3.05 on PC Looks Just like the Console

Even if it does allow for faster resource collection on PC its not as if this is a permanent difference between the PC and Mobile platforms. Its only Temporary.

The developers have attempted to keep things close where it really matters. Hence no console AI. In addition that’s exactly why PC is NOT getting the Task System yet as well.

For those on the PC Beta @Ozball, @Lyya, @Tacet, ?

Now that your on the live PC environment are you getting Console style PvP selection options in your 3 choices. Specifically 5k, 8k, 9.5k?

Basically did they address the 1TD?

Looks really good!
One thing that would be really useful in the troops filter, is sorting by 2 mana colors. Hopefully that gets added at some point.

1 Like

Nope.

Currently 3.0.5 still has 1 troop battles, but this will likely be fixed before release.

I currently don’t see many because 99.9% of battles are still accounts on 3.0, where it is almost impossible to have 1 troop defends.

I also cant wait…

Good thing if people play x4 speed is we won’t see people complain about cheating AI cause they won’t see what happen :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That is the post of the year! I wish I could give you all of my 100 likes…

3 Likes

So does the Unity transition fix the memory leak / lag / slow down associated with doing multiple explore fights?

It appears to, or at least it’s significantly reduced.

1 Like

Earlier today I played 50 Explores in a row, looking at private working set after each run. I saw steady but low growth over time, but the rate of growth slowed, which can potentially be explained by caching behavior (for example, caches warming as troops are “seen” for the first time in battle, etc) but might also indicate a small leak. I saw a total growth of ~13 MB of private working set over 50 battles, from 584 MB to 597 MB; by around battle 30, the growth was about 1 MB every 6 battles.

Methodology was:

1. Play in Windowed mode, graphics set to Mythic setting (highest possible setting)
  2. Go to Silverglade, Explore
  3. Play match using a specific fast-explore team
  4. Return to World Map
  5. Wait for memory to “settle” as objects are freed and GC has a chance to kick in
  6. Take measurement of private working set

It should be noted that at no point did I see any noticeable slowdown in performance. I can post the detailed results if people are interested.

8 Likes

That’s enough for me. In current mode, on PC, if I do over 20-30 explores I get a noticeable drop in frame rate, and at 50 it is a slideshow. But only seems to be explore, chaining a lot of pvp doesn’t do the same.

1 Like

Hey, it takes a lot of memory to suppress that pity timer :rage:

1 Like