2.1 Arrives!

@sirrian I applaud the dev team for keeping the game fresh and listening to much of the player base. I do have a little issue with the update though. It has been said that this update was necessary to bring lower guilds more on par with higher guilds. But, with the weekly stat bonuses, I feel the opposite is true. The high tier guilds will have all stat boosts at the beginning of each week. While the lower guilds will struggle to get more than a couple of any given color’s tasks completed for the skill bonuses. I’ve already noticed a huge difference in pvp. My guild has yet to complete a color’s tasks yet, while I’ve ran into many players who have stats significantly higher than my own. And I have 10 five star kingdoms. The health and shield boosts means the difference in me taking 2 casts to destroy an enemy troop and instead needing 3 casts to do so. This can make all the difference in a match. How do these stat boosts help members of less active guilds? I am in a very active guild by the way. At least I thought I was. We outperformed about 80% of the top 50 guilds in trophy output the last couple of weeks. But, even then, we will struggle to complete all tasks on a weekly basis. And that problem is only compounded for lower guilds. Which the vast majority are. Please give some insight on these issues. Thanks.

Also, the forum is now crap on mobile. What up wit dat!?

Edit: I think I just experienced a glitch on the page. Never mind.

This is what they intended to balance for the tasks/rewards mostly. The idea is something like (i’ll use simple numbers and only one task as examples):

• Guild A is a top guild that produces 3.8 milions of gold and can finish 100 gem tasks. This nets them 1200 gems weekly.
  • Guild B is a lower/casual guild that can only manage half of Guild A resources/rewards. So, at this rate Guild B will, most likely, never catch up with Guild A.

In the new system things are supposed to work like this:

• Guild A now can still manage a lot of tasks, but since each new set of tasks requires much more gold they end up with a total of 800 gems weekly.
  • Guild B also has the increasing requirements to finish each new set of tasks, and they do less than before, but the guild still manages to do 470 gems weekly.

So keeping things as they are there is still a solid distance, but this is just taking into account the gems from tasks as a measure, more casual guilds are able to produce better results now with the extra gold keys for example, the bonus for souls, tributes and others are something that helps the advance of each player. Well, at least this is how i think they, the devs, intended to do.
AAAAND… before anything else, let’s also take into account that the game economy needed to be addressed and these changes probably aren’t final. So there is room for tweaks and adjustments. :slight_smile:

Please give the guild statue cards a buff, that is all.

What buff do you want? They seem to be reasonably balanced on paper.

I wanted to say it before anyone else. The devs have a way of releasing troops too weak so they have room to buff them later, and i want these six to get buffed in case there was that wiggle room.

I’m sorry, that doesn’t make sense at all. If the devs are giving themselves buffer room to increase troop power based on data from the field and after-the-fact commentary here, I would expect them to wait for…data from the field and after-the-fact commentary here.

6 Likes

Dokkalfar buff.

4 Likes

I answered this in a response just before your post. I don’t really want to quote myself, but try scrolling up. The TL;DR is that there are a variety of ways in which non-top guilds benefit and the stat bonus isn’t really that big of a deal b/c it’s factored into matchmaking.

You’re thinking about this wrong. Each time you open a chest, there is a 50% chance that you will get a guardian. If you don’t, your chest’s level becomes important and a troop is drawn from the available pool.

I get all of that. And I agree. My main gripe is with the weekly stat bonuses. It makes for an uneven playing ground in pvp.

I agree that the top guilds are taking a big hit as far as resources go. I don’t agree that people without the weekly stat bonuses won’t face people with those stat bonuses. I have no weekly stat bonuses at the moment and I am frequently facing teams with the weekly stat bonuses. I know this because I see the exact same troop (level as well) on the opposite team doing more magic damage than me. And I have all 4 magic kingdoms at 5 stars. I’m not 100% sure how pvp match making works, but I believe (I’ve heard at least and it seems to be the case) that it is tied to defense team rating. Of which mine is around 8300. My attack team is also of a similar rating. Anyway, I feel that this affects lower guilds more so than does a lack of resources. In the old system, people in lower guilds would have to wait longer for new troops (legendaries, mythics, etc), but they could get them eventually and level them up on par with their top guild counterparts. Not so with weekly stat bonuses where people in lower guilds will always be behind the top guilds. Nearly 16 million gold donated on a weekly basis is only going to happen for the top guilds. The lower guilds are at an even bigger disadvantage now I feel. My two cents.

For those of us high level but not getting the statue skill bonuses, it kinda feels like being set back several months to a time when I was occasionally fighting full five starred kingdom players when I barely had my first magic kingdom or two at five star. The skill point gap is roughly the same.

And yes, I frequently fight full statue bonused players, despite having no statue bonuses in my guild, just as I, at one time, would frequently fight players with full kingdom five star bonuses when I barely had any. Its only been so even recently because five star kingdoms were so readily available for everyone because of increasing troop counts. This kinda restores that gap. On the plus side, we appear to get more base gold from these battles - I had one encounter’s payout jump up by a few hundred after switching screens, presumably right after their guild unlocked their stat bonuses, though they do take longer (probably by a factor long enough to offset any potential gains).

I don’t really like the implementation either, though, especially the all or nothing approach and the relative commitment to reach that point. Getting any number of kingdoms to five star, even now, takes a whole lot more effort than getting to the point where 500k gold a week is possible, for sure. My guild is also likely to never get a statue skill bonus, whereas five star kingdoms were something I could work on personally and gradually over time.

1 Like

It seems like the statue bonuses should be better integrated into team ratings. Somehow I doubt that will be as easy as it sounds.

1 Like

I suppose I see this from the other end of the spectrum… I like the bonuses…

@sirrian @Nimhain

Some questions:

• are there tasks as gold sink once all 6 colour tasks are complete? Our guild is close to this already - but some members hardly contributed yet… Will they be able to do so or will it be capped? If capped, it creates a coordination burden on GLs to make sure everyone can do their share - yet at same time many of us want to contribute early to get the stat bonuses

• do guild seals carry over to next week if you don’t claim them? Perhaps they should be claimed automatically? Edit: could flash the guild button / seals button if seals need collecting…?

Good work btw guys

Both questions were answered in the preview thread:

Thanks… That thread is not small so I didn’t want to spend hours hunting a possible answer…

1 Like

From what I recall, getting a kingdom to five stars does not change your team score at all. I would hope that, eventually, level 10, five stars, ten stars, and statue bonuses would affect team score.

Your second question was also answered by me in this thread only 7 hours ago :stuck_out_tongue:

I really wish the seals cap to be raised. It feels so bad now to not gain them after the limit is reached :sob:

1 Like