4.0 Sneak Peek: Delve

When should the update on the ps4 come?

Can someone enlighten a dinosaur what a delve mode actually is. GoW is literally the only game I play (well, expect Solitaire) and I have absolutely no idea what this spoiler means.

No one really knows yet. Well, at least no one who can/will discuss it on the forums.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you. From the discussion above, I thought maybe this was a standard game mode being imported from another game.

Looks cool, i look forward to seeing more.

In general fantasy tabbletop games delving means the classic ā€œAdventurers explore ruins in search of treasureā€ thingy. But for GoW we donā€™t know exactly how things will be yet.

Could be a new sort of minigame with some different rules and puzzles, but still the same spirit of a Match 3 game like treasure hunt.

I fear that especulating too much could rise the hype to a point where people would feel disappointed with the feature when it finally arrives. Letā€™s wait and see.

4 Likes

ā€œEach Faction in the Underworld has a Lair to exploreā€
Sounds like each Underworld kingdom will have one. Most likely going to be unlocked after beating it, just like Arena, the Soulforge, and the dungeon.

There are troops designed to use specifically in Delves, so it wonā€™t be new Treasure Hunt. Could be new Arena though. I hope itā€™s not like Bounty, as there is one temple for each kingdom, so it should be replayable, not just roughly once a month.

In the screenshot, it looks like player already beat one battle. Is that connect to the multiplier? Iā€™m still wonder about those random star-in-circle signs. Is it just a map visual design, or something more?

6 Likes

Just map design visual i think. Maybe columns and such.

2 Likes

Why they previewing 4.0? We still waiting for 3.5

We are on 3.5 next build would be 3.6 I believe, or maybe itā€™s 4.0?

You can maybe tell us when you get beta access? :wink:
Or maybe you canā€™t :rofl:

3.6 isnā€™t being tested now?!? I thought the next update was 3-4 weeks away. If you arenā€™t testing now then I fear it wonā€™t be tested by playersā€¦ Just QA ā€œshuttersā€.

Iā€™m going to guess that 3.6 will come out in the next 3 weeks with the next kingdom (Sin of Maraj, probably Friday the 21st, since there are troops scheduled on the 24th) and be the last 3.0 update, while 4.0 will come when they have they are ready for the underground map and first underground kingdom, and all that entails.

2 Likes

I hope the underworld happens next update

Confirmed 4.0 is next update. no 3.6

Screenshot_2

4 Likes

@awryan, your illuminati confirmed paranoia strikes again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Our 3.6 Update is now being called out 4.0 Update because of the amount of features being added. Thatā€™s all!

Also, there will be a lot of testing for this update becauseā€¦ I will be running the beta again! It will be re-opening this week, so keep your eyes peeled. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Have to say Iā€™m looking forward to the update. :+1:

Please i want to do the xbox beta test :slight_smile:

same, iā€™d sign up

Iā€™ll make a thread on this later, but our testing is only available to Steam players. :slight_smile:

3 Likes