1.0.8 Preview Part 2 - Upgrading Troops

Interesting, but I’d prefer to see it more customisable than that. Putting traits on weapons still binds the trait/spell/colour together… And there are 80% of the weapons we’d still never use…

I’d like to see a new option to configure the hero - say a Role or Relic or Aspect collectable, where paths of traits and stat gains etc can be built. Then you equip a Role/Relic etc as well as equipping a Weapon. Bring the RP back to this part-time RPG :smile:

1 Like

I understand your suggestion, but I think making things individually customizable would slow down game play considerably. It seems like you might have to construct a new team for every battle to defend/conquer every possible iteration of traits/skills. That might be what you’re looking for, but I’d like the game to go a little faster than that.

With the event specific chests you can also target a kingdom to speed the process so instead of gettin 40 keys with 2 jarls and an Orian when all you want is a crimison bag you get just 3 crimison bats (assuming your luck is the same in both cases).

1 Like

And the actual chances too.

Every time I see 1.0.8 preview in headlines I think it’s a new video :pensive:
Seems so long when wanting to see more this much :smile:

Well, there is 20 team slots that will only be expanded with more kingdoms. Not to mention there is talk that scouting will be free for a certain VIP level onwards.

I still think the best two options are some form of stat distribution to deviate from the static progression + the ability to use one of any lesser, medium, and upper trait in the game, of which multiple can be bought but no more than one of each can be used at a given time.

I wouldn’t be against weapons also having 3 abilities. It may make some of the currently useless weapons more efficient for use. The two main problems with that is it would be a lot of work for the devs for very little turnout and will still leave a good majority of weapons obsolete to better weapons and troops.

1 Like

One of the devs said he was working on the next preview about 8 hours ago, so there is a possibility it comes out today. The previous previews were 3 days apart and today is the 3rd day. We could quite possibly have a new event and a new preview today. :wink:

Precisely why I am so on edge :smiley:
I noticed that it took 3 days between last 2 so I supposed the final one arrives today :smile:
And I believe it will be about pasiv traits which I find extremely interesting so I can’t wait :smile:
All the reading and studying of all those new traits when the update comes live, can’t wait ^^

Or we could have it tomorrow like we did last week :wink:

We try not to put too many announcements out on the same day.

Tomorrow confirmed? Probably. :smile:

@xSidarothx is probably right.

A video certainly wouldn’t be too much :smile:
Besides last video came along side with announcements of new kingdom, no one minded 2 announcements :smile:

I remember the last preview video for 1.0.7 never made it, because Apple suddenly released the game after which it immediately had to be released on Steam and Android too, before the last video could be posted. :smile:

That would be even a better thing :ok_hand:

Yeah, I have been telling my guildies not to be surprised if suddenly the patch has gone live :slight_smile:

This was a very “campaign manager” way of saying the announcement probably won’t be today haha.

Well, given the fact that it’s 1am in the morning here right now…

Ugh being a dev sounds an awful lot like having young kids. Sleep is something you remember fondly but don’t actually do very much of.

2 Likes

Sirrian makes half his forum posts at 3am. He’ll come to this thread in a couple of hours just to prove my point, you’ll see.

I suppose it would depend on the kind of traits we get. Passive stuff, like healing 1 hp per turn, wouldn’t be too bad. Something more active might be a different story, but again it depends. Right now, I feel like there’s enough incentive to build a few reliable teams that work in a variety of situations that I think it won’t change much.

However, I see your worry and I hope it won’t come to that. Especially since they’re taking the time to build the system properly, I think it will be reasonably balanced and well thought out.