4.0 in Screenshots and salty tattoo :)

:thinking:
I wonder if they don’t work with the artist who made the original map anymore. Otherwise they could just comission an Underworld Map instead of comissioning two new maps.

1 Like

Honestly, if this would be an option at all - and not impossible like it was in the case of the new UI - that would be wonderful. I don’t really care how bad the maps clash, I just want to see stuff. And with colorblindness, the bright colors of the Krystara map are what give me more trouble than the underworld map. The darker colors are far better on my eyes since it’s red and green that get turned into yellow for me and the underworld map has not exactly much of that.
If the new map would be the default, but there would be an option to turn on the vintage Krystara map in the menu just for those who like it more or have less vision issues with it, that would be wonderful. I really hope the devs consider that option - I realize it’ll be too late for 4.0, but maybe it can be implemented in the next patch. They fixed the transparent board to make it easier to see things back to a non-transparent one, so I shall have hope that the day will come where I will then be able to see more than a blurry color mass as map again as well. I just took off all vision aids I use and had a look at the stream/new map and I’m pretty sure that’s how taking drugs must be like. All the blurry, bright colors…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yup but the plan is to use as much faction troop as you can so you get more renown but not sure if every faction will have exploder

True, but the very first delves will certainly be finished without too much problem using the other troops, but even then these blocks offers minimal changes. If the devs eventually create more blocks and effects things can become exciting/challenging.

A “Living Block” that move around/teleport randomly could be a first step to make the Hall of Guardians (which are all rock-type constructs so a Living/Animated Block would make sense) feels interesting again once we have finished it multiple times.

It’s just that there are many ideas that could be explored, as i said already, so for me it feels kinda of disappointing…

Yeah but it’s only 2 fitst faction, im pretty sure the difficulty will increase with the time and we will probably see some enemie who will create these block. Or at least i hope, like you said there is plenty avenue to explore

1 Like

then people will have more reasons to whine how the AI is cheating :laughing:

What @Ashasekayi said, was about an official an answer as we received. I assume that there is some kind of performance advantage for moving to a simpler map, but it is one of those things that just “is”.

I’m kind of in the camp of the blocks being a proof of concept sort of thing. Adding the capability to add non-gem things to the game board is pretty huge, and does open all sorts of doors for future things to appear on the game board. By starting simple now, that leaves plenty of breathing room for “power creep” on the game board itself (I guess that’s a “thing” now?) for future factions. That said, it would be at least the next quarterly update before any signs of new board functionality appears, if those features aren’t quietly hidden in the update now awaiting a future planned Faction release.

2 Likes
1 Like

As was mentioned earlier, we did discuss the map changes with our beta testers. Due to the clashing nature of the old map and the new Underworld map, the Overworld map was changed in style to better match. We were always intending to update the map to better match our UI.

Unfortunately, adding in an option to toggle between maps is more difficult and time consuming than one would expect, which is why we also didn’t offer the old UI to be used when we introduced the new UI.

@Sheba, I will pass on your feedback regarding colourblindness and cataracts. We won’t be moving back to the old map, but I’ll see if we will have the time and resources to potentially make the kingdom crest outlines more obvious, if you feel that would help.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Salty! It’s almost 4am here, so I’m not doing anything right now, but if it’s okay I’ll send you some screenshots tomorrow. I’ll take them from the stream to show where things are really bad for me on the map - actually none of the screenshots above show the really bad parts. The kingdom crests, though, are actually better visible for me than they were on the old map because they are the only thing with an outline. On the current map, I have had difficulty seeing the green stars in the kingdom crests, this seems to be better now…but that’s because they are against the backdrop of the map and the map got worse for me. It’s hard to explain, I’ll try to make some screenshots to show things better. Basically, the part of the old map that’s really nice for me is the outline, especially separating land and water. Black is a color I always see and for me, with my bad vision and colorblindness, contrast is really, really important, hence the need for outlines. When everything is blurry and green, red and yellow are extremely similiar, it’s good when there’s something standing out.

3 Likes

I really appreciate you taking the time to make some screenshots up for us. Thank you @Sheba.

3 Likes

I’m glad and grateful you are willing to listen so much, actually - after all, I wanna see things. So I should be the one thanking you! :smiley:

Bonus: I have no idea just what the hue of your haircolor is like for non-colorblind people, but to me, it’s really vibrant. I suspect it’s red and not yellow, but it would have to be a really bright, unusual red I don’t see a lot. It’s very colorful to me - this is how it looks in the simulator:
salty
I like colors (I don’t have enough in my life), so I definitely like the bright hair, no matter what color everyone else might see.:laughing:

1 Like

It’s a reddy, orangey, pinky mix! It’s super bright, I’m glad it’s fun.

1 Like

Thanks @Ozball. I must have missed that bit of the stream I was in and out through most of it doing other stuff.

1. In Hero / Class info there should be information that Archer is Elf, Sorcerer is Daemon etc.

2. In Troops menu there should be option to change teams position on the list

3. In Troops Order menu there should be fast option to change order from lowest /highier values (such as card name a-z or z-a)

Hi one of you knows when the new update comes out

This week. Before Friday.

Untitled

3 Likes

Find or make a photoshoped version of this with a bright colored wig and we are set for fun times with a certain sassy developer… :wink:

2 Likes

Challenge accepted and done :+1:

3 Likes