3.2.5 Known Issues (PC/Mobile/Console)

Hmm. I generally shut down the PS4 when I finish, but there are days when my wife and I will switch back and forth a few times and we’ll be playing continuously for a few hours. On Saturday, I think I had the PS4 on for most of the day, running GOW for most of that. Still, I never see anything like that. Sounds like some kind of memory leak, but I don’t know why it would affect you and not me.

I’d have to agree with this.

I’m not saying the system is fair, but it seems clear that it is working according to whatever mystical formula was put in place. Every player has a choice: get in a top guild for stat bonuses, legendary tasks and other guild bonuses, or get in a lower guild for fewer rewards and higher PVP gold and points.

Edit: Uh-oh, I see both Ricky and Strat are responding…

2 Likes

I agree 100% that the difference in PVP points and guild are out of proportion with the advantage that a better guild gives you, but I still don’t think it is a bug.

1 Like

I’m saying you have a big advantage over that #4 player from a super low level Guild and I think you know it. I cannot even find that Guild in the top 50, and I can’t scroll lower.

I don’t want to go back and fourth, I’ve said my piece for the developers to read, and will leave it at that.

1 Like

A reminder that this is a thread to post known issues, not a place to have a discussion about them. As is stated, this is more of a feature request than a bug at this point. And while you might consider it a known issue for 3.2.5, please take discussion and debate about it to another thread.

5 Likes

Sorry @Ozball i will delete my post but i let the screenshot there cause it’s been so long before we got and answer about that, and it’s not a feature request it’s a fix request or adjustment of points request if you prefer

I’m not asking anyone to delete their posts, just to move the discussion over it else where.

1 Like

Just to clarify the difference between discussing vs reporting @Rickygervais, for example Sheba continued the topic of the lag, but she was confirming that this was something she was also experiencing (rather than discussing how something is bad and could be different). :slight_smile:

Regarding the lag, please restart your respective devices where possible to reduce the problem. I would like to clarify when this occurs:

1. When accessing troops menu
  2. After finishing a battle (or is this just @Calv1n only?)
  3. When collecting tribute

Also: How long is the lag/delay here? How many minutes/seconds?

And when you say lag, do you mean the came shows the loading icon and stops, or it moves slowly?

Some more clarity around the situation the issue occurs in is appreciated - ‘lag’ is a very ambiguous term. Without further details it is difficult to tell if it is associated with the game or the device.

@Cyrup ok i will try to be more specific

On xbox when i do pvp battle during 1hour or more, then i decide to go back in the world map, the game freeze for couple seconds and sometime it’s more then a minute, while it’s freezed, if i push any button nothing happen.

Then after several seconds or minutes (sorry it vary alot) it go back to world map

Sometimes it’s so long then i get frustrated and need to restart the game.

But after another couple of pvp fight the problem still come back

Again when i finish a pvp fight and try to check the battle log tab , then go in the RANKING tab, it does the same, the game freeze and take several second or minutes to be able to switch tab

If i push “RB” button untill i reach battle log then i push “LB” to come back to pvp battle tab, the game doesn’t freeze but if i keep pushing "RB"until i reach ranking tab it will freeze

This make me wonder, do you guys at least test console version? You asking me 3 time the same question and if you would mind just take a xbox and try it you will see what i am talking about

1 Like

I wish to report a matter with tribute and I’m not sure if it’s related to the lag or not.

The game lags when it’s tribute-time and the loading wheel appears twice for 1-2 seconds each. The whole thing takes maybe 8-10 seconds total before I can continue to play.

However: It’s not always the case that the tribute is collectible right afterwards. Sometimes it is, but sometimes I have to wait up to 10 minutes before the money-symbol appears over my home kingdom. It’s also not a visual bug, as clicking on the kingdom before the money-icon appears just opens up the menu.
I used a clock to determine if it’s really tribute-time when the lag appears or when the money-icon appears and it’s definitely tribute-time when the lag/loading wheel happens. This means I lose at least 1-2 tributes a day just because of the time delay.

