1.0.8 Preview Part 3 - Shop and Kingdoms

nobody is saying you need to spend 50$. But if you spent 10 our 15, you might get to VIP 2 or 3 which gives some nice perks!

Yeah, but then, as I said, what you can get is stuff you’d get over time anyway. I’m in no particular hurry to max out virtually everything, because then the game is less interesting, so I’m good with having to wait to get stuff. Pretty much the only things I’d want to spend money on is those legendaries I still don’t have.

1 Like

This is true and there is nothing wrong with that. Personally of I get this much enjoyment out of something and it’s my go to, I throw them some money.

That’s just me though.

1 Like

I have the impression that maxing everything in this game will become WAY more difficult with 1.0.8 than at any given time before.

If you went to the movies, you would probably pay $20 to be entertained for 2 hours.
Here you have a game that entertained you for 100s of hour. I think its worth at least the price of a movie ticket.
In my case, I played 1000’s of hours and spent a lot more on it, it’s still cheaper than all the money I saved on other hobbies.

The thing is you will need 155 troops to ascend a common troop to mythic. It won’t really be as simple as you think.

Sure, but I can also keep getting that enjoyment for free. :wink:

True, but think of the amount of common cannon fodder you fed into the meat grinder of souls since you started. It won’t be easy and it will take time but it can be done. Especially if you invest in event chests

That is not what’s happening… as many here have said, the bonuses are only getting resources a bit faster… nothing that you couldn’t achieve by playing more… money offers a shortcut perhaps, but it’s very far from pay to win…

Pretty sure that is not the intention of the devs… it hasn’t started that way and it feels really that the culture of the game and dev team isn’t leaning that way…

1 Like

Mariox
15h

Or if you are playing on Steam, you can go to the Badges, find Gems of war, click on “how do I earn more cards” it will tell you how much money you spent.

It says I am already eligible for a booster pack, but I have no idea what that means or how to use it, does anyone else?

If anything the game becomes more and mor f2p as time goes on, definitely not less

I’m in the latter camp but I don’t think it will be a big deal. But I’ll let you know when the update is actually released and enough time has gone by to see how it really goes.

I actually really like when a game frequently adds stuff that is just beyond my reach. I am looking at 108 thinking, “I have no clue when I will complete all that”. And that makes me very happy. I play for the journey not the destination.

I do hope as it seems many do that the disparity in power level isn’t too bad. Alternatively I hope for a tightening of the power level in matchmaking. Something I keep on my wishlist for 109. Back when a newbie could quickly match a veteran in power level it wasn’t a big deal, but the gap gets wider and wider (as it should honestly). I wouldn’t have any problem with that if it weren’t for the matchmaking system constantly throwing it in my face and interrupting my gameplay with the fact.

As others have said, keep up the excellent work devs. You guys are advancing the game by leaps and bounds extremely quickly. The depth added just since I started playing is amazing and you deserve recognition for that.

-Razlath

5 Likes