are past the beginning of the fight but more clarity around exactly how often/how it occurs past the beginning is needed

The AI makes his move when I should be having my extra turn

And then after the AI has made a move, I get the extra turn message appearing on screen

And after the message disappear from my screen, it is now my turn again

I am sorry I can’t video on my phone.

I have no idea what team I had or anything.

I will check that more thoroughly tommorow

Okay. I think I found how to reproduce the bug @Cyrup

The problem occur when I make a 4 or 5 gems match and then a cascade happen and a 3 gem match is made due to the cascade.

If I take a 4-5 gem match and that it cascade and makes more than one 3 gem match, it is still my turn.

If I use a 3 gem match to drop for a 4 gems match and that 4 gems match cascade into a 3 gem match, it still count as an extra turn.

I make my moves really really fast so swiping speed is irrelevant. I deliberately swipe a 4-5 gem match at the start of the match even if trait haven’t completely finish triggering.

I play on 4x speed

The animations speed, that can be relevant, compare to the swiping speed.

No Doomskull were involved everytime it occured tonight, roughly 6 times while in explore.

1 Like

Encountered also that no extra turn was given, so far at least twice, reproducibly. The problem always comes when the same switch of gems combines 3 skulls and 4 gems and one of the skulls explodes. It seems that explosion is calculated first and then the 4 match is not made…
Assuming P is purple, R is red, X is something else, S is skull and D is Doomskull the pattern before the switch looked like:
PPDP
RSPS
which became by switching
PPPP
RSDS
and then the explosion
PXXX
RXXX
At least that is how I remember it.

1 Like

@Maxthor2789 @blablubbb Sorry, to be clear, is this happening at the start of the match or during a match, in the last few posts you are describing?

I have seen it happen well after the match has started.

And like I said, I purposely make 4-5 matches when the battle start, as soon as I see them, and I swipe really fast just to test my theory.

If my move is not followed by 1x 3 gems match from a cascade, I conserved my extra turn every single time. And that was the case for more than 10 occasion just this week-end.