Things I found out so far:

• When the game is minimized when the loading wheel appears/it’s tribute time, the gold symbol will show up on time without fail.
  • When I’m doing explore and wildly clicking around, pretty much “disturbing” the loading wheel by opening the kingdom menu where I’m exploring right now, I can 90% count on my tribute being late.
  • When I’m just on the worldmap when the loading wheel appears, I seem to have a 60:40 chance of my tribute being there on time.
  • I cannot provoke a late tribute appearing sooner. Doing things like battles, mail check and other stuff that forces a connection with the server does not make the tribute appear. I just continue with explore battles then and after 5-30 battles (it’s that random) it’s suddenly there then.
2 Likes

@Cyrup

I posted a video of one example which I’ve been told multiple times by the dev’s is the best way to do this. I also mentioned the “lag” is often 30 seconds to 2 minutes but is subjective depending on how long it’s been since I last reset my PS4 and is also less if I’m on my PS4 pro vs my PS4. This occurs in almost every screen in the game it however most noticeable when returning to the “map screen”, Accessing the “troop” or “Guild” TABs and also from the arena upon completion of matches as the video shows.

cheers
Calv1n

1 Like

@Cyrup

Here is another one for you all to look at. I recorded the entire match as I don’t know what is and what is not important for these types of submissions but the wackiness begins around the 1.5 minute mark.

Are you on PC? Sorry to ask, but it’s difficult to remember everyone’s platform. I have noticed this as well when I’ve left the game open for awhile (and started doing other things on my computer with applications using the internet). I would recommend leaving it closed where possible, and not open beyond an hour or more.

Edit: @Calv1n and @Rickygervais How long did you have your respective consoles on/running before these issues start happening when you play?

1 Like

I’m on PC, yes.

Are you saying I should stop playing six hours in a row?! What will I do with my life then!? :stuck_out_tongue:

Play as much as you want! :slight_smile: A suggestion would be to simply close (not minimise) the game if you go to get food, walk around etc. The loading symbol you see is the game contacting the server to see what is happening. If you have it open and try to do other internety things, my guess is that this is potentially interfering and it can kind of forget the recent changes that might have occurred (i.e. your tributes being delivered)

1 Like

@Stan had a different suggestion in a PM to me and thought that the hourly loading wheel and tribute are actually not related and just sync up when I collect my tribute directly after the start of the game and the delay just keeps adding up over the hours when I’m in battle when tribute time comes. (Stan can explain it better than me). I will try to open and close the game instead of minimising more often to test if that changes matters, though! I tend to minimise a lot because of me checking the forums here. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think you basically explained it. Based on what I’ve seen, it seems more like the two events (loading wheel and tribute collection) are independent, but since both start the clock at the same time and both repeat every hour, it seems like they are related. As long as you don’t play for more than a couple hours and are disciplined about tribute collection, they more-or-less stick together.

However, I’ve been able to deliberately de-sync them in a predictable way by collecting tribute a few minutes late. I think that there is some interaction with the main map screen as well, but haven’t figured that out yet (it seems like if you’re in PVP when the hourly loading wheel would normally appear, it is delayed until you return to the main map). In explore or any other mode, you are always returning to the main map, so it triggers whatever is happening.

Fairy fire doesn’t effect Draakulis’s cast?
That’s weird. I thought it was magic based?
Oh it’s a bug?
No I don’t want gold or souls as compensation. I want my 200 GW points that the bug caused and a chance to still be Paragon still.
Oh it’s too complicated to do that for me?
Well evidently it’s also too complicated to have a game that works properly. Sounds like your QA should actually test things like…“Hey since Draakulis has a cast unlike any other in the same. We should test his cast separately. And not assume it’ll work since true damage does”.
Ticket resolved… Anger and frustration unresolved.

1 Like

Faerie fire aside, who the fawk use Draak in GW and hope for high scores ROFL

Well I was expecting 3200 out if it. Is that a “high score” for a Soldier match? :joy::grin:

Btw…I’m glad I did. 12 turns in a row from the AI thanks to Goblins. Draakulis was the only one left stading.

1 Like