3.4 Sneak Peek Doomskulls

That had better not be only an hour to get the thing done. …

1 Like

The downside of the F2P model is the game will continuously change so if you ever fall in love with it you know that version won’t live long.

The upside of the F2P model is the game will continuously change so if player behavior shows a massive pushback to something like “1-hour timers” it will change.

The trick is teaching gamblers to have some self-control.

Do we know if doomskulls will appear in every mode? I hope we won’t get the update in the middle of GW week it will change the strategy for sure

Not a good timing for patch release imo, i would prefer been able to experiment a little bit before GW

I completely agree with @Mithran

I have to say props to this design/game mechanics: if the object to ensure your support group stays extremely busy handling DoomSkull tickets, thereby increasing job security. I believe this Skull/Doomskull is going to confuse most seasoned players AND the best part: every new player that starts the game will need to open a ticket to handle their questions. :wink:

1 Like

As someone who has completed Daily Tasks for the entire release of the game, you have no idea how much I’ve been concerned about this feature being added to PC/Mobile.

EVERY single time (but once) that DT were touched, they were nerfed.

How are the daily tasks and what do they reward you with? PC player here, never heard of it.

1 Like

Win 5 battles with 3 adana troops. Get 20 glory.

Win 75 battles. Get 30 gems.

Win 3 revenge battles. Get 100 souls.

Like those, you get 4 everyday. Unless you complete them, they stay, except the first task on the list, which is a new one everyday even if you did not complete it.

1 Like

Now I’m mad we don’t have them on PC/mobile. :disappointed:

Well, you may finally be getting them soon. As far as I know, it’s not clear yet whether the version to be implemented will be the same as what we’ve had on console or if they are bringing in a revised system.

Does it mean no more code for pc?

Here is an old thread giving examples of unusual Daily Task pairings when a player can do all of them with one single team.

So not looking forward to doomskulls whatsoever. Going to push the game even further towards a true luck game rather than a skill game imho.

2 Likes

The way I see it is doomskulls will mean faster mana generation. So games will be faster on average. Whether it leads to a win or loss at least it’ll be quicker.

Another gold nerf?

1 Like

I like to see my enemy on the field of battle before I speak of its capabilities.

As in, a lot of troops that look really good to me fall short when I toss them into the fray. Instead of getting whipped up and attacking hypothetical doomskulls, let’s let them hit and play with them for a week or so. Then we’ll have practical examples of how they’re the worst thing since avocados.

1 Like

Absolutely. Some of us have to work. Or eat or sleep.

I assume the starting time is not global. The devs have to know that there are guilds that don’t exist in the same time zone.

It could be fine, if frequent enough.

If we’re talking “only one 1-hour quest daily” that’s unbelievably unfair to about 12 time zones worth of people daily. But if we’re talking “one 1-hour quest per guild member daily” it’s less unfair. And if it’s “some chance of up to $x quests daily every hour”, you end up with a spread where some days you get lucky.

We can contrive scenarios where any implementation doesn’t work. I have seen gamers complain about month-long events because they were busy that particular month.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will be a all week event or a weekend event, it got no choice to trigger more then one time so everyone in the guild could participate, after all it’s a guild event

@Strat we get enough tickets, we don’t need help.

You guys can see more on pets in my stream tomorrow, just saying! (6 30 PM PDT, which is 11 30 AM AEST.)

1 Like