4.2 Patch Notes

I guess it is. But they somehow managed to leave anyway. Just like clicking without reading and thinking. ^^ I fear that happens pretty often in this game. :joy:

Our beta testers do offer feedback, and when possible we use it to better the release before it goes out. Sometimes we don’t have time to implement all of their feedback, but where possible we do!

1 Like

Then, would it be possible to have a “pre-beta” to present them, the beta-testers, a summary of the patch to be evaluated with their experience as player’s if applicable?

Before all the coding starts and becomes too hard or inviable to make a change due time constraints and whatnot…

You already have a handful of people you trust for… “mechanical tests”… of features, maybe among them there are people who could offer some valid input.

That isn’t an option due to time constraints. Our beta testers get the patch notes, the current beta build and we then listen to their feedback and address as many bugs they find as we can. The last two betas we ran saw us make changes based on the early feedback our testers provided, and whenever we have the time and resources we find great value in running the community beta. Sometimes we can’t, especially with quick turnarounds and deadlines, etc, but we do so whenever possible.

I am glad that we get to run our community beta, which is why I push so hard to make it available as often as possible.

5 Likes

Yes, there is. It comes up with “Leave Guild” and “Do you really want to leave the Guild” with “No” and “Yes” buttons.

I suppose it’s possible to leave by accident if you’re really careless, but it seems unlikely that two people in one Guild would do so.

(Just saying… :thinking: )

2 Likes

Fixed! 10 chars.

1 Like

I guess this is an answer as good as one can get. Thanks.

As you know, Cyrup, we are conversing separately about notifications. Just wanted to post here publicly that my browser has notifications enabled, but GoW still does not show up in my Windows 10 Action Center. Also, I am finding feedback articles from Microsoft saying that apps cannot be manually added to the Action Center. So, this would appear to be an issue, and I would imagine that others having problems should also check their Action Center to see if GoW is present.

Yes, I also thought it is unlikely. But really happened here. x) One left on Tuesday, the other on on Thursday. I still don’t know how they managed that.

Every where but that screen it says Requirements.
Unfortunately, consistent text is an issue for the dev team we love.

(It’s our current averages not Requirements)

In the guild activity section it shows exactly who changes your numbers. So I would just demote those who violate your wishes.
The red text is too make it easier for managers to see those who haven’t made Requirements yet that week.
The devs can’t make everyone happy. But considering these changes were due to feedback from a majority of the community. I think it’s safe to say most will stay as is.

1 Like

If you can’t. Then that’s definitely an issue. Also, what a dev told me, is you can only see the activity of those who update to 4.2 so if they haven’t yet. Then eventually they will have to update. No one has messed with the numbers but me. So if I were you. I would ask someone with 4.2 to change the numbers on purpose to know for sure.
If it doesn’t work. Then I’d support a feature request to have number changes show in the activity log.

1 Like

If number changes do show in the activity log then they should when a guild leader changes them too. I change my guilds numbers and it didn’t show up but when I changed the shield it did show up on the activity log.

1 Like

Anyone else miss this the first time?

Yeah this helps a lot lol… don’t need to know most of those. PVP rewards aren’t going anywhere, for instance.

1 Like

I’m a little late to the party on this, but:
Thank you for buffing the legendary trait on Imps! I’ve been having a lot of fun with them this week.

3 Likes

Opened browser. Was told I had tribute.

Opened Gems. No tribute.

… Then I got another alert of the same, looked, tribute appeared in-game a couple seconds later.

This is all fishy.

The browser tried to update the message as soon as the game loaded the tribute animation. That’s why there is some delay in your perspective.

Sometimes happens to me as i get the web-alert, check the game that was already open and there is no coins on my home kingdom or Underworl/Overworld button, but if i click on it i get my stuff.

1 Like

Ok game, we are not married, so i don’t have to put up with this… I have other games to play too or movies and TV shows to watch.

Super easy to turn off GoW alerts or Chrome alerts.

1 Like

I’m just poking some fun at a weird behavior. The alerts are more helpful than not, on my phone they are the lesser evil of all annoying things constantly making sounds and buzzing.

1 Like

I’m 100% okay with almost brand new stuff being wonky.
Alerts for mobile worked at least 98% of the time prior to the patch. I’m confident that they will get browser alerts and mobile working right in due time.
My one big issue with the patch has already been made abundantly clear. Lol
(Made even more clear before some of my comments mysteriously vanished). :grinning: