2.1 Preview - Guilds

I’ve thought about concentrating on a few of the statues, but unbalancing your guild masteries seems like a pretty hard hit to do that. Might be a necessary evil though.

It’s basically 2.6M per Statue. So at 8M you could max out half and have a little left over to get the first few in each of the remainders. Basically go all in on the Gems/Gem Keys/Glory Keys statues.

Bear in mind that PvP matchmaking is based on your Team Score, and your troop stats affect your Team Score, so the folks with a bunch of bonus stats are going to continue to fight one another.

1 Like

I was just thinking about this.

With specific resources/currencies being linked to specific colors, what happens to a medium/low level guild that, for some reason, only wants to do a couple types of tasks? I just explained to someone that those guilds would probably break even on tasks since they can focus-fire the ones they were doing before if they want, and it occurred to me:

The result of that is the guild has seriously unbalanced masteries. Which is weird. And for that level of guild, that would probably be at a stage where mastery differences would still actually have an impact. So people who only want to get new stuff might only get Gems and Event Keys, and they end up with more Blue and Green? And the near-top guilds will stop getting Purple completely? It’s, as I said, weird…

@Sirrian?

3 Likes

It’s 12 tasks total, the first few are quite cheap, and the costs increase exponentially, so it’s reasonable to assume many will only clear the first few of each, or maybe go deep on one and then only do the first couple of the rest.

2 Likes

Of course, if its anything like the previews (hopefully it is?) then the rewards will also increase. A guild dedicated to specific tasks wouldn’t exactly be losing out by doing that. Just end up with skewed masteries.

1 Like

Well, fact is, guilds tasks will still a significant portion of the resources gained over a week. And judging from the numbers in the video, at the levels we are at now, it would take two or more weeks to gain a single level in the couple states if we actually happen to focus the associated stats with our full income. A year on out from now, we might be 100 in red, 90 in green and 90 in blue. Leveling them evenly we’d have 83-85 in every mastery - so ten more mastery points than now, which may or may not have leveled the associated perk (more likely not) and accounts for a less than 1 percent change in surge chance. A year out from now. I think its safe to say I’d be willing to make that sacrifice to not have to take an even bigger hit in terms of relevant income, hopefully the rest of my guild feels the same.

2 Likes

Just curious Sirrian, how do the tasks achieve that? Are tasks going to cost less at lower levels, or reward more for same amount of gold?

(Talking about how the lower guild rewards are going to be a little more fair compared to higher guild rewards. balance)

It’s diminishing returns. The first few tasks are cheap and give away strong rewards for their costs, then the costs increase exponentially while the rewards increase geometrically. Thus, the last few tasks are very expensive and don’t have strong ROI. My guess is that the last 3-4 tasks represent 2/3 to 3/4 of the total gold required. That’s why the not-top guilds are getting better rewards than before: They can input their much smaller quantities of Gold and come out better than they would under the current system.

Obviously they may not get the full weekly rewards or the upgraded chest, but there shouldn’t be the expectation that everyone gets the maximum rewards.

4 Likes

As to how to buff Treasure Hunts, wouldn’t the simple and effective answer be to let players use multiple Treasure Maps at at time with a declining award multiplier for the number of maps used at once?

Example: If the rewards for using one map are Y then the rewards for using 10 maps would be 5Y; 30 maps would be 10Y; etc.

This would be enough incentive for higher level players to save up and enjoy Treasure Hunts again by using multiple maps per hunt but would be disadvantageous enough for lower level players that they’d still be better served playing one map at a time. I currently have over 900 treasure maps; I love playing Treasure Hunt but the rewards aren’t worth the time spent playing. I’d gladly spend 10, 50 or even 100 maps at a time if it increased the rewards enough to be worth it.

@Sirrian, is there some reason why you all aren’t doing this? It seems like the perfect solution to me but maybe I’m missing something?

3 Likes

@Sirrian this leaves no room for down weeks in top guilds. You cap the resources we are allowed to provide and don’t allow for off weeks. This is an incredible formula for burnouts and contensious guild environments where one player having a personal emergency is ostracized for not performing. From the forums to the guild and global chat this game has had an incredible streak of civility. Your rules put that in peril, please allow us to cover each other even if it is by raising the cap to 1600 from 1500.

23 Likes

Is there a time or process?

For example, will the devs get warning it is approved, then we get a message that the servers will be going down in x hours time etc

Or will we just try to log in at some point and find that either the servers are already down or that we have to download the latest update to be able to play?

