4.8 Update (Patch Notes)

Just chiming in to say I’m also opposed to the change to Sunspear and the Medals’ artwork. I spent all month grinding Sunspear for the perma-firestorm to use in Guild Wars, and now I feel like a real chump.

And what can give firestorms every turn now? It’s a step backward for game balance, considering other gem colors do have perma-storm options :man_facepalming:

The new UI for medals is great, but the way they look compared to the old ones I think is pretty awful. I don’t understand why development time was spent altering something that wasn’t broken (and that people liked) to give something about which I have not seen a single person have anything nice to say :man_shrugging:

Why make all the old, established content different to match the new thing, rather than make the new thing fit in with existing artwork?

I know we can’t get them back, but I have to ask: Can we get them back, please? I miss my Nysha-skulls :sob:

I’m pretty indifferent to the tweaks to things I never use anyway (re: low-rarity weapons), and I’ll still hold out hope that I like the new events. But given the other tweaks, I’m no longer excited about the parts of the update that have already been rolled out, which makes me sad, and I’m worried I won’t like what’s to come, which makes me sadder because just a few hours ago I felt like I would

9 Likes

With the buffs to the weapons, I assume that means that over time, all weapons will be looked at. As such its going to get to the point, or already has not entire sure, where the paywall locked weapons will be buffed as well, which then makes things not as fair for those that are never able to get those weapons due to them being locked away because they were once sold for real money.

Personally, I am missing 3 weapons total in the game, I have the rest of those paywall locked weapons, and never purchased 1 with real money, Im just a dinosaur in the game and was playing when they were released for glory.

The argument that they wont be available in the future because people paid real money for them is flawed in the fact that I did not pay real money for them yet have them as well.

3 Likes

That Sunspear change is heartbreaking.

Interested to see how the new event system turns out though.

2 Likes

Y’all didn’t bother to change the in battle text that displays when a troop/hero is cleansed.
Still says “Medal of Cedric”. @Kafka

5 Likes

I agree. But I like the change in tokens from it. They are all different shapes now.

A+ to the patch notes, these feel a little more detailed and story-like than usual and I like the tone. I’m especially excited to hear new events have some kind of story or lore associated? I make fun of the little quest scenes, but cannot deny they’ve made me chuckle. Anyway, good work, @Saltypatra!

Events… well, I’m not excited but not dreading the new ones? It sounds like an interesting format. I want to play it before I decide what I think. It’s a shame that often the “meaty” update content can’t be touched until a week after release!

3 Likes

Storms at the start of the battle talents are garbage because the enemy team’s storm overwrites them immediately.

10 Likes

Also the complaints about the sunspear nerf being directly related to Phoenicia, I dont agree with 100%. Sure the constant red storm helps, but lets be real here, the troop can kill fast enough that you do not need the constant red storm. In fact I can kill faster with Hierophant due to the kingdom team buff to magic.

It appears, again IMO, that it was simply the wrong trait that was changed.

4 Likes

This should be a bug IMO. It drives me insane when it happens lol

No reason to nerf the AI anymore since it’s already so garbage

Sunspear :sob: :sob:
Now it’s just another one to the endless pile of classes I’ll hardly, if ever, use…

Just officially stating here that the wrong Trait wasn’t changed. The Trait and Talent clashed, the Trait was brought more in line with how the designers wanted things as per the Trait on the Corsair Class, killing 2 birds with one unpopular stone.

3 Likes

SO sunspear now has immunity to burning and Faerie fire as it’s second trait, AND as a level 20 trait option which is a DUPLICATE trait. I consider this a bug since your patch notes say it was supposed to eliminate the DUPLICATE traits. What i expect to see? Fireproof removed from the second trait and be replaced with the trait that starts a firestorm at the start of every turn.

If this was your intent then don’t treat the players like we are stupid and make comments saying you are replacing a duplicate trait which you obviously are not. How convenient you do this the week after Phoenicia was in the soul forge and had tons of players craft her (now a waste of diamonds). If you want to make nerfs on things you need to start releasing your patch notes in advance like almost every other game on the planet.

The fact that you hide stuff until it goes through even from the beta testers is absolutely ridiculous and just goes to show that you try to hide stuff and sneak things through. I’m guessing Salty won’t be streaming tomorrow because she won’t be feeling well (just like the last time something was pushed through that nobody in the community liked) That’s a great way to be a community manager by the way. “oh no the community is mad… I will go into hiding” which i guess is better then her other way to address it which is basically make snide remarks and say our opinions are meaningless.

Little note about a community manager job position… It is to relay news to the community and hear their issues and complaints and be somewhat sympathetic and understanding. It is NOT to make smart ass comments, write texts in the game dialogue to take shots at people complaining about delves, laugh on streams with other members of your team about the complaints and make the community members feel like their input is worthless.

19 Likes

And the 2nd trait that is identical, name and all, is going to be changed?? Or was that an intentional design choice too??

4 Likes

The changes to sunspear are stupid, point blank, period, Dumb AF… dont treat us as if we are idiots by trying to word it as if you fixed something… there are many other classes that desperately need changes made yet you ignore them… and why change the more useful trait vs changing the far less useful talent?? Note of the same tactics from you guys… so dissapointing really…

26 Likes

How do you explain the immunity to burning/faerie fire being the 2nd trait and also a talent then? Why mess up something that wasn’t the same and gloss over the one that is the same. Just trying to understand here.

8 Likes

Hey, try quitting the game from the PlayStation menu. We think an emoji went rogue and did this, we’ve tried everything we could on at least 3 different platforms and can’t reproduce this so we think it’s a very edge case glitch. I’d be surprised if you still get the issue after quitting and re-opening the game

That’s absolutely the best result with Suncrest.

5 Likes

We’re not insinuating you’re idiots, I’m very sorry it’s been taken that way, as I said the Designers wanted to bring this more in line with how the Corsair Trait works. The fact that this isn’t a popular decision isn’t a statement about your intelligence levels - the change just is what it is.

Regarding the Fireproof Trait, this might be reviewed at a later date but leaving the Trait on gives you the flexibility to choose the other 2 Talent options and doesn’t clash with the way the balancing works on the Class.

Inb4 “but that’s true of the old Legendary Trait too”: again this was changed to bring it in line with other Legendary Traits such as Corsair’s.

1 Like

The reason why the trait worked so well is because it cannot be overwritten (at least not long enough to work around it) or expire. I’ve tried many variations, especially for Phoenicia, moreso when that cat troop came out a couple of weeks ago that starts the battle with a firestorm, but it was near useless to only ‘start’ the battle with a storm. There are too many things that can overwrite the storm (including your own weapons), and then it’s forever lost.

And now Sunspear has become just another class I will hardly ever use, and we have far too many of those already :frowning: Additionally, Phoenicia now also has become a mythic I’ll never use. Of which we have far too many as well. I really hope this change will get reverted…

14 Likes