1.09 - is there any hints or known knowledge on what will be new?

I must admit, I lol’d at that :smile:

Maybe the venomous trait will be tweaked next patch to poison self. At least then it does something. :smiley:

Edit: Oh wait, Webspinner has strudy too. Even that would still make it do nothing. :laughing:

Love the discussions going on here, guys. I love everything about the Dwarves except from their look. Hope the Devs will change the pictures. :wink:

I actually like the way the dwarves look personally. If they change the style of anything I hope it’s the heroes. The animalistic(is that a word lol?) ones look fine, but some of the others could really do with an update in my opinion.

I was just joking about their looks, my message was that I want them to be buffed.

Ah. I’ll probably agree when we get the update hehe. I’d still like to see the heroes styling get looked at though, even if players get to choose between old and new versions, so people who like the current ones stay happy as well.

Also like the idea one came up with earlier. If each kingdom has a character one can use as a hero, he can fill up the kingdom team bonuses as well as type bonuses.(as long as the weapon has the same color as the kingdom it is from). Its the majority of troops in each kingdom that decide which type and the look the hero could be. F.example from Khaziel it could be Dwarf. Yet to see a Dwarf female hero! :wink:

The problem I’d have with that is you’d basically get forced to use a specific hero, to fit your team. At that point the hero just seems like a troop to me. I like being able to choose the one I want. I know it’s just a silly little thing, but I like being represented visually in the game.

I never played with hero, but I believe in later stages level 250+ hero will be needed because of its stats and weapons available.

Atm, in your version, at later stages it’s very weak. The stat’s barely go up after level 100. In 1.09 we’ll see. In the console version it still seems decent to me, because traits and kingdom/racial bonuses aren’t in yet.

I believe that there is more useful troops in the console than using the hero, tho. But of course depends on what your tactic is and what weapon youre using.

I love all the art in the game… except one - Reaver looks rubbish… and different style, and proportions/perspective wrong… euugh…

I like most of it. There are some I like less of course, but I think the devs have done a great job with most of it. But all of the non-animalistic heroes just seem very off to me. I suppose it’s just personal taste. Still more options wouldn’t be a bad thing, including a choice of some updated art.

Totally agree with Reaver.

[quote=“ThoughtfulMoron, post:44, topic:3243”]
The animalistic(is that a word lol?)

I think the word your looking for is “anthropomorphic”.

I didn’t think many people would know what that meant so was looking for something more self explanatory :stuck_out_tongue:

How did I not see this thread… oh yeah, shoddy mobile internet, may my ISP’s staff be stung repeatedly by winged insects or something…

Right. Trueshot. I actually never found it that gratifying to use - next to the still-stupid-OP Skeleton. The issue is that the True Shot + Skull spawner teams manage not to have any risk while being used by the AI. Teams with little to no risk are nothing new - any transformer team with infinite loops of doom can manage to have no risk. Its the fact that the AI can actually just roll over us with stupidly large force multipliers in Agile and True Shot.

I personally am a fan of the 50-60% damage idea, but I’m just hoping the devs come up with something more creative.

I still prefer to have True Shot only activates during 4+ matched Skull critical.
Halving attack power just seems counter-intuitive.

Perhaps True Shot would be better if it only affected spell damage, and not skull damage. This might put it more on par with the other traits.

1 Like

Certainly would make them a lot more intuitive - all of them have some kind of nuke.