2.1 Arrives!

6 Likes

The guild changes definitely benefit non-top-tier guilds disproportionately. If anyone is suffering as a result of this update then it’s the top 10 or so guilds in the game.

1. First, the top tier guilds now have a hard cap on how much Gold they can convert into Gems and Glory Keys. This means non-top guilds won’t continue to fall farther and farther behind.
  2. Second, there are now diminishing returns on Guild Tasks. That extra 4.5M gold a top guild has to put in to complete the final set of tasks doesn’t translate into that much extra in the way of resources. That means, in effect, lower tier guilds can not complete all of the tasks and still get comparable rewards.
  3. Third, the stat bonuses add to your PvP Score, and matchmaking is based in large part on team score. This means the folks that get the big stat bonuses from their guild will face other people that have those same bonuses.

If anyone has reason to be upset about the changes it’s definitely the members of the top 10 or so guilds. Fortunately, that’s only about 200-300 people, and these people tend to be very reasonable. They generally understand that the end-game economy was really broken and it needed an overhaul, and they see that the rewards they will now receive are still quite generous.

13 Likes

This should be a good thing, now we do not have a runaway train scenario.

Might still need to be determined mathematically. As the more gold to reward ratio gets less viable, it is still up in the air as to if the cost outweighs the benefit.

Equality?

Oh my, @KrudlerTheHorse. This brings back such fond memories. Didn’t know if any would get the reference, but you nailed it, lol!

1 Like

Are the guardians available in fully upgraded guild chests? Just wondering, because they’re commons and after 20,000 seals, the guild chests aren’t supposed to have commons in them. Are the guardians a special case or should we open chests before they’re upgraded that far if we want them?

You have a chance to get guardians in all levels of guild chests.

1 Like

The chance of guild guardians is 50% per guild chest regardless of upgrade level. The upgrade level only changes what rarity the other 50% of cards are.

4 Likes

Seals are effectively the same as 1/20th of a guild key and we don’t have individual key counters at the top of the main screen, so I doubt we’ll get a seal counter.

I love how people keep asking the same questions that have been asked and answered throughout this thread (well the preview thread) what feels like a hundred times :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you referring to me sugar or someone else? If someone else asked what I did, I apologize. That thread has like 600 replies, I’m not reading through that.

Ah I now see you were, my apologies. Yeah oddly enough there are several people that don’t come to the forums in the game. If you listen to those people then you get a completely different understanding.

1 Like

9 Likes

I wasn’t poking at anyone, just a general comment. Didn’t mean it in a bad way or anything :slight_smile:

Oh, and You don’t need to look through the thread (holy crap 600+ replies, don’t blame ya! Ha I was just there from the beginning of the convo so I knew the info as it came out), you could instead look through devs activity and see what they’ve replied to. That way you don’t have to actually read the entire thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: this game is very unfriendly to those that don’t keep 100% updated. It gets a little tiring. There so much that you have to know from outside sources just to play the game in all seriousness (excluding very casual who don’t care).

You have to pay extreme attention to timing and updates or you can get screwed over. You can’t use chest keys at the wrong time. Can’t put your gold into the wrong guild tasks (especially important for lower guilds).

It’s a bit unfair that all things aren’t immediately in VIP and Gem chests. If People spend real money on their gems and spend them looking for a troop that isn’t even available in that chest… Well I would be annoyed. Especially if you never even know and you keep spending your gems on it thinking rng hated you when in reality the drop isn’t even possible. I don’t think it’s very obvious what troops are available and what troops are not. Especially after the week of their release but before they are added to those chests, so that 2-4 week period. Someone less knowledgable could easily be confused and have spent a lot of money on gems that go to waste and leave a bad feeling because you didn’t get something you really wanted and spent a lot of money trying to get.

If you never even visited this forum page as a player, which I bet most players haven’t, then you are really missing out.

1 Like

Yeah it’s my fault for listening to other people that don’t come to the forums as much as I do. Noted. Thanks for showing me the real answer.

1 Like

Again, I hope you didn’t take offense to what I said! I wasn’t trying to be mean. Sometimes I come off a little brash without attempting to. Mostly because I guess I’m a smidge sarcastic or my tone sounds different in my head than what it comes out to others :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No worries I didn’t take it that way, I sincerely meant thanks.

1 Like

It’s really nice that we won’t lose our guild seals if we forget to collect them!

Even if I won’t have that problem because I keep obsessively collecting them for some reason…

1 Like

Seems like its better to get guardians in the first chest. There’s only commons and rare cards. The pool gets alot more diluted as chest level rises.
I did 12 keys and got all 6 guardians in the first chest. In later chest i got alot of stuff i dont need.
If i needed other stuff like epics, legendary, mythics, ect i might wait for the top chest.

On the bright side, once you’ve reached Mythic status with all guardians they’ll stop dropping from Guild Chests altogether. (So I strongly recommend having at least 104 before that final ascension, you won’t get another chance to own 4-of-a-kind at once.)

And I’m assuming under the small likelihood of accidentally disenchanting a Mythic guardian that it’ll appear back in Guild Chests, correct @Sirrian?

It stops dropping once all 6 are mythic and you have 4 copies of each.

4 Likes

Source:

3 Likes