1.0.9 Sneak Peek- Frozen

ok thx for the info, but yep i think burn and frezee should be related

I was just thinking about a Freeze effect the other day… or how would it be implemented.

Also apparently Frost Giant is blue-brown now. Always did think Stormheim troops were completely lacking diversity for a newer kingdom… maybe we’ll see other changes…

oh I forgot Winter Imp ^^

and why a relationship between frezee and burn, because nobody want to create a team with burn an frezee together

For example, you don’t want to combine Jarl Firemantle (aflame) with Ice Witch despite a kingdom bonus or a yellow mana generation

I think it 'd be interesting in the composition of teams

Berserker doesn’t have freeze in his spell.

Only Ice Witch and Frost Giant at the moment can freeze.

Thank you for the info , I was thinking that, because the picture of Beserker and Winter Imp shows ice ^^

Winter Imp probably need it, this troop lacks something to be interesting

Not a fan of this idea at all, but we will see.

1 Like

i wish we could unlock a trait itself and then add it to any troop for gems/souls/gold etc :smiley:

I really like it personally as a concept, though of course we’ll just have to see how it plays. And I really want to go back in time about 3 weeks and buy a lot more frost witches lol. (It was the event on console)

Uhm… Winter Imp?

Question to the devs: How many defense teams do you think will have at least one troop with this Frozen spell/trait?

@CrowdedWorlds is back from the /quit?

So a total of three troops will be able to freeze out of the gate. Ice Witch & Frost Giant via Spell, and an unnamed Troops that learns it via Trait.

Unfortunately this means one of the new traits previously mentioned on a prior topic will be “Thick Fat” or something of the sort to cancel out freezing. On the upside, YAY, new Status Effect! :snowflake:

Though I still feel traits need to be reworked to negate 2+ status effects. For example: a trait titled “Flame Body” would have immunity to both Burning and Entangle. (Not Frozen Immunity because that implies lowered body temp which a body of fire would react to, think fire extinguisher, blah!)

Honestly I’m looking forward to the challenge this new status may create. :snowboarder:
When I first heard about Burning I thought it’d be OP because I thought it was permanent, when I heard otherwise I was glad but also a bit disappointed and it burned out my excitement for it. :no_smoking: Then when a trait said damage from a troop caused burning I was excited again! Until I learned it only applied to skull damage.

This status won’t see as much play or use as you may think. Ice witch isn’t a very good troop in most cases. Frost Giant’s nice but niche in team composition. And the third troop HAS to hit you to work, which means it’s most likely a necessary front seat to be of good use, which means no True Shot/Stone Skin/Leader troop up front. It’d need to be a darn good troop to lead with in which case.

TL/DR: Good in the hands of a player, sucks in the hands of AI (like always :P) so just worry about freezing that Bone Dragon or that Goblin and not the occasional Frosty the Snowgiant. :snowman:
You won’t have to worry about getting cold cut by some niche status quite yet. (Lets wait for more Ice kingdoms to open up before getting cold feet.)

2 Likes

I’m actually thinking hurray. Finally something to stop those pesky Goblins from having turn after turn. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like goblins :stuck_out_tongue:

I find it hard to be happy about this. Keeping my own extra turns is more valuable to me than stopping the enemy’s - even if it’s a goblin team.

But casting it surely doesn’t freeze your own team! :slight_smile:

That’s one scary status effect, but I’m afraid we will now see even more team like this :
Glade Warden
Valkyrie
Sheggra Heart
Sheggra

Since Sheggra heart cleanse all.

Wait & See I guess…

I meant I’m not happy about the very existence of this status effect, since it can (and will) be used against me, and even using it myself does not feel beneficial enough to negate that.

1 Like

Feels wrong to me. It’s a debuff on a troop, having it apply to the whole party just doesn’t seem to fit in well. Take, for example, chain-freezing by always selecting a different target each time. It essentially negates the cumulative chance to unfreeze, there’s a new counter starting at 0% in play. The effect only goes away once all counters expire, which is unlikely to happen if they get refreshed independently.

It would make much more sense to me if the freeze effect would only prevent extra turns triggered by the frozen troop. Extra turns from manual gem matching would be attributed to the first troop, extra turns from spells and spell induced board shakes would be attributed to the troop casting the spell.

2 Likes

Well the freezing troop becomes a higher priority target then. Just like the silent one used to be for me.