3.1 update verdict?

@Strat Its really good honestly to read someones post when making a reply. If you do not chose to do the farming and upgrading you are simply left behind. Simple as that. And to play and be semi competitive this then becomes a requirement.

Quoting my original post that does mention this in brevity.

“This update, GW chore, 100+ to get to PvP rank #1, requirement to farm or be left behind.”

P.S. A lot of what GoW started off doing in minor has increased over time. I see the same happening with this.

3 Likes

I can see what she’s saying. While GW encourages daily play, crafting essentially requires it. Even if it is only for a few minutes, that is one more thing that HAS to be done every single day. At least with GW, you can put off your daily battles to tomorrow (as long as it isn’t Sunday).

2 Likes

Fair enough.

PvP rank 1 is not a requirement whatsoever , the rewards aren’t worth it. GW battles, yes your 100% correct. I get your point. And don’t think they are going to back off this direction.

1 Like

@Stan You would be correct.

@Strat From a mother who doesn’t always get time to farm for arcanes, it is. As I get arcanes via shop and buying the new troops with glory (along with the supplied arcane). Glory that I also earned from guild tasks, and PvP. Then the additional reward from the PvP rank. It all adds up over time.

Simply GoW is starting to devour available time a lot better than Kerberos.

4 Likes

Why no true pvp with this patch that is a better way to see who is best right

Flash sale and they are still way over priced!

But they have a flash sale on gems you used to get in tasks!

@Rojo1 I never use my gems unless needed. For the most part only use glory to buy the new troops/arcanes from shop. From time to time I might use gems for random things. So my gems have piled up over all this time. As I don’t even think to spend gems on chests at all. Given you can get keys from tasks that take gold to complete. And using gems for anything else unless its to get your first good armor, is simply wasting them. The only time I see buying gems as a good thing is if you are a avid buyer of gems from the store. And have like thousands upon thousands of gems, I know many who buy so many gems it rains. Then I can see a sale worth it. For semi competitive the sale will fall on deaf ears. Which I am semi competitive. For me gems stack like treasure maps. No real need yet to use either.

Here’s another one who isn’t

1 Like

I only use gems for VIP to get a exclusive mythic troop! I do not buy them either! If buying them is the only way you can get them I will not be getting mythic troop and they should refund the money people spent to become VIP! It’s not cheap!

Congratulations on new update very innovative however the ai hike is too much we dont mind fair competition but outright carnage I personally lost 3% points in win rate too much dont you think also existing guild members are dropping like flies if it is not broke dont fix it

@Drathas too
The problem with the whole 4x debate is not that people do play at 4x speed, it’s that people CAN. So there are technically two options from the dev’s point of view: (And note: I’m lumping both Guild Tasks and Legendary Tasks together for this which might not be entirely accurate)

1. Leave the tasks as they are and let those who do play on 4x inflate the economy by cranking out (in theory) 4x as many tasks as before, this benefits people beyond just those who play at 4x, as anyone in their guild will get the benefits from the completed tasks.

2. Nerf the tasks and keep the overall economy of the game mostly the same, with some fall offs for people who don’t play at 4x.

Now I’m not saying either option is right or wrong, and the second one does hurt the non-4x players more, but option 1 could have caused a large inflation problem. The other thing we’re not sure of is how many players play the game on mobile compared to PC. If (for example) the split was 30% PC and 70% Mobile then while we were ok when only PC has 4x, now that Mobile has it too the effects mentioned above would be much more obvious. Which would explain why this came now and not when Unity first hit PC. Or alternatively, they didn’t want to punish the Mobile players by bringing in the nerf for something that only PC players were able to use.

1 Like

So a stupid question: what on earth is the Justice League?

1 Like

Teams composed of primarily Valkyrie/Justice/Queen Mab.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is why the value of tasks was nerfed 20% instead of just raising the price 20% and leaving the rewards as they were.

Guild guardian tasks specifically have no way to make up the shortfall in rewards. They’re capped.

For example, the blue guardian rewarded 590 gems. Taking 20% off of that gives 472, with zero way to earn the missing 118 gems no matter how much extra effort the guild puts forth or how much extra gold they farm. This is a serious problem.

Legendary tasks, in theory, should be able to be recoverable if a guild chooses to grind 16% more tasks, since that is the amount of the nerf.

Note that currently no one has confirmed that gems will still drop from LTs, so it is entirely possible they have been removed from LTs. This would mean that LTs have also taken an unrecoverable nerf, but I’m making the above statement based on the provided percentage in the patch notes and nothing more.

1 Like

The original point of the basic guild task was to gain extra troop stats for PVP.

They need to leave these alone and mess with the LTs if they are crying about players actually being happy.

Also no one is taking into account that the Justice teams was and still is causing the massive spikes in gold and trophies NOT just the x4 speed.

I would also like to point out that THEY added the x4 speed thing, we never asked for it.

I am primarily a console player, that is VIP and i want the gems back in original guild tasks.

2 Likes

@Ozball
Has anyone stopped to consider for one moment that 4x is just a way for us people to actually finish these daily tasks and get to #1 and do our guild wars battles quicker so we can then carry out our daily duties away from the game, and not play more? How is that bringing more gold into the economy? It simply isn’t. People might just now be lowering their play time.

13 Likes

I’m not sure how accurate the 20% number is. Frankly from what I can discern in game the amount of gold decreased dramatically after the 1t defense was “addressed”. There was a spurt on PC the first week when unity was first added but its dropped off immensely. I’d agree more players are playing less especially those endgame regardless of the game growing in the number of players.

The endgame players already earn considerably less gold and are more prone to contributions for LTS. Its just yet another unpopular move towards late game players when you base total net gold generation across the board. It doesn’t scale like that at all. Newer players regularly exceed double the earned gold and the ratio of new to old has increased. That is where the 20% comes in.

1 Like

I agree the 4X speed needs to go period because the playing field is not level need powerful graphics to use it mobiles dont have options for more powerful graphics that should settle it make all have equal chance and oportunities to advance simple

I agree, that is why i used the 4xspeed. Not to play 4x as many battles, but to spend less time doing them, and more time doing real life stuff. Which helped keep the game more fun and less feeling like grinding. I am sure there are some that abuse the 4xspeed, but i think the majority use it more like 1/4 times spent playing

2 Likes