4.2.5 Patch Notes

Originally published at: 4.2.5 Update – Gems of War

Hero Classes on Teams

• Hero Class change Gem cost has now been removed
  • Players are now able to set a Hero Class to each team
  • Hero Classes can now be managed from the Troop/ Collectible menu
  • Class wins (for unlocking Class Weapons) will only apply to the Class assigned to the team
  • Class Champion XP will only apply to the Class assigned to the team that is used (if the Hero is used on the team)
  • A Hero Class still uses the same talent tree, so while you may use a Class on 2 teams, any changes to the Talent Tree with affect both teams
  • The Hero Class displayed on the main HUD will represent the Hero Class attached to the last team you used
  • As Classes do not apply in Arena, no Champion XP or Wins for a Class will be awarded.

Mail Improvements

• Legendary Tasks will now be consolidated into a single mail, with the following rules:
    • The Mailbox must be at least half full (50+ unread mail)
    • A new Legendary Task mail will be created if the new legendary Task contains a Troop
    • Consolidated Legendary Task mail will mention how many Legendary Tasks have been combined into it
  • The consolidation for Legendary Tasks, starts at 50 mail, as the information on who completed the mail, and the list of what rewards each task gave exactly will be lost once it’s consolidated, and we wanted to keep that information intact for smaller guilds completing fewer legendary tasks.

General

• Holiday Graphics and Music have been removed until the next Holiday season
  • Guild Admin Leave & Disband button now appear grey when disabled (even when selected by controller), to avoid confusion

Bug Fixes

• Fixed free scouting exploit
  • Fixed some instances of unlocalized text
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

43 Likes

Wooohoo good timing sirrian! I am happy you releasing it before gw and test it right now :slight_smile:

No complaints for once (mainly because its a small patch)! Much appreciated. RIP free scouting exploit for low vip players

1 Like

Hey,

good change with the classes, but I have a error with the tutorial descriptions:

Tutorial (sirrian text) in english on the xbox french version

Better late than never! :smiley:

7 Likes

NO MORE GEM COST YES!!!

ignores everything else about update

2 Likes

We’re looking into it, thank you!
Also, to learn how change your Hero Class you can view this article:

4 Likes

In english the tutorial showed fine for me

I wonder why we get a class on a team without hero?

1 Like

Can you please try restarting your game? We may have resolved this.

Due to the reason the class change fee wasn’t removed earlier - old code and technical limitations. This acts as a sort of workaround to enable the class change to be free.

4 Likes

This tutorial is not appearing anymore after restarting. But if you say it’s fine, then everything is okay :wink: Just wanted to report it (was german btw).

Oh of course you would have completed it :man_facepalming: If anyone else has issues let us know. The team fixed the issue with a server change so it should be ok now.

3 Likes

@Rickygervais also to expand on this, previously to unlock a Class’s weapon you didn’t have to use your hero on a team, just have the class equipped. As we didn’t want to change this to require the hero, equipping a class to a team will count as wins for the purposes of unlocking the Class weapon.

11 Likes

Nice update

Thanks I made it myself.

21 Likes

Only 1 things: is not the right time to put a big update 6 hour before the gw reset
PS: Is the best update for players but is not timed well
@Saltypatra @Cyrup

How do we do to gain XP for our hero classes in arena now?

2 Likes

“insert gif of Joker slow clapping here”