2.1 Preview - Guilds

Not sure why people consider Gems to be junk? I definitely use them to get the Mythic that gets released each month.

1 Like

It looks nice that we are getting some new features, but I do have a few concerns about the new system.

How many gems and glory keys are possible per week? The glory key rewards in the video look troublingly low for a task already on step 4 out of 12. The graph only shows the “gem value” of rewards, but how are some of these figures calculated? What is the “gem value” of souls, or gold keys, or even glory keys for that matter? Would it be converting the gems into gold and buying the gold keys (240 gems = 100 gold keys at best? what?) or straight buying souls (9000 gems = 900 souls, so 1 gem for ten souls at best). The reason nobody buys these is because their ratios are extremely out of whack with their actual value, even while it is still necessary to actually want them as rewards, period. Is the “gem value” of gem keys based on their single purchase value or their multi-purchase value? At least there are no maps on the task list anymore.

Also, I guess getting Drakkulis is more important now, since he’s going to be tied to kingdom stars after all, rather than it being an easy cap with 10 troops. Not sure how I feel about this, since the base mythics to the point have always been “extras” that didn’t affect kingdom progression at all.

I’ve seen it mentioned that it will be about 16 million gold to finish every task weekly. For those that actually accomplish this (its “only” 533k per person per week), will they have anything else to spend gold on beyond that, or just gold keys?

I’m not sure how stat bonuses for completing all of a task line will pan out. Based on the numbers given, nearly every guild that evenly spread their tasks (which seems to be the intention, given the reward structure and since its now tied to colors) their way up have no chance at activating any of the skill bonuses. Top players, meanwhile, will have them probably day one of every week - not hard to save up 500k and just drop it after the reset. Since some of these bonuses seem rather sizeable, it looks like you might just be making it even easier/faster for these players to gain their PvP rewards, snowballing the situation.

Any word on when the next kingdom will drop?

1 Like

look again, 1:19 of the video, green task (I guess we’ll see if it’s there just at the very start of the green tasks, or it appears again after the event keys, further on)

Also considering the amounts of glory keys and gems we’ll be getting from 2.1 on, I wish all the best to all of the new players ascending their troops to mythic :wink:

1 Like

Like i said junk :stuck_out_tongue:

I can buy 50 of these with glory.

Well, crap. I assumed colors were linked to a reward type and the rewards scaled. Now I’m worried about the “gem value” of a treasure map, too, since to 99% of the playerbase knows they are basically worthless as a resource and anybody that actually wants to use them can easily farm them.

2 Likes

@DEMONorANGEL

Event keys are for new Kingdoms and missing Legendaries.

8 Likes

But im not missing any my friend @TaliaParks :wink:
Edit… in the end it dont matter like you stated we will just have to live wit it

I have all Troops as well so I save up my Event keys for new Kingdoms. Getting a brand-new Legendary to Mythic first day makes Event keys worthwhile since every new Legendary added waters down the overall pool.

1 Like

I guess i should have stated it a little better. I mean gettin 1 or 2 event keys at a time is junk. When you can spend 650 gems for 50 chest.

FYI, for anyone worried about us just overloading you with Maps and saying “Oh, they’re worth X”… don’t worry. The green tasks give a total of only 9 Maps (on the first 3 tasks) before they switch over to giving Event Keys… the reason being that low-level players actually get more value out of Maps than they do Event Keys, so we put some low-hanging fruit for them there.

The comment about 99% of player base finding maps worthless is inaccurate by the way… we sell LOTS of maps in the weekly subscription to low level players who enjoy the Treasure mini-game, and can’t be bothered, or who don’t want to farm them with Tyri.

Regarding Gems & Glory Keys… if you take those in isolation… you’re going to get a LOT less than you did before if you’re one of the 0.17% of players in the very top few guilds. Instead we’re giving you other types of keys, resource bonuses, extra skill points, etc… We try to put a conservative value on those when we come up with the graph. Some are self-evident given their shop value, others like XP Bonus & Skill Bonuses we have to arrive at a figure by comparing them to costs of things in the game that allow us to obtain something similar.

10 Likes

I like 90% of the new update… by the way :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sirrian just said they’re Ballin’ out in Australia. Loads of money in the air.

Edit: Interesting to me that it is treasure maps that sell a lot, but I’m happy that it’s supporting the devs. I guess $5 entry level for maps is perfect.

2 Likes

Oh, the Gem Subscription is BY FAR the most popular sub - it’s good value for new players - but Maps do a respectable number also.

2 Likes

@Sirrian. How many seals does 1 guild key cost and is there a reduced price for bulk? You block the numbers in the video since you had over 10 keys.

1 Like

20 Seals per Key, and no reduction (like Gold & Glory Keys), since we don’t want players to feel forced to save them (any more than they already WILL, given that you want to wait for the Guild to upgrade the chest as far as possible during the week)

3 Likes

Thats look awesome that suck console player will probably need to wait a year to get this

Console players should be rocking the Guild update mid-to-late October some time, as our best guess.

6 Likes

October? Wow this is quicker then i was thinking, console player going to be really busy lol

1 Like

@Sirrian normally there is 2 or 3 previews before an update. Is this going to be the case here as well or can we hope for a short time frame for the update to go live? Maybe like at the weekly reset this weekend? Maybe? Huh? :wink:

Happy days.ps4 October. Happy Birthday to me

1 Like