3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

this part is truncated, inaccessible in full screen …
the adjustment to the 4/3 format makes it possible to see all …
the modern devices are rather in 16/9 format …

I suspect the defense AI sliders were removed partially because not many people used them, but mainly because they were generating too many support tickets. The devs caused confusion by introducing the AI sliders at the same time as the Unity AI (no more skull distraction, more spell casting, and overall different behavior), not to mention the unintended(?) AI changes like gem blobs generating lots more mana and the AI seeming to get more extra turns. I’m guessing the team was getting a lot of “the AI is cheating” tickets (because it was ignoring skulls or whatever) and people were blaming the sliders because they were the only visible in-game change.

Suggesting this again, especially now since we are directly incentivized for having six completely unique Guild Wars defen teams - keep the Guild Wars defend team the same as it was last week, don’t reset it to your PvP defense.

Please go back to the old list style with chests it takes too long to go through everything you got and it’s hard to see that stuff is new

I started a new game to see what it looks like when you get new stuff and It’s a bit hard to tell that these are new

5 Likes

I’m sure this has been mentioned in the previous 300+ posts, but I want to reiterate:

1. Please make text with colourful background easier to read. Things like team names, team power scores, troop names. Really hard to read in some cases.

2. Please make troop stats in battle more prominent. I often don’t notice a troop is almost dead because the life numbers are so hard to see.

3. Please consider making it more obvious when a troop is ready to cast it’s spell. I keep forgetting to cast because I don’t see they’re ready.

4. Can you make the barrier status more obvious? I keep not seeing it and end up wasting spell casts not realizing the enemies have a barrier up.

5. Traitstones are really hard to tell apart now.

6 Likes

Just some notes on what we are releasing next week (as soon as possible, but due to submission times it will likely be early next week). We have pretty much done a full pass on readability and will have fixes out for that.

• Added darkened areas behind text that wasn’t visible enough, including Troop Stats on cards, tabbed buttons, team names and team scores, text on lighter backgrounds. TeamScoreTroopBattle
  • Increased text size of stats and amounts on troop cards when in troop collection.
  • Changed the background of the shield on the Guild Wars Attack tab to be the colour of the day, rather than the text being the colour on the grey background.
  • Adjusted the battle grid to be more opaque and lighter. We compared it to what we had originally, experimented and found a level that we think should hepl players having the issues. BattleGems
  • Updated the Treasure Hunt UI.

Please note, this isn’t a full list of improvements we will ever do. These are the improvements we’ve been able to make in the last couple of days so we can roll out an update as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback and please keep the suggestions coming.

28 Likes

Can we have a screenshot of the battle to see what it’s going to look like, please?

I changed my mind.

… I’m not even sure I like the new traitstone art after-all.

As for these little potential fixes: nah, need all of the new UI to go.

No more of … this. Sorry.

10 Likes

Please move “start battle” button to a different place than where the “enter gw battle” is

3 out of 5 times i get to fight my gw battle without being able to change team or scout due to the button being in same time it auto-clicks on the “start battle” and im doomed to fight with whatever team i had before.

after it happened once, i was very careful to click quickly and gently, but it still keeps autoclicking the button from next screen that loads.

before 3.2 all the buttons like that was in different places so it never happened.
it is important.

the new traitstones (espercially arcanes) are ugly. the colors of them are completely out of place too, its as if someone tossed a paint on something. destroyed its “stone” “mineral” “rune” and “gem” aspects/resemblance in them completely. guess its “arcane sticker” “runick sticker” etc now

5 Likes

Get rid of ascension messages in chat. How are you meant to have a conversation with all this crap everywhere.

9 Likes

I guess the updates look sort of OK…better than how it is. Feel a bit like slapping a fresh coat of paint on falling down house, but if it is just ugly and don’t give me a pounding headache, I can live with that.

Still, should you not be aiming for something more spectacular than “OK, I guess”?

My only complaint about the new UI, aside from readability issues already stated, comes from the green buttons. If it helps feedback-wise, I play on console.
The effect they display when you select them—color shifting—is quite difficult to notice; it can be difficult to see which button is currently selected. I find myself jiggling the joystick on every other menu just to try and figure out what button I’m on.

If this were to be adjusted, I’d personally recommend making it so the button’s brightness dims a lot more while you have it selected. Or maybe it could glow, or it could turn white/black. I just think those would fit the theme.

I originally posted this in a different thread, but I removed it and posted it here instead.

4 Likes

this is a good one too (well better then the current small stars)
before 3.2 the stars were great, but those one is better to have a number if i cant choose the old stars…

4 Likes

I want to part-copy another reply of mine over here and extend it since it’s a feedback/suggestion. As I don’t have a smartphone I asked a friend of mine to check the game out on mobile and compare with PC (in the other topic there was a discussion about mobile vs. PC and who uses what and what’s more important and which device got screwed over more by the UI). He didn’t know the game before and never saw the old UI. Of course he was biased because I told him I quit because of the UI, though. I only posted the PC/mobile differences in the other topic, but here’s everything he said about the game in general - he played for like an hour.
Here’s what he said:

