3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Ok, the game’s look is not pleasing or consistent. It looks like LOTR and War Games had an ugly baby. That being said, it is now unplayable. I got a headache after 2 matches. The stats on the cards are unreadable. The border, signifying things like mythic are no longer there. The background is a mess, and causes eye strain. The game chat box is awful, the text hard to read. Please, roll back this awful update. Listen to what we have said, and fix important things like looping or META, but leave the rest alone. Thank you.

18 Likes

Okay, I’m trying to find the best words to describe this update without being… just down right mean. The UI is smashed, busy, and the graphics seem to be a huge downgrade. It isn’t enchanting anymore at all, which was a very pleasing aspect to the game. The text and troop card changes are so unreadable it is beyond ridiculous. Within 5 minutes of the update, I had a migraine because of how the interface looks. When you go into battle you can’t see any of your troops stats it is like it blends right in. Over all Most feel it needs to be rolled back to the old UI. This new one is killing our eyes, and very… busy. It looks like a game that has been cross bred between a windows 95 game and a more up to date game. The UI is very unappealing.

Edit to add. Why does the chat button move? How can you even try to get used to something when you don’t know where the button will show up next? It is really annoying.

Also why do the traits look like my 5 year old got a hold of the crayons and marked through them?

Another problem, running flux (blue light prohibit-or) makes the eye strain much worse, that is horrible because flux is designed to reduce eye strain and take the blue light waves out. Even running it turned all the way down to the lowest setting it can go, which is 1900k it still looks too bright and still too hard to read. Attempting to put my guild wars in and everything is so distracting I find it difficult to even begin to focus what is going on.

19 Likes
  • Too much white space on large TVs. People with 45-60 inch will have a bad experience
  • colors are too bright and blend into one another on HDR TVs
  • Missing filter clearing option when trying to reset the troop filter.
1 Like
  • More Troops in “Troops menu” and less useless space (PC). Where is space really needed - between troops.
  • Old kingdom stars pls, new ones small and ugly

In General. Now it’s more like mobile design. On PC - Terrible.

P.S. Can you make Old/new design switch?
P.P.S New design - mix of terrible and awesome things.

10 Likes

In the collect-screen at the end of a battle I have to scroll to the left to see how much gold I got.
Please arrange it so you can see everything without scrolling or position at least at the front not the back.

Second thing… I need to press the Skip-button for the animation. Please make a Setting about it so I can set Skip as default (simple checkbox)

12 Likes

Its hard to read the health, it blends in some places. I don’t like the new update at all. The chat’s also really hard on the eyes.

5 Likes

Please add more team slots to compensate for setting 6 GW defenses. I can’t spare 12 slots specifically for a mode that contains only 30 battles.

15 Likes

Use svg for everything. Reasons:

• lightweight (less bandwidth consume, easier to render for slower devices)
  • resizeable for every resolution
  • there is no need quality setting if its implemented
  • its basicly an xml, so easily can be modify from source code if you know how (but you need to pack it that ppl doesnt mess with it)

Offer free open beta accounts for ppl before release, so the players try it first, suggest modifications, report bugs. That way you have less work with after the release and you can focus more on the next features. (This suggestion is not just for 3.2, its for all releases. Two heads are better than one. :wink:)

Focus more on readability and accessibility.

15 Likes

Huge no from me. Eyes hurt from the background and colors, crappy reward at the end of the match layout, actually have to scroll back to see gold … cant read starts on troops…
Most things were already said, just wanted to contribute in pointing a HUGE graphic design failure…

Make stats more visible, make the “cards” you added as rewards at the end of the game smaller.

Bad, bad bad .

14 Likes

Very quick feedback:

The Good: The troop page and new search functionality is really nice. As is the victory screen.

The Bad: The battles (where users are going to spend 90% of their time) are really hard to read now. The gems can disappear into some backgrounds and the creature stats vanish into their card art. It makes it a lot less fun to play.

The Ugly: The world map, but I can live with it.

6 Likes

To say something positive…

I like the new and improved filter :slight_smile:

And the News/Event screen.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask what the logic behind this weird UI change getting actually released was? It’s so badly implemented and not even consistently applied… It’s a very odd user experience to click from one screen with the new elements and then click to another which as non of them are applied to (like from the main map page to the guild page for example). It’s very disorienting to constantly have to be refocusing on different fonts and looks. I’ve never seen anything like it. Was it released by mistake? At best it doesn’t seem at all finished.

