3.5 feedback and suggestions

Dumbstorm is no more. I was skeptical when I tested it in beta, but playing it just now…

The troops are still insanely lethal, but much less likely to cascade and wipe out the entire team including three troops with skull damage reduction - on Pet Rescue #8 with 200~ hp each.

The mechanic appears to be in a good place now, and will henceforth be named Doomstorm.

(I am only mildly disappointed, because I thought I was onto a good thing with the terms Dumbskulls and Dumbstorm lol)

5 Likes

Feedback based on what I saw:

Good stuff:

• Daily tasks are really nice. Also glad that the daily task menu can be minimized!
  • Approving of the fact that you guys picked purple as a font color to show numbers. Finally a choice that’s red-green-blindness-friendly. Glad there was a choice with disabilities in mind made this time!
  • Haven’t seen a pet rescue yet, but having a timer sounds perfect.
  • Really, really glad hero exp can be earned in Explore!
  • Pets shown in guild member list. Now everyone can see the bunny and I can see who is and who is not a fan of the bunny!:triumph:

Bad stuff:

• Burn is STILL covering numbers, just not all the time. But it’s still annoying.
  • As great as you did with the purple font, the fact that you made the stars of the kingdom… something (red? green?) that I cannot see is… sad. REALLY sad.
  • The difficulty of the kingdom upgrades is super-unbalanced. From 7 to 8 stars is FAR FAR harder than from 8 to 9. At least in my opinion.
  • Cannot see from the worldmap how far I am in the daily task.
  • I have zero idea how the hero thing works. Some of my classes are at 100. Most are at 21. One is at a random 95. I am so confused. Also some of my traits from classes disappeared, I think. I’m not sure. I haven’t used anything but Bard in ages, but I’m pretty sure I had traited more classes than I have now.
  • There are no new bunnies in the game.:rabbit:
  • The daily task rewards are really wildly different in value, as a refresh has shown me.
  • Some daily tasks - like “level a troop to 16” - are impossible for people who have their stuff maxed.
  • Not a fan of what drops ingots because that means I cannot review ingots since I don’t have any. Wish explore could drop ingots… anyway, yeah, not a fan of the weapon system.

Suggestions:

• Show daily task progress somewhere where I don’t have to press a button.
  • Please just fix the burn effect already for good.
  • Put more bunnies into the game!:rabbit:
  • Make the stars on the worldmap like they were before or at least not green or red or whatever they are so that I can see them.
  • I would like some balanced reward consistency across daily tasks. There’s a bit of a difference if I get 3 Gem Keys or 4 Treasure Maps or 1 Glory Key or 10 Gems…
  • More bunnies please!:rabbit::rabbit:
  • At this point, I would like to suggest some sort of inventory overhaul, putting stuff like Arcanes, Orbs, Ingots, Food in their own tab. Navigating my inventory to find how much I have of a specific item has really become a pain at this point.
  • Please add more bunnies!:rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:

Will update more as I find more stuff out.

8 Likes

I’m on Android and have not received the update. I went to Google Play to update there and it’s not an option

How do we know what race heroes are?

1 Like

I thought that once you completed them, you were able to have 1 continually updating as it finished.

2 Likes

While i like the needed change to Doomstorm, i am a bit saddened that it’s back to Divines now … all the time for all occasions where efficiency counts.

*sigh*

We asked for this not to happen, these random tiny board modifiers. I don’t get it.

And its certainly not top-tier worthy. I mean, as long as it doesn’t touch Dawnbringer we’re okay–

Cool, not upgrading the only Mythic Weapon.

6 Likes

I can answer this one.

The color of the kingdom stars now match troop rarity and “ascend” every five kingdom stars.

1 - 5 White
6 - 10 Green
11 - 15 Dark Blue

And so on…

1 Like

Ooh thank you! So it’s green! Well… red-green-blindness is not the friend of stars. Also the white ones seem more blurry than before, too. Wish I would be less blind so that I could see stuff.
Can’t we have the star colors of the old UI (Gold and Blue) all the way? Because… I could see those. Blue is a good color. I can see blue. Yay for blue! But reaching 11 stars for whatever kingdom will obviously not happen anytime soon…

How hard would this be for the Kingdom Levels and Power Levels?

Instead of guessing what each and every combination of stars means? Another number, please. Label them with a little initial to differentiate them if you have to.

I’m sure this isn’t a new suggestion, just matters more now that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel better.

14 Likes

Some warning about trading in a daily task, maybe - i.e. only once a day.

I scrapped an Arena task that awarded gems because I figured Arena would just slow me down (plus I’m trying to break the game again).

I got a task to upgrade a troop to lvl16. I have absolutely no troops I can do that with at the moment, and even if I could be persuaded to open chests until I got some, it awards souls so I do not care. And now I’m down a task.

I mean, I guess people will get used to that? But… irksome.

3 Likes

The graphics are already there, but yeah… it’s going to be a looooooong time before anyone gets to power level 11.

1 Like

Please make the “I have the power” trophy retroactive, like “We are the champions”, thanks. :slight_smile:

I like Power Level 15! I can see that! 16 is already having some issues again, it seems, with the outline missing. But 15 is definitely the best of them all. That is SO EASY TO SEE! Also the symbol in the middle. I had no idea it was a crown while the filler color is green(?). In blue, I can see it really well.
The green stars are really bad, though. Definitely the worst.

1 Like

I had the “level a troop to 16” task and the same issue you had. I then re-rolled it and got the task to put on a different armor. Took all but two seconds, got a glory key for it. The rewards and the tasks (and their possibility/difficulty) are so random it’s crazy.

Why legendary task have no ingots,please fix it.

2 Likes

Console players have been complaining for a year about multiple unachievable tasks. Sometimes they get a neat one like “collect a Treasure Gnome”. I think expecting these to go away is plenty optimistic.

2 Likes

Oh that isn’t what I meant, I was thinking more like “you only get one reroll”.

Dawnbringer with its all barrier is perfectly designed to deal with the possible minor drawbacks these random effects could produce. If anything along with its huge power that is another reason to not upgrade anything BUT Dawnbringer unless you upgrade weapons for kingdoms and not for actually using them.

Titan is currently War, Stone, and Wind. It would make a lot more sense to include Storms, from the Deathknight class, instead of Wind or Stone.