4.5 Update Patch Notes

So, as a veteran player, i can look forward to grind challenges, and grind yet another currency.

2 Likes

For the moment, at least, deeds are the least grindable currency in the game. You can only acquire them via the adventure board (at absolute most eleven battles—and far more likely zero, three or four—once per day), or from a flash offer (buy ’em or don’t, but no battles needed).

From what i understand, there will be some deeds from daily login too. Considering the mail bug yesterday because mail was trying to give us deads that were not in the game at the time.

I wonder what happens if Irongut has little enough life to get killed by reflect before devour kicks in. Or any other troop with a multi-effect spell that gets interrupted by death. Feels like a candidate for “my game just froze”.

Where can I get the deeds to level up for the kingdoms? If someone could tell me, I would be satisfied.

Reading about the 4.5 update patch notes should help you with that.

You buy them for cash or hope they show up as Adventure Board task.

Otherwise you get the nowhere in what offers you can buy because? And where do I find that I am this Adventure board

Sorry, I’ll need to sink more skill points into Obscure Languages before tackling this one.

Games → Adventure Board.

You can wait for the Adventure Board to offer you deeds. (It would’ve been smart to force one of those today, but these devs have never quite figured out giving people toys to play with on day 1 of an update is fun.)

You will also be offered deeds for money via flash offers. Flash offers are different for every player, so some people will get more offers than you (presumably the ones who spend more money.)

1 Like

It is smart that we don’t have one of these tasks today. Give Europeans a chance to wake up and update the GoW client on a phone.
Considering yesterday’s CLIFFY errors with deeds which were sent too early, I’m pretty sure that those who wouldn’t update GoW client on mobile won’t receive deed tasks from the server.

1 Like

Places deeds could have and should have been put in:

1. Treasure Map reward pool
  2. Soulforge
  3. Delve reward pool
  4. Any of the gem bundles we are encouraged to buy for weekly events
  5. Any of the (higher-end) reward tiers from weekly events
  6. Treasure Gnome reward pool
  7. Vault reward pool
  8. New challenge rewards (higher-end again)
  9. Login calendar rewards

Did I miss anything?! And those are just my serious suggestions. I’ve got at least that many not-serious suggestions, like just dropping 500 of each in the mail already (including the big ones).

And hey, that still leaves plenty of room for stupid RNG to hit us. Most of those were maybes, and even then we can have it be a random deed that might not be the one we want immediately…

12 Likes

Overall I’m not happy with the deed system as-is but I do want to note:

The devs probably have some target date in mind for when players “should” reach the maximum (with and without spending money) and what the system tells us is that date is “later” rather than “sooner”. If they distributed deeds in all of those places, two things would be true:

• It’d be sooner, rather than later
  • It’d be inaccessible to some players who can’t finish events
  • It’d be more accessible to players who spend money (you mentioned some bundles)

Only one of those three is not objectively bad!

The current system is slow, and if flash offers didn’t exist it moves at the same speed for everybody. The main reason I hate the flash offers is we have no way to prove those move at the same speed for everybody.

1 Like

Problem is that the target date is outside the prospective lifetime of the game at this point. Honestly. I’m not expecting anyone to jump on the entire list I just posted, but adventure board plus one or two or three would be dramatically better than just AB. I mean, they’re gonna be harder to get than non-green orbs for gods sake.

This part confuses me, but you are a beta tester so perhaps you’ve got more knowledge than I do. I know the math’s been done but my mind’s a little fuzzy. At the moment we have 0 instances of AB days with deeds so it’s hard to know exactly what the rate is. It’s also true they can change it if they want.

But again, the scarcer the deeds are from AB, the spicier those flash offers will seem. I do have to say at the current rate of “2 deeds per color per update” I expect to see a dramatic uptick in the rate we’re given them.

I feel like everyone is glossing over there first step to pay to win.
The deeds are a flash offer. This is a huge deal.

If this is actually going to happen…i think many people will end up quitting. Because this will result in people paying having the extra +1 from all kingdoms giving them a huge advantage.

People dropping money will have
5 magic
7 attack
11 armor and 11 life
More than everyone else…
Screams of pay to win.

3 Likes

Didn’t Sirrian say the game may exist for 20 Years? Doesn’t sound like there is a “prospective lifetime”.

This can get depressing as heck for quite some of us, depending if the deeds tasks coming up on our Adventure Boards or not - for the progression of further Kingdom leveling. And I fear the dry periods might kill it for me. I know there will be offered a few flash sales now and then, but I feel I spent too much on this game already. It all feels like a needle under the nail…

1 Like

One of the changes in 4.5 is that we will all have the exact same adventure boards. So if you have a dry period, we will all have a dry period.

I’m really not happy about the Sword of Heroes nerf. That was one of my most used weapons.

3 Likes