Additionally, on the battle screen the info text blends in with art (where it used to stand out nicely on the icons) and causes eye strain to make them out. I was only able to run 5 battles before I started to have a headache. I also found it very easy to make major mistakes in miss-reading the stats, which caused me to lose a lot more than usual.

The original UI was cohesive and charming, suiting the art as well, and this new UI just seems really jumbled and badly thought out. This is totally something you should have shown examples to the players and got significant feedback on before moving forward with. I feel bad for the person who implemented the UI changes, seeing this kind of almost unanimous negative feedback must feel bad, but at the same time this should never have been pushed out.

I hope at minimum if you’re going to commit to this new UI, you’ll give users the option to use the original UI or the new one. Because this will stop me playing unfortunately due to the eye strain issues, and judging by the comments I wouldn’t be the only one.

Thanks for listening.

25 Likes

Only issue I have it the changing of the cards overall look and the removal of the kingdom icon…things do look sleeker…just the damn card change annoys me.

EDIT…Oh and the removal of certain search functions with the troops.

1 Like

The new client doesn’t seem to know whether it wants a crisp, clean and readable look or an artistic fantasy look. The two styles blend badly together in this instance. One style really should be picked over the other and just gone with wholesale.

On the one hand we have clean black and white on some screens, and primary colours on a black background, and on other screens, like the guild war results, we have clean single colours and no art.

On the other hand we have screens like the main screen that have a blend of artistic background and black and white shapes for menu bars. It just looks weird and is difficult to parse visually because related colours in the background bleed into the menu items making them much more work than it should be to pick them out against the background.

This is particularly the case with text that has the dual problem of being quite fine and the secondary problem of sitting in front of colours and shapes with insufficient contrast. Worse, text sometimes projects outside or right up to the border of the shapes it’s sitting over, further confusing the issue, making things even more difficult to parse visually, and just looking amateurish. Larger borders here would definitely help.

Cards don’t use borders for much of their perimeter and therefore also blend into the surrounding artwork. The cards need at least a drop shadow, although this would contrast with the crisp clean look that you appear to be moving the game towards so reverting to straight black or white borders is probably a better solution at this point.

The font is also weirdly small for the importance of the information. As a result, it has trouble standing out from the much bolder shapes and colours it is often placed in front of.

I am also not fond of the size of the colour circles on the match-3 screen. Making the colour circles a couple of pixels smaller would better emphasise the columns and rows than the chessboard effect currently does.

Possibly some of these issues could be resolved by applying some kind of generic dark wash over background information to improve contrast, but really, if you’re going for a clean readable look I’d suggest just going full on with that and dropping more of the artwork out of the picture entirely. Obviously this will result in discarding what is otherwise some attractive artwork, but there’s an element of sunk cost fallacy in keeping it around despite the devs clearly looking to take the game in an entirely different direction.

4 Likes

and the award “how to ruin a good game” goes to Infinity Plus 2
congrats devs GG

13 Likes

Feedback

Congratulations on one of the worst UI’s I’ve ever had the pleasure to lay me eyes upon.

Suggestions

None. That didn’t matter in the past and the list to fix this mess would take too much time to write down.
EDIT: Actually just revert to the old UI, including changes made in 3.0 (awful chat and troop collection) and be done with it.

9 Likes

When the Crafting was added in the previous patch (on PS4), I thought it was a kind of quick-and-dirty UI so that we could enjoy the functionality and that in a later patch the UI would be fixed up and made more consistent with the rest of the UI.

So yeah, I was a bit amazed that suddenly almost the whole game went to the “modern UI”.

I understand it may have been applied for phone use (because a lot of things seem bigger), but my general impression is a bet “eh”…

I like the map, and in a way I like the cards, I have the impressions that they show more of the art, which is always good.

But all in all I am not fond of the new style, and the game feels visually overwhelming now.

I will add more feedback after a few days of impressions.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too. I thought they rushed some shit UI to get it out quick…

This UI is bad, like really really bad. I can’t even play this game right now. It just makes me feel sick.

9 Likes

when i saw this ui i thought amazonfiretv had bought out gems xD

3 Likes

OK, it’s horrendous. I’m not going list everything wrong, I don’t have time but the biggest issue…
Select a banner.
Wtf?? Lol
Seriously, how come this was approved? Instead of a grid where I can select a banner and view them all at once I have to scroll right from Adana to Zhul’kari. Yea, great if I want to use Adana, horrible if I want to use Zhul’kari or anything else further along the alphabet because get this… you can’t go from A to the left and straight to Z. Unbelievable.
My Mrs has quit, she said it’s horrible and asked if anyone tested it. It’s a visual car crash.

13 Likes