Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

100 writs per deed is ridiculous

Indeed. Those players who didn’t (or couldnt) add delves to their daily ‘to do list’ may have fallen behind to varying degrees. 17 days is the minimum, providing of course you win each fight (not much chance of that for lower level players). So, potions provided an escape route as long as you had the gem stash and/or cash plus a ridiculous amount of free time to put your boredom threshold to the test. This is the only route to catch up with delve renown if you neglected delves in the first place. And it’s gonna cost you. The grind of this mode was clear from the start so despite my dislike of the event I’ve done my delves daily and have renown of about 33k. I’ve only maxed mirrored halls because that’s the only time I’ve had the gems and time to endure the pain of a 3 day grind. Luckily one day the introduction of new factions will end and those currently behind will be able to eventually catch up if they choose to do so.I would hate to be in that predicament.

I’ve only got three maxed delves - and they’re only maxed from a “finished level 500” stance. I haven’t touched the faction-specific teams.

Delves are fundamentally flawed. They’re a huge Gold sink, which I’m sure was intended, but I just don’t put enough time into the game to constantly pump Gold into my treasure hoards plus contribute to my guild, so delving is what gets cut. It costs me a few stat points from having lower Renown but I stopped caring about that a while ago. I doubt I’m the only one. It stinks from a completionist mindset to be so far “behind” but I refuse to throw the amount of money at this game that I’d need to in order to stay “competitive/current” with the amount of time I choose to play.

I totally get your opinion and am sure that many are equally exasperated about this game mode that you correctly identify as “flawed”. But it is deliberately flawed because no rework has ever been introduced following input from the community shortly after the mode was launched. I don’t necessarily agree that it’s a gold sink (although that was most likely the intention) ;if that strategy had worked we probably wouldn’t have epic tasks. When I said “maxed” I meant faction renown 2500; but my average horde is 101 so all regular delves are doable with standard troops (yasmine pride and ketras are highly effective in relevant colour factions, ubastet also does well etc). I refuse to invest beyond horde 100 because the sink is colossal to make the necessary stat gains. Level 14 Kingdom power redressed the balance somewhat but it’s a feeble offering to counter these ludicrous high stat teams with extremely poor troops. I totally understand why many such as yourself had to prioritise other modes. Delve is a kick in the guts for all of us and the company have complete disregard for the unhealthy amount of play it demands, particularly during events.

1 Like

Why didn’t they just let us trade maps 100 to 1 for deeds

2 Likes

I’ve actually found them to be quite the opposite, one of the fastest ways to earn gold and other resources. You just need to invest 500k gold as initial setup cost, you get that back many times over, for a few minutes spent each day.

What is really flawed is the delve specific reward table. We need to clear the delve at max level with a pure faction team to max the pet that would help us clear the delve with a pure faction team. I’d love to hear Sirrian explaining the design decision behind that one.

9 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand the reasoning behind that either. I also don’t understand how we’re supposed to clear level 500 with a pure faction team at all outside of a delve event, unless the entire point is to try getting the players to pump absurd amounts of Gold into their hoards for the stat increases.

I’ve been very slowly raising my hoards to 100/10 for the Renown/chest bonuses, but I don’t grind millions of Gold per week, and my guild is now one of the “lucky” ones gated behind (un)Epic Tasks, so it’s harder than ever to divert what Gold I do get from something that can help my guild.

1 Like

We are not supposed to. At least not now, except for very involved players. In a year or three, with all kingdoms at upgrade level 20 and power level 30, super pet evolutions, platinum troop masteries, guild training ground buffs and hero power hats it will be a cakewalk.

That sounds like you don’t raise them efficiently. If you pay more than 500k gold to get a hoard to 100/10 you are paying too much. And you usually get that gold back just running the free sigils on faction release weekend.

1 Like

I raise them following a spreadsheet on what treasures to use for max cost efficiency. It comes out to around 350k investment per faction, I believe. Every now and then I get impatient and go off the plan, but I probably follow it 85%+ of the time if you want an estimate.

I still don’t grind a ton of Gold per week. Between regular play, a little grind, and tribute collection I probably accumulate right around a million per week, and I’ve been giving a million per week to my guild for quite some time now. The only way for me to get more Gold is to spend more time on the game than I already do, and honestly, that has been a challenge lately.

1 Like

Considering new factions being released while conquering old ones, it is.
But (I assume) you aren’t starting at 0 renown today. And new players aren’t playing them as a main concern to reach a higher goal.
This is absolutely ok to set long term ‘motivation’, at least as in - something to achieve if you like the gameplay mechanics. It’s meant to be mid-high Level content, not to deter away new players at the start of their journey.

Anyways, I’m derailing the intend of this post.

oh yay. 2 days of 10 writs… 8 more of these and I can get 1 color deed if I’m willing to waste 1,000 souls and 100 colored jewels.

… Whose idea was it to have the Ultra Rare writ Adventure board be so underwhelming? Its almost worse than nothing at this exchange rate…

11 Likes

I hadn’t even paid attention to that part of the recipe. I won’t be crafting any of those then. I don’t even have enough jewels for pet food anymore. Or weapons in the soul forge because I wasted jewels on pet food…

At least I won’t have to waste them on Deeds. Thanks Devs.

1 Like

Assuming 1 writ task in the AB per week, we will get 100 writs every 3 months…so every 3 months we can craft a single colored deed.:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Yes that’s a double facepalm.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree, writs are one of the worst ideas yet.
They should be discontinued. :roll_eyes:

Impeach the writs!

1 Like

And 10 writs popped up again. Anyone surprised? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

3 Likes

I think we are forgetting that THE BAD IDEA was epic tasks. Writs are just a slap in the face by product. Just ignore how negative all these incessant underhand ninja nerfs are. Forget how dishonest and duplicitous the dev/publisher combo has revealed itself to be. Work hard and spend nothing. Test their mettle for the next self destruct.

3 Likes

Seriously this UR task needs to give 100 writs (that’s only 1 deed). Is that too much to ask? I would literally rather see souls in the AB than 10 writs.

5 Likes

what i posted on the other thread. but yes. utterly effing broke ridic.

"Since it takes 100, they’re literally penny equivalents. I got a whole [13] 10 pennies today and that’s the whole task completely done.

I mean, come on, if i only get one crack at them, at least gimme 50 cents.

Or how about add them into tributes? Or treasure hunt? Or something to make up the difference on what isnt even 3 nickels’ worth for an entire right sideAB task.

[Edited bc it was even less than i thought. Hahahaha omg, it’s like the change in the car cup holder that got all sticky from spilled soda. Those 2 pennies and one nickel are just as worthless as the whateverthehell paper receipt something stuck beside them]"

2 Likes

Here’s to hoping that as we move towards 5.0 more sources become available. I like your suggestions.

2 Likes

The ultra rare version of shards is up today, 825 or the equivalent of 8.25 diamonds. Only need 3,991 and 3/4 to craft a mythic. So to me, it seems ultra rare AB tasks are meant to provide 2 class xp per battle and not much else.

I’m not as outraged as I was about this. I am still full of rage about a great many things, but not this.

Sirrian should pay them in cents… I’m paying you hundreds an hour!

1 Like