3.1 update verdict?

Do you mean multiple times a day? After I bought one, I couldn’t buy another that day.

More than ever now this game has become a spectator sport. I spend more and more time watching the AI play than taking a turn myself. I’m not sure an RNG can genuinely create so many streaks if it’s truly random, I’d expect at least as many of my own, yet the AI seems to have some foresight to what is going to drop.

I’m pretty sure you’re only supposed to be able to buy the daily deal once per day. Maybe worth putting in the bug thread?

Yea, it wasn’t a bug for me. I was only able to buy one per day. Maybe it was a bug for Arnifix. I’m not sure.

So what is the sunday lucky day?

Is it 100% diamond drop on every boss?
Bundle x2 diamond?

The jewel for that day is diamonds. So, you get 20/20/30 diamonds if you win the fights. [100% chance btw]

Also: The gem bounty is 80 diamonds. The daily deal is 150 diamonds.

4 Likes

And what about the bundle?

The gem bounty is 80 diamonds. The daily deal is 150 diamonds.

2 Likes

Well finally a good news ty @Ashasekayi

1 Like

Yes :smiley:
I was happy to see it myself. It was some light at the end of the tunnel for me.

3 Likes

Just in case “SPEND MORE MONEY” wasn’t already blatant…

I’ve come to the conclusion that the method behind the madness is to hook people into buying the 150-pack each week, and if they buy other packs it’s a happy coincidence. They’re now paying a $20/month subscription to a mobile match-3 game.

5 Likes

Personally im not going to spend real Money, i will only use gems, i am vip 11 and i think i contribued enough real Money in this game

4 Likes

I know, I’m not biting either.

I will admit it is a brilliant marketing technique as $20/month isn’t much to any gainfully-employed adult, but the idea of “u get less gems, u pay now?” overshadows however “good” the deal may be.

Giving a company money for one thing you like is the same as rewarding them for the things you don’t like, and a lot of people will justify it behind “It’s only $____, that’s nothing.”

2 Likes

Average 400$ if you only spend money every day to get 1 mythic

1 Like

@ publishers :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Having been on PC and got them individually, the switch to Unity in general was more impactful overall than the new AI. However, the new AI also further worsens the problems that came in with Unity, namely, taking skull baiting off the table as a reliable option and therefore increasing the number of “unwinnable” situations. It also makes looping an even more reliable option for the AI, which should have never happened.

The issue at heart here is a loss of agency, not an increase in difficulty. Battles that aren’t made unwinnable due to starting board or some cascade are every bit as easy as they were before. Counting the transition to Unity, easier even, because I now have options where I barely have to look at the board and just cause cascades.

84 and 160 counting respectively, counting the shards > diamonds conversion. Gem Bounty on Sunday also gives you two gem keys, while $5 bundle gives you 3 gem keys, which have some purchasing power toward a similar goal (albeit low and random) to mitigate some of the opportunity cost of the lost gems. (Pending confirmation that these are the values that are going to stay, since I had different payouts on my low level account).

If you buy in with cash on the “day of luck” only, a mythic costs $125 over the course of 25 weeks. Converting gems to diamonds by way of Gem Bounty on the day of luck gets you 1 mythic for 2380 gems over the course of 47.6 weeks. If you bought these facilitated by the $5 daily gems pack (225 gem/$5, you gain more than 50 gems per 7 days so you will outpace), you can get an extra mythic for $52.89. These are of course stackable with what you would earn in dungeon drops (at this point, 0.2335 ‘free’ mythics per mythic release cycle) and guild tasks (yet unknown, depends on the exchange rate given) to either accelerate your timetable or lower your cash or gem buy in (to zero, possibly). If you buy the bounties or daily deal on other days, you will reach your goal slightly faster while paying much more, and I categorically do not recommend it at this point. For now, I recommend kicking in the 50 gems only on Sunday and waiting for next week to see the full numbers for the relevance of $5 pack.

Agreed that this a big misstep. They lost a lot of good will here, especially by not having the full data immediately available to be examined. What I’m hoping is that their intent was to bring everyone up near the level of VIP 5 players with respect to mythic collection once crafting is considered and before paying in cash, VIP 5 still being slightly better off, and mitigating out of control gem gains while bottom capping their purchasing power. If the full data supports this when the Monday numbers roll in, I will be looking at reactivating daily gems subscription - something I will only do if the numbers don’t show that I am expected to do this to maintain a collection indefinitely while also maintaining a daily active endgame level of play. However, with gameplay being the way it is now, they still have a ways to go for me to keep that subscription up long term and playing for another two years since I’ve been progressively less engaged with the gameplay itself with the last couple updates, which will eventually result in my losing interest regardless of how easy or difficult things are to collect.

3 Likes

I do mean multiple times per day, on the real money pack. I’ve bought two per day the past two days in a row. By the time the second transaction completes it wises up and stops more transactions.

I wouldnt be surprised if there were eventually troops you can only get from crafting. Non mythic

1 Like

New things to collect is always a good thing. I don’t mind that it will take a while to craft a mythic troop, can still get them from random drops. I will stick to the daily gems/gold for supporting the game instead of the new $5 offer in the dungeon.

Well, that’s a bug then. It most definitely didn’t give me the opportunity to buy a second pack. It had a blurb that stated I had already purchased the pack for the day.