2.1 Preview - Guilds

Btw, I put the Guild Keys at 50% of a Gem Key since, from what we can tell, it’s a 50% drop rate on Guardians then, when the Guild Chest is fully upgraded, it’s essentially the same drops as a Gem Chest for the other 50%. Valuing at 50% of a Gem Key assumes no value for Guardians (which clearly is incorrect) but also assume the drop rates are comparable to a Gem Key (which probably isn’t too far off). All in all, it seems like a pretty decent assumption. Which leads to:

75 Keys * (50% * 10 Gems) = 375 Gems.
8,872 new Gem value / 10,904 old Gem value = -19%.

Even better for us! (Though obviously a major problem is that the “.1%ers” are earning more than 16M currently. I’d guess it’s around 20M in reality, in which case the reduction is more like -32%. For Dragon’s Peak, it’s probably far worse than that. But we’re literally talking about .1%ers, i.e., a total of ~150, maybe 210 people out of 25k+ not including console when they catch up.)

In your case you are right. Not everyone has the time or patience. However, where else can you make 300+ Glory an hour?

No where :confused:

12 Likes

It’s been discussed before: Why can't I get more gold?

Alchemist + double Brian the Lucky means no cap would be a mess for the game’s economy.

That doesn’t average out over a large number of hours, though. Once the tedium drives me to brain death I have a slightly diminished ability to play the minigame.

It does for me, but I do well on Maps

I’ve read all the walls of text, and it has given me a headache. In spite of that, nobody has touched on the one significant thing that matters to me…

I’m in the #7-ranked PC/Mobile guild, and I’ll tell you right now there is NO WAY more than half our current guild will make that 1500/week seal cap, and I’m being generous. The historical productivity has been heavily skewed towards 4-5 extremely active members. I myself aim for 300 trophies/week, and I don’t always get there due to unexpected time constraints. I can’t play heavily on Mondays, it gets distributed out pretty evenly over the week. 1500 seals is asking significantly more play time per week than that.

While I don’t claim to speak for our GL, I do know we can’t arbitrarily start booting people for not making the 1500 seals/week, because then we’d have no guild left. There simply aren’t that many players putting in that much total time per week, maybe enough to fill 3-4 guilds, but that assumes every one of those people cares more about the cap rewards than they do grouping with their friends. I don’t think that’s the case. So I predict cap-level rewards will be limited to the top 2-3 guilds, and then only after some reshuffling of people. Every other GL in the game is going to have to make his/her own decision about what a reasonable weekly target of seals should be, and take a close look at how that rewards table is scaled.

My phone alt is a GL, and she is doing her best to nurture a guild full of new and relatively casual players, She contributes more gold/week than the other 29 guild members combined. Her attitude is going to be “we get what we get”. They are somewhere around rank #360 as of now.

1 Like

Everyone’s doing comparisons for their top guilds, but what about the “other” guilds this is supposed to be helping? My guild doesn’t come near the 16M cap in the new system, more like 8M/wk. We won’t ever see the skill bonuses, or the Guild keys acting like Gem keys. We’ll be coming from 900 Gems and 1100 Glory keys a week, to… what? Half of the top reward numbers posted? None of the top-tier rewards, ever? Endless PvP battles vs opponents with full skill bonuses? I’m failing to see how that’s a benefit that helps us.

Maybe what’s missing here is an estimate of what each guild level in Sirrian’s chart is currently spending on guild tasks a week. Is 8M up there at the top? Somehow I doubt it, just compared to others’ numbers in this thread.

9 Likes

Why is 1500 seals/week so important?

The stat bonus really doesnt seem to be a good mechanic

2 Likes

That. It’s not like I can count on fighting against people in similar guilds to mine. I will keep facing the top ones, as I do now and have been for ages. Which means I have to expect being forced to play against teams with 16 effective HP, 3 attack and 2 magic more than me on EACH TROOP (that’s 64 more eHP to deal with, basically a 5th card in the deck).

3 Likes

Because if everyone, 30 guild members, reach this mark the guild chests will work like Gem Chests (sorta).

I just realized how much less glory keys we are going to get. Wowza that’s a huge drop off… Glory keys are so important to get blues and purples (and of course legendaries and mythics) and now we are getting drastically less!! Holy moly. At least the gems are somewhat offset by gem keys and event keys… But gold keys do not make up for glory keys in the slightest…

Already it’s hard to get anything good out of the glory keys I get, but at least it helps with Ascension. Now that number is cut into a tiny fraction. Good luck ascending troops newbies! I feel bad for anyone who has started out after this update. Huge disadvantage compared to those that have started even just a few short months ago. I’m glad my account is in a pretty good spot in terms of troops (only missing one legendary and all the Mythics besides war - which I’ve completely given up on. Not spending another penny because of it unless there’s a great bundle or a sub.)

2 Likes

Ill check it out thanks

In theory it’s not, green rarity cards in the chests or not - you can live with or without it honestly.

Pardon, I misread and misunderstood one of Sirrian’s answers in this topic, thank you for the reply.

1 Like

You get to keep your seals from week to week. Your 1500 earning cap and credit toward the guild are the only things that reset.

We do around 5-6 mil, and from the chart at the top, I’d put us both in the “active mid range” tier. Based on everything seen around here, we’ll be taking a hit. If every task is split evenly on cost, though, your guild should be able to complete three of them fully, and right now, it looks like red, blue, and green are going to be the way to go. This will net you 64 gem keys, 590 gems, 42 event keys (and 9 maps). This looks pretty close to the break-even point in terms of actual value, but still slightly less, and still spread in a way that is less than desirable. Guild keys for both our guilds will probably max out at “glory key plus” on a given week, and the other bonuses close the gap a little.

But if the glory task really does take 2.6 mil to close out, there is no universe in which those 236 glory keys and 320 glory are worth it, so I’d probably just skip that, unless the first couple levels are very cheap or your guild starts doing enough to finish everything. I highly doubt any amount of souls offered are going to pull any significant amount of income from anyone that can’t just finish every task, though the first few levels of gold keys may be worth picking up because thats how we may be getting most our rares, now.

4 Likes

The problem is, the soul task = +2 magic, and that one is actually a nice bonus :frowning: neat to put it behind a task that only few guilds will do (unless we give up on one of the 3 keys/gems tasks and miss out on that every week).

1 Like

Two magic is by no means make or break, though, so it absolutely would not be worth giving up a task that actually gives you something you can use. Nice to have for full AoE teams, okay for most teams, pretty meh for troops that have spells “boosted by” another one of their stats or enemy stats, and utterly useless for skull spam teams. Meanwhile, we got red task over here that drops gem keys, gives a three attack bonus for finishing it, and the statue perk is more tribute chance. If your resources are limited, thats a pretty obvious choice there. The real question is if you only have enough donations total to finish one, would it be more worth it for resources to close out red, or forgo the attack bonus and divide between red and blue, or possibly even red/blue/green (maybe a couple brown/purple tasks for newer players).

The enormous drop in Glory Keys (even with the extra Event/Gem Keys), plus the infinitely large increase in Gold Keys, PLUS the fact that any surplus Gold becomes more Gold Keys…

What can I say, I actually like pyramid schemes. Maybe something like 1400-1600 Gold Keys and 600-800 Glory Keys. The 10:1 thing advertised is kind of crazy, even if we do need the Gold Keys.

2 Likes