I am just assuming the worst and donation in every single gold coin coin I earn every time I log off for a while.

1 Like

I agree with this. One of our members unfortunately lost a family member this week and hasn’t been up to playing very much. If the update had of been this week then we would not have made the seal cap. She is going thru enough as it is without worrying about letting her fellow guild mates down because of her inactivity. Raising the cap for these seals would really bring guilds closer together, unifying them to compensate for their fellow guild mates in need, making them more of a tight-knit group I feel. So @Sirrian, please consider this and not make the entire guild suffer when someone has a real life emergency or other circumstances that crop up.

25 Likes

I really think this update is to directly benefit guilds like yours and @Mithran’s.

I do wish we could see how much gold each of the task levels is. 8M is quite a lot per week, and I’m almost betting you’ll be able to get all tasks except the final task for all colors.

Remember, they will be watching and adjusting too. So if too few of the really active guilds aren’t reaching the top, they can adjust.

@Sirrian Looking over the preview video again I noticed a pretty big exploit in the guild system. Can’t someone just keep creating random guilds, doing the first 5k gold task for 10 gems under the blue category, then create another guild and repeat? This would be possible with all the tasks, but obviously with gems it would be the most profitable. They may even be able to avoid the cost to create a guild by just jumping to guilds that are open with very few members. That means a player could essentially convert 5k gold into 10 gems as many times as they please. That doesn’t seem too fair or balanced.

6 Likes

These changes to the Guild rewards look reasonable considering a few of us went through a very serious nerf to the Task reward system a couple of months ago. Not only were Tasks caped to 4 per day from unlimited, but the rewards were drastically curtailed as well. Are they more interesting now: yes, Are they better for the game as a whole: probably.

Same problem, 1%ers were outperforming everyone by leaps and bounds.

@Sirrian One final note: Guild Seals SERIOUSLY needs to be 1750/week/player with a 45,000 weekly cap. That way 26 players can get things done if a few need a break, holiday, vacation…

1 Like

Yeah, barring any hard numbers at every single task level we can’t really make any solid determination. Getting, say, 80% of the way to the cap on gems, gem keys, glory keys, and event keys would be a slight buff in overall gains (the spread still sucks, though, when so many of any given thing are still needed to get anything to drop). However, the souls and gold key tasks still seem like kind of a rip-off here - both because they are so readily available by other means (an hour or two to farm the souls, and plenty of gold keys for free via tributes). Personally, I don’t really need either of them since I’m past the point of mass leveling troops and I’ve already got over 7k gold keys in reserve just waiting for the next kingdom - any kingdom where I’d need a common to mythic in order to get a final star is bottlenecked by not having an epic or legendary ascended to mythic, anyway. In terms of personal gains, 10k for 50 gold keys isn’t even that great of a deal to begin with, but still better than buying them directly, and even 5k gold for 100 souls, which can be obtained in literally one minute with a couple valk casts, is even kind of a stretch, but given they are going to 30 people at a time, I could see us filling out the first few levels. Useful for those earlier on in their progression, sure, but I hope souls and gold keys wont be eating too much of our guild’s total income.

The glory key task in this system has also taken a huge hit if the numbers from the previous post were correct. Yellow task level 3 in the video already has them more expensive as a pack than they are currently, and given the total amounts available given a 2.6 mil gold task line cap, will individually cost over three times as much per key as a current glory key task by the time you reach that cap. Comparatively, gems and gem related things (gem keys, event keys) have had their cost go up by 10 or 12% by the time you hit the cap. Unless the first few tasks for glory keys are really good ROI, I just don’t see how this could be a wise investment for anyone.

Or if they don’t feel like making crests easier to obtain and shortening the long term guardian to mythic goal, simply make the weekly chest max out at 39000 rather than 45k.

I must join on @Mufasha’s and @Macawi’s plead. A single raising in 100 seals for the personal limit would be enough to cover most cases where a member is unable to contribute.

For the overall changes i just accept that at some point the current economy would need to be reworked.
It’s hard for everyone, but in a fair way.

I must say that there is this tiny greedy voice saying: “Now you’ll never get as much rewards as the top guilds got once…” :imp:

Goddamnit Purple Imp! The past is over, now be quiet while we wait for the future, a future where you’ll be released.

2 Likes

I’m sure +100 would be just fine on PC/Mobile. For console we will absolutely need more leeway when the Holidays arrive. I’m sure the developers don’t want two criteria… but in this case…

1 Like