3.5 feedback and suggestions

I’m coming to this late… most of this has already been said…

An update of stuff great in concept and poor in execution as far as I’ve seen so far…

Hero talents just a motley cookie-cutter set pre-assembled and then lobbed at each class… making them bespoke and useful and actually meant for the class would have been so much more work… most seem minor and / or irrelevant, and then a game-changing one randomly drops in… like Bard, already the best class by far, getting a fast 50% mana start… I see no reason other than mindless completionism to churn through using the classes that were rubbish… they’re still rubbish and why would I grind through battles with something I don’t want to use just to unlock things I won’t notice… and occasionally a class bounty-duplicate event will entice me to toss gems to get something I don’t want a bit faster… oh and the Bard talent worth seeing hits at level 20, whereas at level 100 after years of grinding it gets to give a boost to Raksha, Mystics or Constructs… while it’s supposed to be a Wildfolk… ffs…

Weapon upgrades, cool idea but won’t touch the general pointlessness of most weapons, as far as I can tell… minor stat upgrades on weapons too weak to use that leave them still to weak to use… any player spending long enough to get enough ingots will also unlock so many better weapons… the disparity between Dawnbringer or recent 24-gem spam weapons and the rest remains… and as for upgrading my Dawnbringer… after seventeen years I might have enough mythic ingots to get some minor stat gains and some gem disruption (two whole gems) that might just hand a better board to the enemy… again, why would anyone bother farming for these ingot things…

Verdict on a first day skimming is that it’s much like the pets update… looks cool, nice UI, could have been great, but leads to endless pursuit of things just not worth pursuing…

Another missed opportunity really…

12 Likes