• The game looks more “gothic” on PC since there’s just so much more black.
  • While the numbers on the troops were even harder to read on mobile and the numbers/stars on the borders of some of the cards (mythics) were basically invisible, my friend found the white symbols painful to look at because of their size. White text on black background is just bad.
  • To quote my friend (well, translated from German): “Holy crap, I think that, given how big these bright green buttons are on PC, I have now eyecancer! What’s with that neon green and then that horrid textcolor in the box? The whole game-UI is totally goth and then there’s this radioactive crap in the middle of black boxes?!”
  • My friend found the “pictures in the PVP section” really nice and the options menu. You know… the stuff with the old UI (which he didn’t know). He said the bigger images are much better to look at than the stuff that’s in the troop menu and the option menu isn’t black and that’s a total relief for his eyes.
  • He says the font looks cheap. Like someone selected Arial because they were too lazy to look for a nicer one.
  • He says the fact that the sidescrolling is automatic is bad. He doesn’t mind sidescrolling in general, but the automatic movement bothered him and made him feel a bit nauseous (but only on PC, not on mobile). He was not bothered by the transparent board background.
  • He said chat is nicer to look at than the rest of the UI because chat background is not pure black.
  • He was confused that the art is traditional but the currencies are all 3D-like. He found that not really fitting each other and wondered if the game would get an art update so that the troops would match the 3D-style of currency and items. He says he feels like it’s two designers both designing half a game. He found the difference between the troop art and items extremely obvious while not being bothered by the fact that the option menu and other parts still have the old UI (I didn’t tell him that’s the case, he just thought they were supposed to look like that).

Basically, he mainly said that while numbers are harder to read on mobile, the contrast of white, borderless text on black is horrid on PC. Black as a main background color is horrid and it’s more visible the more black there is to look at. What bothered him the most, though, were the green buttons. Or more like the hue of green of the buttons. He said he doesn’t understand why the art is so colorful and the UI has only “extreme” colors (black/white/neon green). And that this is just more jarring in “bigger size”. Hope that makes sense.

My friend actually thinks that the UI would look really good if the background color would not be black but “more blue like in the options” and the text would have a border and maybe not be white. He also strongly suggests a different color for the neon-boxes and to make the troop pictures “as big as they are in the PVP battle selection”. For my friend who didn’t know the old UI, it’s mainly a color issue.

4 Likes

please bring back previous suncrest emblem. it was enchanted inspired and beautiful. the new one is ugly
obrazobraz

22 Likes

Why not just border the text? The drop shadows make it easier to read here, and this is a marked improvement, but the readability issues exist in several other places where drop shadows might not make sense.

For example, the troop types with the “mythic” color bordering

You’d have to shadow a great majority of the bottom border

The names of the troops themselves when they are put in a team

You cant really extend the opacity of the shadow here without completely obscuring the troop art, which is already heavily obscured because of the shadow.

Are you going to shadow the entire mana gem? P.S. - Turn on your mana numbers for testing, a great number of people play that way, and this is another area where the numbers are really hard to see.

The shadow with solid color text looks nice - when it works. But really, there are some instance where the bordered text just works better. Please consider just putting some borders on the text where appropriate.

7 Likes

I’d sorted by upgradable and couldn’t figure out why these where at the top FOR 20 SECONDS, I just stared at the screen in total incomprehension.

The green plus/blue arrow icon is now completely lost in the background.

Not to mention that I still can’t read anything. The troop type being the worst offender. And I’m not even on the phone now, but on a rather large tablet and I still can’t see what it says.

Ugh. Just ugh.

Also the whole troop screen makes my OCD scream my head off. It’s such a mess of colors that I can’t distinguish between cards.

Edited:

OH NO. THIS IS SO PAINFUL, UGH, PLEASE STOP WITH THE BLACK AND WHITE THING

AND THE BRIGHT GREEN ON BLACK, I’M CRYING REAL TEARS, IT HURTS SO MUCH!

And those ugly white things!

Seriously. I am crying because it HURTS.

And the chest opening is nauseous. I want to vomit and I’m not even 1/4 through.

Not to mention that each time I return to the world map I’m assaulted by these ugly pale wingy things that contrast against the ugly dark stripes with ugly white text.

The worst thing is that they take about as much space as the kingdom crests (and the kingdom icons ARE the important part, the stars are just an attribute that the kingdoms have)!
And the irony is that despite this wingy ugliness’s size I still can’t tell how many stars there are!

Please bring back the old stars!

Better still bring back the old UI. I don’t know how much longer I can take of this torture.

30 Likes

It is so horrible that I don’t know what you could do better, other than changing it back.

It is really hard for me to explain what is bad, because my eyes can’t focus on anything.
I have astigmatism and do have corrective glasses. But this is so bad that there is no way for me to concentrate when I look at the screen.

I am currently considering to tell my guild that I’ll have to stop playing. It is rather sad as I’ve been in that guild for more than 2 years.

But I can’t be a help if I can’t see what I’m doing in the game.

9 Likes

Getting a new mythic is supposed to be special but I almost didn’t even notice I got one. Bring the big flashing new sign back

23 Likes

The fixes that the devs have shown aren’t acceptable. Why on earth do all of the stats on the cards have to be white? It’s just so confusing to make out what is what at a glance. Before this update the life, armour and attack stats had their own uniquely coloured icon that was easy on the eye and easy to distinguish from one another at a glance.

Has the origional UI designer left the team because i find it hard to believe that you can go from something so pleasing and easy on the eye to use to this jarring, garish, eye straining, vomit and seizure inducing abomination.

18 Likes